HTPC Bluray vs Standalone Bluray Player

ehh not much technical i am in these, but i tested same Bluray movie on my system GTX 1060 nvidia and powerdvd 16 and on my friends bluray player (sony and lg price range 9-12K). And belive me the picture quality difference was quite noticeable. Bluray player PQ was not sharp and blurry as compared to PC.

GTX-1060 blurry? That is impossible. There is something wrong in your setup.

Like Sam, I have a 4 year old HTPC. I have recently added a Nvidia 710 based card. The video is unbelievably sharp and pleasing. I watched just a few movies, but it beats most mid-range Blu-ray players hollow. It was like a new lease of life to my HT setup.

Cheers

I dont agree to this point,what bluray player outputs will be same as GTX 1060,Since everthing is digital (HD 1080P),it may be the display difference coz

you will be using t.v for a bluray player and monitor for a pc,may be the settings of this display that is giving the difference.

But there will be certainly huge difference when it comes to audio part,that is

getting true hd audio (5.1/7.1 ch)..In a bluray player it can be done easily by connecting hdmi output (v 1.3) to avr for the later to do all the audio decoding.

Whereas in a pc you will need a high end pc or a graphic card which can transmit both a/v through hdmi either bitstream or a software player like arcsoft/power dvd to do the decoding.

thanks

rajesh.

I don't use a monitor for my pc. May be I am not sure but processing power of gpu is a lot better then a player to give the best video output? Or is the powered software on pc that's doing something to give better quality image then stand alone player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back