ICE suggestion for RITZ

vj_box

Hello there Guys!
I am about to go for my first car which i have decided as Ritz (Well after some tough choices,comparisons,compromises etc) I now would like to load some cool in car entertainment in it. I have a generous enough budget to spend but i dont have a choice but to go for the accessories from Maruti(thats a catch!)
I would need a convincing setup with front,rear speakers,subwoofer etc.
I am also installing the JVC AV unit(LCD touch screen).I heard this unit is 5.1 capable and gives pre-outs for subs and amp.
I can get to choose, Kenwood,sony,JBL,pioneer from the accessories dealer. I dont have an idea on what brand,component,amplifier etc. Please help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I am no expert here. I just give you what I installed in my Ritz and its performance is
excellent

Amplifier : Focal
Rears : JBL 948
Fronts : JBL 608c ( You may try Inifinty Components ).
Sub : Polk.
Head Unit : Pioneer 6050 ( D.DIn) --> Your JVC is much better choice.

If you are driving, prefer solid performing Components for the Fronts.

Regards
Satya.

dear VJ
the above rig is no doubt good and will go well with your JVC HU too

But i warn that you will end up paying almost exactly double for the same components from your maruti dealer than if you purchase in grey from the market itself

for your HU the JVC touchscreen is decent if the large AV touchscreen is really what you want
as for speakers in the brannds you have mentioned stay with JBL
For amplification you can take Kenwood or JBL

For the fronts select 608c from JBL
the rear speakers if you are not going for a sub take the 948 ovals on the rear parcel tray as suggested above
if you are taking a sub then take any 6inch round speakers that go into the rear doors ( provided the ritz has allocation for this - im not sure)

for the SUB- out of the options you have given take JBL only

You may select a 4 channel amp from JBL
GTO1004 and comfortably drive the front components (2channles)and the sub (bridge the other two channels) using this one amp

In a car like ritz i would not suggest using monoblocks for the long run.You may or may not have battery draining issues.

there are many other option but then you are constrained with the brands you have specified correct?

Hi,
I am no expert here. I just give you what I installed in my Ritz and its performance is
excellent

Amplifier : Focal
Rears : JBL 948
Fronts : JBL 608c ( You may try Inifinty Components ).
Sub : Polk.
Head Unit : Pioneer 6050 ( D.DIn) --> Your JVC is much better choice.

If you are driving, prefer solid performing Components for the Fronts.

Regards
Satya.

Awesome! Thanks satya! Would it be possible for you to post some pics of your setup as to how you have installed these?(if you dont mind)
Do you have the rears in the door, Sub in the trunk? Or is it possible to put it under the seat? I am also keen on not losing that little trunk space also :(

Awesome! Thanks satya! Would it be possible for you to post some pics of your setup as to how you have installed these?(if you dont mind)
Do you have the rears in the door, Sub in the trunk? Or is it possible to put it under the seat? I am also keen on not losing that little trunk space also :(

VJ_BOX,

do you really want 5.1 setup in the car ...

I'd say go for good components in the front and a sub in the trunk (if you call that lil space in ritz as trunk) ... Let them sidemount the sub so you dont loose much space also ask the installer to use nutrik plugs so when ever you want you can remove and place the sub back in and wires wont comeoff on speedbumps..... And amp under the passenger seat in the front.... Make sure they do the dampning well ....

GoodLuck...

dear VJ
the above rig is no doubt good and will go well with your JVC HU too

But i warn that you will end up paying almost exactly double for the same components from your maruti dealer than if you purchase in grey from the market itself

for your HU the JVC touchscreen is decent if the large AV touchscreen is really what you want
as for speakers in the brannds you have mentioned stay with JBL
For amplification you can take Kenwood or JBL

For the fronts select 608c from JBL
the rear speakers if you are not going for a sub take the 948 ovals on the rear parcel tray as suggested above
if you are taking a sub then take any 6inch round speakers that go into the rear doors ( provided the ritz has allocation for this - im not sure)

for the SUB- out of the options you have given take JBL only

You may select a 4 channel amp from JBL
GTO1004 and comfortably drive the front components (2channles)and the sub (bridge the other two channels) using this one amp

In a car like ritz i would not suggest using monoblocks for the long run.You may or may not have battery draining issues.

there are many other option but then you are constrained with the brands you have specified correct?

Thanks for a brief suggestion Magma,really really helpful. As i said,the catch is i have to get everything from the Maruti accessories :( and yes i am constrained with these brands only as they only deal them.
BTW,Is a center channel speaker a good idea too? I have seen one in my friend's optra.
Should i install the rear speakers in the tray and or on the door. I will be driving it,so obviously i need a very balanced audio in the car.
What difference will i get with installing the speakers in the rear door and tray?

Thanks a lot!

VJ_BOX,

do you really want 5.1 setup in the car ...

