How to ship LP ?

Shivam

I have a lot of LPs in NM condition and some are sealed. I tried selling a few of them earlier but I was unable to ship them and so the deal had to be cancelled.

I stay in UP. Which courier company have any of you used to ship LPs earlier ?

I had tried DTDC where they didn't accept the parcel saying that the vinyls were an electronic media item. Blue Dart/DHL didn't know what these black discs were and under what category they were to be shipped.

Any other suggestions?

Hi Shivam

You can send by Speed Post or through DTDC. Should not be a problem. What vinyls do you have in nm/sealed condition? Are they hindi film lps. If yes i would be interested

DTDC was of no use. I'll check out speedpost.

Once I know how to ship the LP's from Kanpur, I'll list them on 'For sale by owner' section.

I have a lot of LPs in NM condition and some are sealed. I tried selling a few of them earlier but I was unable to ship them and so the deal had to be cancelled.

I stay in UP. Which courier company have any of you used to ship LPs earlier ?

I had tried DTDC where they didn't accept the parcel saying that the vinyls were an electronic media item. Blue Dart/DHL didn't know what these black discs were and under what category they were to be shipped.

Any other suggestions?

I got hundreds of vinyl records delivered through DTDC. If desk agent say its electronics media item then just ask him, Does it need power supply? Or has any wire, electronics part or battery inside. Its just plastic. I am telling because I know that dumb brain guy is acting over smart without any knowledge.
Just search it
It comes under categoty - Book, CD, DVD (recordable media). They accept if
  1. Not more than 10 records/pack, (less than or equal to 10 will do) (Total weight within 3 kg with packing material)
  2. You pack well using 1 layer of bubble wrap and 6mm therm-o-col on top and bottom of flat faces,secured within cardboard box.
  3. Has printed Invoice with it. [sent PM to you]

Just do a favor by remembering me while selling. ;) :p

Last edited:
Back