How to enable the subtitle for .mp4 file in panasonic led tv

sri_ttp

Hi,

I am not able to see the sub-title option for .mp4 file in Panasonic TV (TH-L42E5D). But at the same time able to see sub-title for .avi files. how to solve this problem?

Regards,
Srini

No still seeing the same issue. Is there any other way to solve this issue? I am seeing Samsung supports sub title for all the file formats.

Srini

Are you using srt subtitles and do they work with mkv files? If so you can convert the mp4 to mkv using mkvtoolnix. Conversion usually takes 1-2 minutes only depending on file size.

Are you using srt subtitles and do they work with mkv files? If so you can convert the mp4 to mkv using mkvtoolnix. Conversion usually takes 1-2 minutes only depending on file size.

Even i have tried renaming the file but it didn't work for my Pana XT50D. This mkvtoolnix you mentioned, does it affect the PQ of the file after conversion? How much time it takes to convert a file size of 2.5GB?

mkv is not a decode but a container. using mkvtoolnix and converting your file to MKV you can attach a srt file to avi,mp4 and also can have multiple audio stream.

You will have only one file with both video and subtitle embedded. I have panasonic 50UT50 and mkv's are working just fine.

You can convert the mp4 to mkv and place the subtitle in the same folder. You can also drag and drop the srt file to mkvtoolnix as a new track and the subtitle will be embedded in the movie file itself.

Oh great tool. It embeds the Subtitle on the movie itself. Kinda hard code. So as long as it plays MKV, the subtitle shall appear.

mkvtoolnix doesn't embed subtitles in video..it can only be done while encoding the video along with subtitle. When you play that mkv file you will get option to display that subtitle..if you turn that on then only you will see the subtitle.

Thanks for the reply and information.

I have tried the same. Converted .MP4 to .mkv and copied the .srt file (it is same name as .mkv file) in the same folder. TV able to play the video and am seeing the subtitle option but it says "no subtitle".

Is there any solution for this?

Regards,
Srini

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back