Hypex Universal Class D(UcD) build coming up soon

I am now enjoying the sound a bit better, though I need to try it with other speaker systems over the course of next week.

I listened to a variety of music-Boney M, Pamela Willaims(Saxtress), Patricia Barber, Bruce Springsteen, and bass is excellent. I now understand the effect of a 100wpc amp connected to 95dB speakers. The extra headroom gives significantly better punch and detail. For the HT application, I am confident that when connected to my Emotiva preamp processor, it will perform satisfactorily.

Ok. Its an excellent package, just take a look at a link that I posted earlier of a UcD 400 dual mono build with photographs. The builder used a Hypex soft start, I also used one, since my tranny was a 500VA capacity unit.

Sorry- Madurai1974, I think you will need a tranny AND and SMPS.

George

AFAIK, trafo is not required if you use SMPS but I've gathered that the traditional problem of switched mode power supply is that they are not suitable for dynamic loads and also generate a lot of EMI.

georgeo you are right i wrote to support at hypex .com and they say no transformer reqd.
capt rajesh i also have the same doubts but the hypex forums say lotta good things about this smps let me check it out... btw its lighter than the transformers...

Once upon a time, they thought supersonic speed by us was not possible. I had chanced upon a scientific paper saying why it cannot be done but many fighter jets now fly at over mach 3 nonchalantly. It may also be possible in this case.:) All the best for your build.

George this is awesome Would love to come over for some listening in :) when ever you have time on the weekends

Im finding that the sound is only getting better. I connected it ot my Scanspeak 2 ways 87dB and find that the extra power makes these speakers sing. Good detail, and punch.Lows and highs are excellent.

Im finding that the sound is only getting better. I connected it ot my Scanspeak 2 ways 87dB and find that the extra power makes these speakers sing. Good detail, and punch.Lows and highs are excellent.

How do this compare to the AKSA? I had the hypex or the new NAKSA in my wish list for a diy amp build. Also are you using the HG version along with their HxR power supply.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back