I am HOOKED on to this Setup...Currently

What are you current hooked on?

• Total voters

arhantd

Hi everyone:

This is a small thread i want to start where people can just write about there current setup or whatever they are currently using for HT or Stereo or both...just anything that you are currently using to play some music. :licklips:

Also include your impressions, what are you happy about and what do you want to improve in your current setup.

If you don't mind also mention the price you paid for what you currently own.

Some members do mention it in their signature but this could be a little more descriptive to help others.

Please fellow members, please reply to this thread, it will give all the people with no experience (Like me) some idea of the varied combinations in use and also a general idea of whats the most common and easy setups. :D

Thanks a lot.

I am having Yamaha setup right now.. paid 54K for the whole setup.. for movies it's very good.. i would give 10/10 but for music it's ok.. not very good.. couple of my frnds have got MS Aviano 2 bookshelfs n trust me, i loved them when i first heard them.. so now m trying to replace my front speakers with MS.. lets see when it happens.. :) M using my PC as source for music.. keep downloading FLACS.. for movies m using Sony Bluray player.. very nice player..

I am using a Bryston 4Bsst and BP25 pre. The speakers are Quad22L ( B&W 805N is on the way) and the CDP is Rega Apollo. I also have some Vintage collection like the Nad 3020 ( 2Nos).

In my Drawing room I am using the Dali ikon 6 with Marantz PM 15S1 and Marantz SA 15S1.

regards

Speakers: Odyssey Syren Extreme (Retail is $1800 but this model is upgraded)
Amp: Audio Analogue Primo Cento hybrid (Retail is $1500)
HT: Cambridge Audio Gigaworks (No idea about pricing)
AVR: Denon 1906 (Forgotten)

Looking for a DAC upgrade from the SB Duet.

Last edited:
Stereo Speakers : Mission m34i (Will upgrade soon)
Stereo Amp : Audiolab 8200a
HT : Yammy 667 + Paradigm Cinema 110ct

Looking for a big size elcheapo 3d led tv ;)

headphone amp - EHHA built by gurubhai
headphones - yamaha hp50s, modded by gurubhai
dac - hrt music streamer II async usb
source - foobar (not many changes done, still learning it)

Sorry couldn't resist posting this slight OT. It is sounding so wonderful. I brought all this to office and it is now setup on my desk. I was listening to another headphone amp for last few weeks and thought, what's the difference? But when I put EHHA back, it was an entire different beast. Enjoying the same collection all over again.

Don't get much time at home to listen to music. Having a great headphone system is what I am able to utilize.

Thanks everyone for posting and taking part in the poll.
Anybody interested in any of these speakers or other items can contact the user directly to find about about them.
Hopefully we will get to hear about some more interesting setups.

I own a stereo system

Source : Marantz CD 6002/ Also an acer emachine e 725 laptop, wana get a USB dac for the same, currently using the headphone out

Amp : Denon PMA 510 AE

Speakers : Mordaunt Short Aviano 2

I spend almost 62k for the whole setup including the cables and interconnects, did buy a pair of speaker stands from TONO apparently one of them fell down and the glass base crumbled, So now the speakers are on a table. So even wana get a pair of decent speaker stands.
I am happy about the whole setup as I listen to a lot of rock and heavy metal and the set up is doing complete justice to the genre. Even unplugged stuff sounds superb..

Last edited:
I own

Onkyo 608
Polk TSi 400 and Tsi100 (front and rear)
Pollk Cs20 center
Polk DSW pro 500 (sub)

Don't remember, total was around ~125K

And a PANA V20 for 64K

My HT setup is:
AVR - Denon 1611
Speakers - Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 speaker package.
(AVR +Speakers Rs.48000)
Bookshelfs - Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (Rs.12000)
HD Media Player - WD TV Live with Seagate 2 TB HDD (Rs.6500 + 5500)

Speakers: Fostex custom made Laboratory Series clone (I'm the 4th owner - no idea who made it or to what specs. But, they sound awesome!)
Amp: Accuphase PRO-2
Source: PC with Cubase/foobar through a M-Audio 2496 PCI card

Only upgrade that is on the radar is a DAC - the Shigaraki 4732 USB DAC is on its way :cool:

I dont think I'm ever going to upgrade from this setup :licklips:

Only upgrade that is on the radar is a DAC - the Shigaraki 4732 USB DAC is on its way :cool:

I dont think I'm ever going to upgrade from this setup :licklips:

Wow, I would be very interested to know more about this DAC once you get it. It's gorgeous!

Wow, I would be very interested to know more about this DAC once you get it. It's gorgeous!

Will start a thread with impressions once I get it :)

I bought it unheard, based on the reputation of Junji Kimura - and the fact that it was a store demo on sale at 1/2 the price :p

Polk RTi A9
Jamo S406 Surrounds
CSi A4 - Booked
Denon 3312 Booked
Denon 4310 (Temporarily using this AVR to tame the monsters)
Sony BDP S370
Philips DVP3556

Last edited:
I have following Audio system (Location : Drawing room):
Speaker - Usher BE718 with Usher original stand
Amp - Leben CS300xs
Source - Ayon Cd1s CDP
Interconnect - Audio Art
Speaker wire - TTK
Power cord with Furutech sockets
Krykard 3 kva Servo stabiliser

My movie set-up (Location : Bed room) consists of:
Oppo BD-83 BDP (modded region free)
Marantz SR6004 AVR
Epos M12i front speakers
Epos M8i centre speaker
QAccoustics 2010 surrounds
Liberty HomeTrax 14-2C-HTspeaker cable
Audioquest Forest HDMI Cable
Panasonic 42 V20 Plasma
PC with Asus Xonar Soundcard and Mediaplayer clasic (for playing downloaded movies)

Last edited:
My HT Set up :

Yamaha Rx v3900 AV Receiver
Wharfedale 10.7 Front
Wharfedale 10 CM Centre
Wharfedale 10.1 Rear
Panasonic BD60
Apple Ipod 80 GB
Panasonic AX 200 Projector
Tata Sky HD+

My signature says it all .......
Living room: Topping
Bed Room (HT Room): Pioneer
Master Bed Room: Norge (source is Zone 2 of Pioneer AVR)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back