Hisense U7H to launch in India during Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale

That's right.
US version have VA panel.
Don't know why they do this. Maybe ips is cheaper or maybe the average customer cares more about viewing angle than shallow contrast.
Last year's U6G is still a good option without 120hz refresh rate.
There is some psychology to it and i just have a theory. Lets take an example - LG has only gone with ips panels and so their "nano" technology did not gain traction as much as Samsung's QLED chest thumping. Secondly, Panasonic which had VA panels sold at entry level in their Sanyo lineup suddenly went for IPS and they are like gone in thin air all of a sudden. Sony mixes ips and VA panels in their inventory but in order to get both VA plus dolby vision, ond has to buy their 9000 series (90j/k etc...). They have VA at 7000 series but no Dolby Vision.

Samsung too are slipping in ADS panels among their flagship FALD Quantum dot bright TVs that sell on par with OLED TVs minus Dolby vision as cost savings manoeuvre.

All these hint that VA with dolby vision, QLED and full array costs much to manufacture and only a niche segment would know its true worth. Blind purchasers of TVs bearing only cost in mind, many consumers dont bother in India. The tax on big screens import and distribution logistics further add to their problems. Our Netas and Babus are not going to cut the OEMs a slack and so they compromise on product quality. Thats my guess.

That's right.
US version have VA panel.
Don't know why they do this. Maybe ips is cheaper or maybe the average customer cares more about viewing angle than shallow contrast.
Last year's U6G is still a good option without 120hz refresh rate.
It looks like 55U8H is also IPS-ADS panel.
Maybe somehow they've managed to get blacks closer to VA levels in this gen. And that's why they're opting for more of IPS in their H series.

Samsung too are slipping in ADS panels among their flagship FALD Quantum dot bright TVs that sell on par with OLED TVs minus Dolby vision as cost savings manoeuvre.
Samsung went back to VA only from this generation. QN90B and QN95B are all VA panels regardless of size and region.
All these hint that VA with dolby vision, QLED and full array costs much to manufacture and only a niche segment would know its true worth. Blind purchasers of TVs bearing only cost in mind, many consumers dont bother in India. The tax on big screens import and distribution logistics further add to their problems. Our Netas and Babus are not going to cut the OEMs a slack and so they compromise on product quality. Thats my guess.
I doubt that VA costs more. It’s just artificial segmentation from manufacturers. Hisense is selling VA with FALD for 50k

Manufacturers know that VA + FALD is better so they don’t put it on their budget TVs to upsell us. Also wide viewing angles sell in India because the entire family watches stuff

Maybe somehow they've managed to get blacks closer to VA levels in this gen. And that's why they're opting for more of IPS in their H series.

U7H and U8H in the US are both VA. I believe it’s just the Europe and India variant which might be IPS. Also the US variant is 1500 nits. This one is 500!!!

Forget about good blacks in IPS unless it’s miniLED with 1000+ zones.

Edit: just to be clear the 75” U8H is IPS, 65 and below are VA in US

You are likely to see lot of blooming.
The high native contrast ratio of a good VA FALD panel masks blooming very well.

Under 1 Lakh which is a good 65 inch TV for watching movies and netflix alone.... am very confused now :(

so under 1lakh Vu Masterpiece Glo is the best we can get. its better than U6G, am i right.
Both are FALD. Maybe U6G is better and cheaper. But its a high in demand TV and if no stock available Vu is an alternative.

u6G us better then
I'm trying so hard to convince myself that this TV would check all the boxes for me for Gaming as well as content consumption, all well within my budget.
Just found that Amazon product page is up, and it says peak brightness is just 500 nits

View attachment 72006
Somewhere I read they have reduced the peak brightness to avoid blooming which is an issue with other models where the white areas are washed out. With this correction the images are closer to reference samples.

Last edited:
Also calling @Alphaforest, I've seen your in depth review on VU Masterpiece which is very informative and covering enough details to help make buying decisions.

Do you also have any information on Hisense U7H launching in this sale on Amazon?
hey, I do not have any concrete information about the product at the moment however I will have an in-depth answer in a month. For some reasons I believe this might be the same panel as VU masterpiece glo (don’t quote me on that, just a hunch)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back