Home theater quotation feedback

ravithej

Hi

I am planning to get a 7.1 home theater setup.
My room size is 22ft(length) and width 14ft.

My dealer gave this below quote as shown in the image. Wondering what areas can I bargain. Are there any slight changes that I can make. like higher version for reasonable price change or any minor things that you all can suggest.

View image: home theater quote
Home theater interior work is complete. If I say ok to this quote he will come and install this setup.

Main purpose is to watch movies or tv shows.

Last edited:
Hi

Check with other dealer for rates and quotations.....then decide...hope you have auditioned these products and is happy with the performance.....no point getting something which does not perform well in your place......

Hi

I am planning to get a 7.1 home theater setup.
My room size is 22ft(length) and width 14ft.

My dealer gave this below quote as shown in the image. Wondering what areas can I bargain. Are there any slight changes that I can make. like higher version for reasonable price change or any minor things that you all can suggest.

View image: home theater quote
Home theater interior work is complete. If I say ok to this quote he will come and install this setup.

Main purpose is to watch movies or tv shows.

To watch movies, you don't need a Floorstander like JBL Arena 180 when you have a subwoofer. Plain bookshelf would do..

I would suggest two changes here, without altering the budget much..

1) Replace Denon X1200 with X 4200 - Reason being x1200 has Audyssey Silver, while x4200 has Audyssey Platinum suite - An advanced Digital room correction feature. 4200 must cost above 1 Lac, so negotiate hard on that AVR..

2) Replace JBL Arena 180 FS with JBL Arena 120 BS..

For home theater your sub crossover will normally be set to 80. So get BS as elangos suggested.
Look at getting two subs.
Check out Pioneer LX series AVR

Tooo Much for the screen ....74K ..... Go DIY way ......

I also think it's too much for the screen. You can do much better for half the price.
I'd also go for a better receiver. The denon 4xxx or Pioneer LX series. Along with the room correction these will have much more power and will give you better dynamics.
I'm not very familiar with JBL speakers. I might have chosen different subwoofer - say a SVS SB2000.

Is this the curved screen mentioned in your other thread?
From what I have read on this forum and elsewhere, it seems that projection on a curved screen will need an anamorphic lens which is pretty expensive. Not sure if this applies to LED projectors.

You can get fantastic screens (120-133 inches) for around 30k. Denon 1200 is too under-powered and i would not go less than x3200 for a better experience.
It is not clear from your post whether it is a dedicated room or not. If its dedicated, good bookshelf is fine for room of 300 sq.ft. Otherwise, i would go for FS.
I have heard JBL 290 and it did not impress but not sure of JBL 180 though.
Get a better subwoofer though.

it seems that projection on a curved screen will need an anamorphic lens which is pretty expensive. Not sure if this applies to LED projectors.

Curved screen has no relation with anamorphic lens. Anamorphic Lens is used to view wide screen format movie on a native 16:9 projector.

It is the same thing when marketing portrays the projection screen is 3d enabled when the projector is the one which can play 3d movies as the screen is just a dummy

Strange you say that, Sam. From your thread (post 121 by manoj).
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/50863-sam9s-home-theater-civil-construction-phase-ii-13.html

Other references can be found on the net
Example

Not contradicting Manoj, but to get that distortion at corners will depend on the degree of curvature. The one we normally are talking about for Home theaters has a very very less curvature, wont make any difference with normal projectors. When we cross 50-120-180 degree curvature, that's where anamorphic lens might become mandatory. I have seen curved screen working perfectly with normal projector with no image quality loss .....

Not contradicting Manoj, but to get that distortion at corners will depend on the degree of curvature. The one we normally are talking about for Home theaters has a very very less curvature, wont make any difference with normal projectors. When we cross 50-120-180 degree curvature, that's where anamorphic lens might become mandatory. I have seen curved screen working perfectly with normal projector with no image quality loss .....

Thanks Sam :). That does clear the air for me. Maybe come useful for a future project .....

Seems your AVR is less powered and speaker quote is pretty costly here. As people mentioned above you can look for some other dealers.

Samething repeating again, you are gonna spend a huge money in this so do some audition and then get the things in.

Your AVR also overpriced here so better go with some audiophile people who you know.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back