Home theater from scratch - budget 1,00,000. Purpose - mostly movies and little music

Krunal Chande

Hey guys, I am about to buy a new home theater system, and looking at the people over here, I have realized that the people here have quite a bit of knowledge and I can surely learn a thing or two from them.

So if you have the time, please help me out a bit.

Now, as I said - new HT from scratch.
So before buying, I have to do the cabling. I have an electrician responsible for doing that, so I am not looking much into that. Is there anything I should look out for? Because its all concealed, I can't change it later on. All I know is that it should be gauge 16 at least or 14 just to be safe.

Next is the placement of the speakers, especially the rear ones. Here are the plans for the TV unit and the living room. Please suggest me where and at what height should the speakers be placed. And do those expensive stands(when compared with normal furniture at same height) eg. for wharfdale diamonds, have an acoustical advantage or are they there just as furniture?

Next, the speakers and the AVR. First comes the speakers, so which ones are best bang for buck at my price range, around 60,000? I want them for mainly movies and will listen to music too, (but comparably quite less around 90-10), mostly classical rock and techno. I have auditioned many speakers, but the fact that not all are tuned rightly along with the variations in the acoustics of the room at different stores make it nearly impossible for my untrained ear to discern which one is better among two. So please, this is where I need most help :p

Then the AVR, I have looked at Denon 1713, it seems to be pretty good and fits my budget. What do you say go or no go? And what about Yamaha? I have heard they too are pretty good.

I haven't bought anything except the cables so I am open to all suggestions.

Also I saw a thread about ordering from Amazon.de, it seems to be cheaper, worth the hassle?? Anyone faced any problems regarding customs or anything?

Attachments

• KUNAL_PDF.pdf
    175.6 KB · Views: 26
  • KUNAL_PDF_2.pdf
    22.7 KB · Views: 18
Re: Home theater from scratch - budget 1,00,000. Purpose - mostly movies and little m

krunal chande- polk audio speakers are value for money and for your kinda budget would be perfect,there's another brand called magnate which again, would be in your budget, but heard some bad reviews too , not sure, check with other's too. yamaha's are really good, i have a yamaha amp and been using for more than 8 years now with out an issue.cant say the same thing about yamaha speakers though.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back