I'd say go for good components in the front and a sub in the trunk (if you call that lil space in ritz as trunk) ... Let them sidemount the sub so you dont loose much space also ask the installer to use nutrik plugs so when ever you want you can remove and place the sub back in and wires wont comeoff on speedbumps..... And amp under the passenger seat in the front.... Make sure they do the dampning well ....

GoodLuck...

Thanks for the idea Kittu! Frankly i dont really want a 5.1 setup in the car,but since the HU i am getting is 5.1 capable,i thought i could load a complete setup. But yes,i am OK settling with a nice stereo setup if it is convincing enough.
Yes the trunk(or the so called) in Ritz is small unless you do the seat folds. I dont want to loose the space there. So you meant to say that i can completely remove the sub and put it back when ever i want,is it?

Thanks for the idea Kittu! Frankly i dont really want a 5.1 setup in the car,but since the HU i am getting is 5.1 capable,i thought i could load a complete setup. But yes,i am OK settling with a nice stereo setup if it is convincing enough.
Yes the trunk(or the so called) in Ritz is small unless you do the seat folds. I dont want to loose the space there. So you meant to say that i can completely remove the sub and put it back when ever i want,is it?

Yep...... thats what I do...

believe me front components and Sub will do just fine ... Later if you feel like you can add rear coaxials ........... And try get the cover/mesh installed for the sub woofer so that id doesnt get damaged ........

Yep...... thats what I do...

believe me front components and Sub will do just fine ... Later if you feel like you can add rear coaxials ........... And try get the cover/mesh installed for the sub woofer so that id doesnt get damaged ........

Thanks Kittu! I will see to this.

VJ,
Kittu's suggestion is perfect. That's how I should have started the installation, but started in reverse order ( Rears first and Components later ).

Will try take the Pic's this weekend.

Focal Amp is placed below the Front Seat.
Components JBL 608c -> these are excellent speakers are mounted in front doors.
Polk SUB is in the back 'trunk' and JBL ovals are behind the back seat mounted on a plank.
The whole system rocks if you like the sound to be magnum.
I suggest first install good Components (JBL, Infinity or even polk) and Sub along with descent Amplifier based on you budget (both JBL and Focal are excellent) . If you still feel need more sound go for rears.
Again like our AV setup cabling matters a lot and try get it done by professionals.
I used Monster cables for whole setup.

Thanks
Satya.

VJ,
Kittu's suggestion is perfect. That's how I should have started the installation, but started in reverse order ( Rears first and Components later ).

Will try take the Pic's this weekend.

Focal Amp is placed below the Front Seat.
Components JBL 608c -> these are excellent speakers are mounted in front doors.
Polk SUB is in the back 'trunk' and JBL ovals are behind the back seat mounted on a plank.
The whole system rocks if you like the sound to be magnum.
I suggest first install good Components (JBL, Infinity or even polk) and Sub along with descent Amplifier based on you budget (both JBL and Focal are excellent) . If you still feel need more sound go for rears.
Again like our AV setup cabling matters a lot and try get it done by professionals.
I used Monster cables for whole setup.

Thanks
Satya.

Awesome! Thanks again Satya. Will go this way then. I have a decent enough budget so i will ensure i will spend it on the cables too!
You also have the tweeters installed on either ends of the dash right?

Awesome! Thanks again Satya. Will go this way then. I have a decent enough budget so i will ensure i will spend it on the cables too!

Components come with midrange and tweeter ......... Dont let them install on dash let them damp the doors and install there... Installers know about components... Dont do anything to the dash... leave it neat ........

Tweeters are in the side windows. Installers prefered that. On dashboard it spoils the look and they will be exposed to sun through glass which is not good. Neverthless most of the people in forums like carwale prefer in dashboard.

Thanks for all the inputs guys,booked a RITZ ZXI yesterday and the waiting period is 30 days :(. The dealer has assured to replace the stock ICE to a setup that i want. I didn't want to miss the features that the ZXI variant comes with.
Thanks again!

Congrats VJ. Ritz picked up its sales this year than the year it was introduced...probably people started loving its rear shape.I know it got waiting period but one month is too long. Anyways once you done your setup do post the details..

Congrats VJ. Ritz picked up its sales this year than the year it was introduced...probably people started loving its rear shape.I know it got waiting period but one month is too long. Anyways once you done your setup do post the details..

Surething Idle! Thanks for all your inputs.True,RITZ is picking up the stream and the design actually grows on you and it is indeed a very practical and clever design.Yes 1 month is a lot of waiting period and that too when you are getting your first car :sad: I am any ways catching hold of the dealer and pushing him to deliver the car ASAP :D
Sure i will post the pics once she arrives!

Hey guys!
Update, I have my car ready for delivery tomorrow(yes its been quite a while,dealer delays :( ) Now i have a mild confusion. I am a little tight on my pocket now and cannot really invest on an AMP. All i am getting is the JVC touch screen,JBL front comps and a sub. Can i directly drive the comps and the sub using the JVC HU? If so what will be the effect on the over all SQ?
BTW,the JVC HU i am getting is KW-AVX826U.

Thanks in advance.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back