Requirement:
For home viewing,
budget is 50K,
MixNMatch / Package anything will Do
Thinking Onkyo : 606 : 36K + Jamo 406 HCS - 18000
OR
Onkyo 6200

Please guide.

also explain HDMI upscaling ? Is it really needed when connected to present LED Tv's.

Requirement:
For home viewing,
budget is 50K,
MixNMatch / Package anything will Do
Thinking Onkyo : 606 : 36K + Jamo 406 HCS - 18000
OR
Onkyo 6200

Please guide.

also explain HDMI upscaling ? Is it really needed when connected to present LED Tv's.

I went for Onkyo 6200 and I am loving it from all ends. Solid performance for the price. If you want seperate route, I would suggest Polk Audio(RM-6750) over Jamo for Spks and DENON(1610) for AVR.

Last edited:
Gawd.. Once in a while we come accross human robots like these.. :rolleyes:

hi blasto,

but i know that this man is a fragile human - his mother was in an autorickshaw on the bandra sea-face when she went into labour - she delivered jojo as she was being helped out of the auto and jojo fell head first on to the stone cold pavement where he did not take his first breath till after 10 minutes - when the mother recovered and tried to fill out the birth certificate she could not remember how she got this way and who it was - well, this is JOJO - do not blame the poor man!

edit - i could be mistaken, but this jojo that i know used be like this only!!!

:lol: Thanks guys for all the post.

What about Jamo 406 + Onkyo Tx SR 607 ?

Where in Bangalore I can get audition for this setup ?

I will start understanding this setup more. (Polk Audio(RM-6750) and DENON(1610) for AVR. )

Suppose you watch DVD movies in 5.1 channel about 80% of the time (action movies), then IMHO, go for Yamaha 465/665 or Harman Kardon 255/355/160/260/360 audio video receivers. These two brands can deliver more punch (without using the sub) than Onkyo/Marantz/Denon.......but if you watch more dramas or concerts then Onkyo/Marantz/Denon would be suitable.....Try Klipsch speakers Quintet III/IV and 10" Klipsch Synergy sub. These would be more ideal for your budget setup.

I guess if you audition some of the avr and play the same scene from a movie, then you would agree with me that HK provides more punch.

It might be true for Marantz but DENON is anytime ahead than Yahama AVRs.

Part B is complete : Got Jamo speakers 606 HCS (Without sub) for 30500/- here in bangalore.
Now will be looking for denon 1910, hope its compatible and makes a good combination. My friend bought these speakers for me (two sets),
Does it look like a good deal ?

please reply I have very little time left to decide.

Hi,
If you are looking for indian brand Sonodyne Genie series looks like a good option within the range. You can also go for a low - range Yamaha Amp and go for Jamo satellite speakers. One of my friends did that.

I have a sonodyne(cinque) - i bought it in 2005, it had cost me around 30k including wiring and all. I was just into a year in my job so the budget was less. :sad:

Thanks all.

Please also update on following queries :

1. Is Denon 1910 support DTS-HD High resolution Audio, Dollby digital plus,DTS-HD Master Audio , Dollby True HD . I can see those features in Onkyo 607 catlog but not getting in Denon 1910 . plz suggest.

2. In Denon catalog I do see following and need clarification on wording ( just to make sure I am not getting caught in some catchy word business)

AVR-1910 : High bit i/p converter and scale upto 1080p
AVR-3808A : 1080p Upconversion

Is this same or word juggling ?

3. Is 1910 THX certified ? what is it anyway ()some certifying authority?

1910 can decode all current aud format including HD,
It can upscale to 1080p with good upscaler chip.
Its THX which is certification(like ISO)still its one of the best current AVR's.

Now our budget is really going like anything.. 22K To 50 to 60 to 70+ and nowhere...

Enlight us on receivers please...

Marantz 5004 Vs Denon 1910

Also please list price which can be categorized as good deals.

We are looking for 2 sets.

Finally Denon 1910 wins...

More sellers in Bangalore.
Value for money buy.
anticipating future service should not be an issue.

thanks all who helped in making this decision.

Hi anchanda,
congrates..:clapping:

Can you specify how Denon wins?
What is the lowest pice & where?

Denon costed around 38K from Profx

Installation cost as per SP road accessories will be 2K.

Found Profx people to be good and professional , kind of emotional decision :)

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back