HTS for DVD BR rips

Following choices are possible.

1. Attach HTS to HTPC.
2. Use WDTV with USB HDD/ Pen Drive.
3. Convert mkv to DVD and watch on DVD player, although the resolution might take a hit. (recommended for CRT TV's.)

Other experts can chip in with more options.

ok. Let me put the question in a detailed fashion.

what i have
1. samsung LCD ( 22 inch )
2. A PC ( intel motherboard with HDMI interface)
3. PS3.
4. A couple of blu ray rips ( downloaded 720p).

The question is
1. i want a HTS ( 5.1 ) such that i will be able to play the blu ray rips and enjoy the audio via home theatre .

So what do i buy ( a low end HTIB like HTSS360 )
how do i connect ? ( can u put Arrow marks ).
Example
From TV <-> TO HOME theatre
HDMI
I have half knowledge about these things. Hence posting the question in detail. Kindly help

I went for HTS 6200 with LG 47" LCD and I am very satisfied with 1280x533 AC3 6 channels rips. My review can be read HERE
More detail on rips on my HT HERE

ok. Let me put the question in a detailed fashion.

what i have
1. samsung LCD ( 22 inch )
2. A PC ( intel motherboard with HDMI interface)
3. PS3.
4. A couple of blu ray rips ( downloaded 720p).

The question is
1. i want a HTS ( 5.1 ) such that i will be able to play the blu ray rips and enjoy the audio via home theatre .

So what do i buy ( a low end HTIB like HTSS360 )
how do i connect ? ( can u put Arrow marks ).
Example
From TV <-> TO HOME theatre
HDMI
I have half knowledge about these things. Hence posting the question in detail. Kindly help

A low end HTiB is a good solution. Connection is simple,
WD Player->HDMI->HTiB reciever->HDMI->LCD

Thanks for the info. The HTS 6200 is very costly for me.
Considering that i have a 22 inch TV, i am planning

WD Player -> HDMI -> Sony HTS HTSS360 ( HTiB reciever ) -> HDMI -> LCD

I have 1 simple clarifications. You have a 7.1 HTIB. When u play blu ray rip movies does it have the similar ( not same as original blu ray ) audio quality.
Is is this of enjoyable clarity ? i am asking this because when i buy Sony HTS HTSS360, i don't if i can enjoy the audio quality. I have a 10 * 10 room. I think this HTS is good enough for a room

Thanks for the info. The HTS 6200 is very costly for me.
Considering that i have a 22 inch TV, i am planning

WD Player -> HDMI -> Sony HTS HTSS360 ( HTiB reciever ) -> HDMI -> LCD

I have 1 simple clarifications. You have a 7.1 HTIB. When u play blu ray rip movies does it have the similar ( not same as original blu ray ) audio quality.
Is is this of enjoyable clarity ? i am asking this because when i buy Sony HTS HTSS360, i don't if i can enjoy the audio quality. I have a 10 * 10 room. I think this HTS is good enough for a room

you can go for HTS S360. Should be enough for you room size. About your question, I actually am not getting what you are asking, 7.1 HTiB gives same original audio quality from BR as any other HTiB would.

ok i will put the question like this
is 7.1 HTiB sound quality 720p rip == 7.1 HTiB sound quality Blu ray

Ok got it, technically it would not be, but these HTiBss are not of that high quality that one can make out any difference. Like my HTiB I dont find much of a difference between a Original BR True HD audio and AC3 6 Channel @ 350+ Kbps riped encoded audio
Its when you go for high end system much in the lines of Dali, Mission, USHERs etc you would clearly make out the difference. Infact in high end systems you can make out the difference between Original BR DTS and DTS MA tracks, forget about rips. Anyway getting back to your question, no you would not make out much of a difference.

Folks - which is a good USB player for BDRips? I know WD has one - but any other economical ones?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back