htib with hdmi in..for use with laptop

the soundcard option seems to be gud as i dnt have to worry abt the formats..wdtv cant be sure..
if the onkyo had floor standing speakers(2)thn maybe i might have gone with it bt i dnt have to buy right nw..i will be goin to phuket in a month n maybe it would be cheaper over thr...bt if nt would probably buy the phillips+wdtv
just tht the laptop way wz kinda a lil future proof...

hw would a sound card +5.1 speakers compare to a htib like the 3200?

Earlier Philips Htib had only coax in & not optical.WDTV has only optical out.
Pls.check that.

oh i c...
i definitely want tht the htib avr should have optical for audio n hdmi for video if nt a complete hdmi solution with audio decoding..

u dint comment on whether a sound card +descent 5.1 speakers would be a gud solution..hw would be the sound quality?

oh i c...
i definitely want tht the htib avr should have optical for audio n hdmi for video if nt a complete hdmi solution with audio decoding..

u dint comment on whether a sound card +descent 5.1 speakers would be a gud solution..hw would be the sound quality?

Well for smaller room(6 X 8) this will be good opton,but for larger room you need either Htib OR powered 5.1 spk with good wattage(around 15 to 20k for spk)

i require 4 the living room..its nt tht small...

newayz thr has been a new development..maybe a new ray of hope..lol..

i just checked the othr laptop i had...4 sm reason dint bother to check it since i dont use it..

bt i think it has spidf out...bt nt so sure it says
spidf out(via hp dock)..its enabled but y does it say via hp dock??

have a look..

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9440/spdif.jpg

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back