Home theater for 50k compatible with Sony LCD klv-32v550a

srinigk

Hi,
I am new to home theater systems and want your help in identifying a HT component system for under 50k and compatible with my LCD as mentioned above. Room size is around 20x20 sq ft.

I would want features like full HD compatible, 1080p, ability to play multiple DVD / CD formats, mpeg, 6.2 etc.

I have looked at Sony HT-DDW5500 (details at HT-DDW5500 : Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India). However I am open for any brand as long as it matches my requirements. Please suggest.

Last edited:
Go with Onkyo HTS6200 it has all the features you have mentioned in here...

But you need to buy a HDMI DVD player separately.....

I would recommend custom Wharfedales or at least Polk Audio.

For HTiB you can go for Polk Audio RM705 or RM6750, they cost around 25-30k from profx.com.

You can get an Onkyo or Denon receiver.

Hi,
I am new to home theater systems and want your help in identifying a HT component system for under 50k and compatible with my LCD as mentioned above. Room size is around 20x20 sq ft.

I would want features like full HD compatible, 1080p, ability to play multiple DVD / CD formats, mpeg, 6.2 etc.

I have looked at Sony HT-DDW5500 (details at HT-DDW5500 : Home Theatre Component System : Home Theatre System : Sony India). However I am open for any brand as long as it matches my requirements. Please suggest.

So called Home Theatres from Sony, LG, Samsung, etc, are not considered to be in Home Theatres category...they are more of a enhanced Music Systems...as i always say everything that is 5.1 is not a Home Theatre...

Audition Q Acoustics as well...

Whatever you do don't go for an Onkyo.

Onkyos loose even to Bose and Bose clearly looses to brands like Polk audio which is still not as good as custom built HTs.

If you are on a tight budget, then get the following:
Polk Audio HT OR Jamo HT OR Boston HT for around 25-30k.
And pair with an Onkyo receiver for around 20k.

If you want pure sound quality and can compromise on 5.1 for the same and/or can upgrade in the future then go in for Wharfedale 9.1/10.1s or Polk FSs.

Hi Techboy,

How about buying PRO FX speakers? they are selling 5.1 package for 29K. Please advice on this.

Also a best receiver which cost around 25k....

I have no clue about Pro FX but I can guess that they would beat Polk Audio easily.

For movies perhaps a mid range Onkyo receiver or a lower end Denon receiver.

For music Marantz, or NAD or Cambridge Audio etc.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back