Horible experience with A2V Delhi

SaurabhK

Hi All,

Contrary to what i said about A2V I would highly recommend that members stay away from this vendor at all costs.
My Case Hostory:

1. Unable to devliver a product for which I paid 100% advance.
2. Stalling for delivery for over 3 months ( citing shipment is stuck in customs) order was for a pair of Kimber speaker cables worth 8K
3. Refund after at least 5 reminders and 2 months of chasing up. ( refund was also not of full amount - the deducted credit card payment charges of 2% ) Is it my fault that the dealer was unable to deliver. Total disregard for the customer. It is the classic scenario where the customer is dirt once he has paid for the product. And to top it all instead of regretting the inability to deliver, a high handedness as if it was all my fault .

To ALL members.. just stay away from this most horrible dealer . I had earlier recommended this vendor to a fellow member. I now take back all my recommendations . Just because you deal in high and mighty products does not mean that the customer is dirt . A total snooty approach to customers... shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad to hear such an attitude for a large dealer. Everytime I hear about A2V, all I find is a negative report. Pretty terrible really. I'm so happy that we have folks on the other end of the scale too... dealers who actually give users the brand new product without bothering about price or anything for that matter. All they want is an honest review of their product :).

Refund after at least 5 reminders and 2 months of chasing up. ( refund was also not of full amount - the deducted credit card payment charges of 2% )

That sucks!
A2V are known to be arrogant and think they do you a favour by selling to you.

Saurabh,
Its sad the way some of these dealers treat customers.
Please mail a stinker to AVI bombay and vent your emotions. They must be made aware (if they are not already) of the attitude of their dealer.
Personally i have nothing against them and have had good service in all gear bought from them but i do agree with awedeophile that they come across as very arrogant. Actually on a similar thread earlier i had mentioned that i have only had good experiences with all bbay dealers i had interacted with.
In the last couple of months i have changed my views about a handful of them from nasty experiences of some of my friends. All i can safely say is that the conduct/attitude of dealers/distributors is slowly but surely worsening and the buyer better be on his toes or be prepared to be taken for a joyride!
Regards

Hi,

Saurabh its indeed a very bad thing !! but not a totally surprising factor though !

They are a very well known arrogant's in the business ! there are tonnes of people having bad experience in this very forum who have posted their experience !!

Anyway whats done is done !! from now on atleast all other fellow delhi folks know how to deal with this A2V !!

Thanks for bringing this to the notice of all !!

Regards.

Naam bade aur darshan chotte!!!!

These people can never prosper by cheating with customers.

Saurabh,
Its sad the way some of these dealers treat customers.
Please mail a stinker to AVI bombay and vent your emotions. They must be made aware (if they are not already) of the attitude of their dealer.
Personally i have nothing against them and have had good service in all gear bought from them but i do agree with awedeophile that they come across as very arrogant. Actually on a similar thread earlier i had mentioned that i have only had good experiences with all bbay dealers i had interacted with.
In the last couple of months i have changed my views about a handful of them from nasty experiences of some of my friends. All i can safely say is that the conduct/attitude of dealers/distributors is slowly but surely worsening and the buyer better be on his toes or be prepared to be taken for a joyride!
Regards

A2V delhi is not a dealer. They are a direct A2V mumbai owned/run branch store. I think they are well aware of the deal.

Hi Saurabh,
Basically all i am saying is to bring it to either Burge or Munirs notice for whatever its worth. I am not in touch with them currently to know whether they frequent delhi often or if its totally left to the locally appointed staff. Initially one of them went every week to delhi to overlook operations. Whats done is done but i always prefer to let people know(and be sure they know) how the staff at a particular outlet are behaving.
In general i find that lots of these dealers are not transparent in the transaction. Now as a rule i would not pay upfront for any product like u did as then i am generally made to chase them which i am not prepared to do.
Regards

hmm.. good idea Dinyaar. I will definetly shoot them a mail. Well normally one does not think that a large organziation like a2v will create such a racket for a 8K deal so an advance payment was not a risky affair. Sicne they said they will have to order it from mumabi stocks I did not have much choice as it was not available ex-stock in Delhi. Firstly they did not have enough lengh in mumbai and were willing to give me only 10 feet in all ( what would i do with 10 feet of speaker cable..).But then the stories started about " custom " problems.... etc etc.

