I have Onkyo 5.1 having 11 years old. Now I want to upgrade. need help. Budget 50K

selvakumar

Dear Friends,

I have Onkyo 5.1 having 11 years old. Now its having issue. Wanted to upgrade. Please suggest. Budget 50K... little more also ok for me. I purchased my first HT Onkyo in the year 2009 after getting the suggesion from this forum. I have more respect in this forum.

Selva

Dear Friends,

I have Onkyo 5.1 having 11 years old. Now its having issue. Wanted to upgrade. Please suggest. Budget 50K... little more also ok for me. I purchased my first HT Onkyo in the year 2009 after getting the suggesion from this forum. I have more respect in this forum.

Selva
Denon x2600 ,pioneer lx 303, marantz 5013 yamaha rxv685 all these would be around ur budget

I assume you have passive sub with the Onkyo setup. You need to upgrade SUB too if you are going to upgrade AVR. New AVRs don't support passive subs. I upgraded my Onkyo AVR(that came with HT system) along with it the SUB to active one.

get marantz 5013 because only this have pre outs for all channels. Moreover, it have everything else that other avr in this budget can offer.

Thank you very much friends. I have one doubt.. whether 4K up scaling is must? I have 4K sony tv. another configuration... every one is suggesting for Dolby Atom and DTS X.

Atmos and dts x are latest sound technologies for 3d audio. Do get a avr which support these atleast. Other thing you should look for are preouts, they help in adding external amplification whenever required.

Hi, HTIBs are usually a compromise though they save some hassle and money. If you have the intent and time then its always better to tailor the HT setup by step.

If i may suggest, your old HTIB speakers will never do justice to any of the above AVRs listed. Better upgrade the front speakers for now and slowly build the system as per your taste.

In my view the quality of the system is more important rather than running them with mediocre speaker set. A good IA / AVR & floor standers set can draw you better into a scene rather then an inferior speaker set running all around the room. 4K, Atmos etc are right now not very relevant since not much content is available. However you seem to use your setup for quite long then its always better to stretch for the latest & powerful.

All said and done, its time for speaker upgrade after the AVR. thats for sure..... ;)

shall i go for HTIB

Wouldn't advise. I was in the same boat last year. During auditions, even the worst audio setup sounded better than expensive HTiBs I listened to.

Are you looking for 7.2 channel AVRs? If 5.2 will works, youl have lot of lood options in 40k range. I have v585 which is a 7.2 channel AVR and that can be had for 46-47k I guess. You are a keeper of items, go slow and upgrade your HT - I am sure the ites you buy will last another decade with you.

If you want to have a review of my 585, its here:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back