Home theatre for 50K

Keshav_CoolDude

I have decided to buy a home theatre(speakers, reciever, tallboy, blu ray player).. Budget is 50K..

I have currently got a Onkyo 3400..
N I am currently confused on which tallboy to get.. There are 2 options; either a Onkyo 4600 or Onkyo 728.. Which one would you suggest?

N regarding blu ray player, I thought to buy Sony S480, but the shopkeeper told(where I got Onkyo 3400), not to buy a 3D player now, it might not function well as the technology is still new(though I dont own a 3D TV now, but may buy in the near future).. He even told to buy a PS3 instead.. What should I do? I am currently not in a hurry to buy a blu ray player if its not worth it now..

EDIT: I read about region DVDs, so please suggest region free blu ray player.. It should play movies from pen drives/external hard drives(ntfs), 3D playback and 2D to 3D conversion, wifi enabled.. Any option around 15K? And as I said I can wait if there's not an good option available..

Suggestions please!

Thanks..

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Regarding speakers, audition is the only way to find what suits your tastes.

Will you be buying blu-ray disks or watching downloaded movies? If you primarily watch downloaded content then a media player or HTPC is the best option. Blu-ray disks are expensive and after purchasing a few titles we will resort to the download way. Region free BR players are not easily available. You can buy Panasonic BR players and make them region free by installing an 'enhanced firmware'.

My brother did audition the two tallboys and according to him, Onkyo 4600 did sound louder but he was not so impressed with the quality.. So we are thinking to get 728.. Has anyone got a good experience in comparing them?

Actually both. I have got a few full HD movies in my computer and sometimes I will be downloading a few more but it will not be possible to download them everytime as my net is not so fast. So I will get discs too.
And I even saw a website moviemart.in which rents blu rays, is it a good source to get them?
And are panasonic players good?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back