Please write a stinker. I know the drill and the various stupid, dim witted reasons people give the customers to cover up the actual reasons. I had quite an adventure recently when my new bryston amplifier misbehaved and persistent emails to the company/distributor/dealer got me a replacement as against repair which i was initially offered.
In your case they must have run out of the kimber cable u opted for and didnt think it worth the effort to order a lenght just for u. Generally a shipment comes bi monthly and they would have expected u to wait for it.
Regards

That sounds scary. I was thinking of auditioning/ buying B&W and they seem to be the one selling it - as per an ad in What Hi Fi mag. Can you recommend some better seller in delhi/ ncr?

Does anyone know where can I find Monitor Audio stuff in delhi?

regards

Hi All,

Contrary to what i said about A2V I would highly recommend that members stay away from this vendor at all costs.
My Case Hostory:

1. Unable to devliver a product for which I paid 100% advance.
2. Stalling for delivery for over 3 months ( citing shipment is stuck in customs) order was for a pair of Kimber speaker cables worth 8K
3. Refund after at least 5 reminders and 2 months of chasing up. ( refund was also not of full amount - the deducted credit card payment charges of 2% ) Is it my fault that the dealer was unable to deliver. Total disregard for the customer. It is the classic scenario where the customer is dirt once he has paid for the product. And to top it all instead of regretting the inability to deliver, a high handedness as if it was all my fault .

To ALL members.. just stay away from this most horrible dealer . I had earlier recommended this vendor to a fellow member. I now take back all my recommendations . Just because you deal in high and mighty products does not mean that the customer is dirt . A total snooty approach to customers... shame shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds scary. I was thinking of auditioning/ buying B&W and they seem to be the one selling it - as per an ad in What Hi Fi mag. Can you recommend some better seller in delhi/ ncr?

Does anyone know where can I find Monitor Audio stuff in delhi?

regards

Well if you go into the store you will get the feeling that he is doing you a giant favor by getting up and greeting you.. "ooof another customer..go away..." .. :eek:

I had visited A2V when it first opened in Delhi and I was given decent audition although the guys there were fumbling and trying their best since they were new.
However in a general chit chat I was told that the two of them operate all 7 days a week without any leaves. It is obvious that these guys are stressed and tired which probably is the reason for their don't care attitude. I met Mr. Munir then and could figure that customer service does not figure very high in his scheme of things. Obviously it's a business and they are out to make money but he needs to be told that good customer service and better pricing in this age of the internet only increases sales and profits. But apparently he is still doing well and hence can afford to run it like it's done now.
I think it is better to plan our purchases and fly down to Singapore or Dubai and buy stuff. Audiophiles combining purchases makes great sense during these trips.

but isn't most equipment heavy to get it along with you in the luggage? Do you need to pay extra for this weight? And then handling of the checked in luggage can damage expensive equipment?

regards

I had visited A2V when it first opened in Delhi and I was given decent audition although the guys there were fumbling and trying their best since they were new.
However in a general chit chat I was told that the two of them operate all 7 days a week without any leaves. It is obvious that these guys are stressed and tired which probably is the reason for their don't care attitude. I met Mr. Munir then and could figure that customer service does not figure very high in his scheme of things. Obviously it's a business and they are out to make money but he needs to be told that good customer service and better pricing in this age of the internet only increases sales and profits. But apparently he is still doing well and hence can afford to run it like it's done now.
I think it is better to plan our purchases and fly down to Singapore or Dubai and buy stuff. Audiophiles combining purchases makes great sense during these trips.

A big lesson one can draw from this sordid episode is that never give advance money to dealers/sellers/etc.

Better late than looted!

I hope Munir visits this forum & reads the above posts-having sunk in so much money,it would be terrible to get a reputation like this!

Dear Anm

Yes,we obviously can't get floorstanders from abroad in our luggage, but CDPs, Amps and even bookshelf speakers can be gotten easily while coming from a trip abroad if you are travelling light. I myself have got bookshelf speakers twice and have friends who have no idea about hifi equipment to get me once a CDP and another time a Denon AVR........
So it's not that difficult...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back