icici debit card not able to register with paypal

svenkateshsmart

Hi,

As long as it carries a mastercard or Visa card, you should not have any problem. However, you need to reconfirm if your card is a international debit cum ATM card or just a ATM card, which I am sure you would have already done.

You would be better off by contacting your bank or paypal on this issue.

Cheers!

i had same problem with my hdfc debit card, when i contacted the bank they said you need to register for the third party payment . i am still waiting for the message from the bank .

i had same problem with my hdfc debit card, when i contacted the bank they said you need to register for the third party payment . i am still waiting for the message from the bank .

Hi,

Yes, Sourav is right, because by linking your debit card with Paypal, you are give access to your bank account to the paypal, which in my view is not recommended. Because disputes and reversal are a big issue when it comes to bank accounts, whereas it is easy with credit card.

The procedure is as same as activating ECS, for e.g., for paying mobile bills, loans, etc., in your bank account. You need to fill the mandate form readily available or walk in to your nearest branch (very much familiar :eek:hyeah:to this dialogue) and present a letter in that regard to the relationship manager.

In fact, you have several layers of protection in credit card apart from the protection offerred by paypal, but this is as long as the user is aware of the rights available to him.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back