Hypex Universal Class D(UcD) build coming up soon

Prasen

I also have an AKSA 55N( with Nirvana uograde) and find that this is very good. I have the standard Hypex unit.

So do you find AKSA just different or not as good as Hypex. I had read somewhere that the issue with Class D amplification which is also there with some extent with the hypex is higher output impedance even though the impedance is relatively quite uniform across the frequency range. So hypex is supposed to be good at the bottom extreme but not at the top extreme. You have the good fortune and by extension us too of having both to compare so please do elaborate.

Since we are on this topic have you heard of R.E designs. There LNPA 150 Mono amplifier (R.E. Designs LNPA 150 Monoblock Amplifier) are always well reviewed and the designer has this core design philosophy of targeting uniform charateristic across frequency range and power.

Prasen

Regretfully I have actually kept the AKSA shelved for a long time after going the tube amp route. Having almost double the power does have some benefits for the Hypex. I'm going to start doing some comparisons, once I have a couple of new racks in place-my problem is that I dont have enough space to keep all my gear in one location and wire up speakers, so right now the AKSA is not connected to any speakers. I am also focussed now on getting my HT room ready and connect up my projector.
Hopefully I will be able to report a bit more within a couple of months.

Prasen

Regretfully I have actually kept the AKSA shelved for a long time after going the tube amp route. Having almost double the power does have some benefits for the Hypex. I'm going to start doing some comparisons, once I have a couple of new racks in place-my problem is that I dont have enough space to keep all my gear in one location and wire up speakers, so right now the AKSA is not connected to any speakers. I am also focussed now on getting my HT room ready and connect up my projector.
Hopefully I will be able to report a bit more within a couple of months.

Ok will wait for your impressions.

We are still waiting for your impressions george. Hypex also has launched a more advanced version Ncore. Future upgrades are now in place.

Hi Prasen

I apologize, havent had the time that I hoped to have to listn to the amp in great detial. Partly because I have been working on my HT room, and partly because I also got a new EL 34 based power amp from Anthem. I will post my impressions without too much delay. In essence the amp is a very satisfying one.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back