Ideal 2.1 Setup for 60~70K (INR)

My vote will be for CA + Aviano...great combo.

I believe this :licklips: price is from Cressida ???

did you get to audition the the Aviano or the new 650 series amp or CDP

Yes. I did audition with 650 , 640 and 540 with Aviano 2. I liked only 540. It sounded much better than 6 seris.
And there is 550 which retails more than 640. around 28K

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone for your valuable comments, but I ended up buying none of the above...

Ive bought these, will be delivered dayafter

Marantz SR5002
Dia 9.2 + SWF 150

I paid 66K for the above incl. Cables ( Sub Cable - 3mts, Optical - 1mt, Speaker 3mts * 4 - biamping, 4 pairs of Banana Plugs.

After my final demo, I decided to stick with the AVR option, I'm a little bass oriented and the bass was deeper in the AVR than the 650A and the AVR solves many purposes too...

Will post pictures...:)

Thx & Rgds....

Yes. I did audition with 650 , 640 and 540 with Aviano 2. I liked only 540. It sounded much better than 6 seris.
And there is 550 which retails more than 640. around 28K

Strange tht you liked the 540 better than the 640 & 650 :)

I hve not heard the Aviano though but has tried 540 & 640 with Mezzo 2 liked the 640, liked the 740 even better but then it was almost twice the price :D

Thanks Everyone for your valuable comments, but I ended up buying none of the above...

Ive bought these, will be delivered dayafter

Marantz SR5002
Dia 9.2 + SWF 150

I paid 66K for the above incl. Cables ( Sub Cable - 3mts, Optical - 1mt, Speaker 3mts * 4 - biamping, 4 pairs of Banana Plugs.

After my final demo, I decided to stick with the AVR option, I'm a little bass oriented and the bass was deeper in the AVR than the 650A and the AVR solves many purposes too...

Will post pictures...:)

Thx & Rgds....

Cud u give us the break - up

how much you paid for the CDP, speakers & sub

Installed my System... Sounds great, thanks to all for your opinions, its been 6 months of hunting....

Marantz SR 5002 - 30,000
Dia 9.2 - 14,200
SWF 150 - 19,000
Pioneer DV-610AV - 7,200

Cables

Sub 3mtrs (DAC) - 850
Speaker 3mtrs * 4 (DAC 14AWG) - 1,000
Banana Plugs 8 pairs - 2,000
Optical 1.5mtrs (DAC) - 850

Total - Rs.74,900

Apart from the above, invested in a 2kVA Servo stabiliser for Rs. 5,200

In the Picture
The speakers below the 9.2 are from my earlier Panasonic 5.2 acting as stands for them, till I get speaker stands. Please do suggest speaker stands ...

:)

Last edited:
Its been a while since I posted in this forum.... I've been upgrading/adding new components to my system in the past 2 years...

Additions :
1. TV - Panasonic 42V20D
2. CC - Wharfedale 9.CS
3. Blu-Ray - Samsung BD-C5500

The only thing left from completion is the Surrounds, which would be in the near future..

Thx to all who helped me out.... I'm really happy with my system, it does justice to every penny spent...

Last edited:
Neat set up.

Try hiding the speaker wires by fixing them along the floor skirting. It would look neater.

You have mentioned somewhere that the hall is @ 400 sq. ft ! Is the 9.2 sufficing? Me thinks that floor standers would have done more justice. ..... obviously at a higher rupee outflow .....

Its been a while since I posted in this forum.... I've been upgrading/adding new components to my system in the past 2 years...

Additions :
1. TV - Panasonic 42V20D
2. CC - Wharfedale 9.CS
3. Blu-Ray - Samsung BD-C5500

The only thing left from completion is the Surrounds, which would be in the near future..

Thx to all who helped me out.... I'm really happy with my system, it does justice to every penny spent...

nice and compact set up, do compile a detailed review both in stereo and movies mode, BTW you haven't mentioned about the speaker stands, what is your music source and taste? since am also planning for wharfedale book shelves am eager for a hands-on experience

Neat set up.

Try hiding the speaker wires by fixing them along the floor skirting. It would look neater.

You have mentioned somewhere that the hall is @ 400 sq. ft ! Is the 9.2 sufficing? Me thinks that floor standers would have done more justice. ..... obviously at a higher rupee outflow .....

Ive done concealing the wires, had provisions made earlier, but never had time to slot it in.. The fact is the 9.2 is not doing justice to my hall size, planning for a power block and floor standers..

nice and compact set up, do compile a detailed review both in stereo and movies mode, BTW you haven't mentioned about the speaker stands, what is your music source and taste? since am also planning for wharfedale book shelves am eager for a hands-on experience

abt the reviews, will do later... the speaker stands where made of stainless steel which is fillable, made with help of local installers, really cant find any difference though, its made the setup neat, it costed me 8K..

POWER / INTEGRATED Amplifiers...

The upgrade hunt begins again.... This time making my fronts discrete... Which route to take....

POWER / INTEGRATED Amplifiers...

My HT setup(5.1) was all completed last year, but I still feel that the power from the fronts are really missing, so I've decided to juice it up in a couple of months stage by stage (Amps -> speakers). Stage 1: Amplifier, Stage 2 (by 2013): Floor Stander (would use the existing bookshelf for 7.1)

Constraints for Stage I: Amplifier

1. Budget - < 50K
2. Power / Integrated Amplifer - ???? (my doubts are all here)
3. should have enough juice to drive a mid end floor stander (100 + Watts)
4. if an int. amp. is suggested, it should have power amp direct-in option..

Options I have so far:-

only 1. Marantz PM7004 (int) or Marantz MM7025 (power)

I need suggestions from all the FM's, need your guidance in this...

Thanks & Regards,
Kannan

If you are looking for a multi-channel power amp, that should be expansive unless you can get you hands on a Emotiva.

Ideally, since you have a Marantz, you should look for Marantz power amps. Increase your budget to 75K, and I think your options will improve.

Cheers

After my recent lookout and auditions, would like to apprise you of the following:

- I think you do not require any major upgrades on the amplifier / AVR front!

- All you require to do is to go in for 'full range' speakers for the fronts and shift the 9.2s as surrounds.

- Since you are in TN, get in touch with Audire Technologies, Coimbatore for their full range speakers using Fostex 206e. Suggest hearing them first.

The slam-bam of your existing set-up would increase drastically ... the Fostex being high efficiency drivers, it would provide you with a very loud, yet crystal clear SQ at the rated Marantz 5002 power.

I have recently heard a Fostex driver based TQWT speaker with my VERY powerful SS amp (running at just 10% rated), and was taken aback by the SQ.

"Don't follow the herd ........ attempt something different" :p

If you are looking for a multi-channel power amp, that should be expansive unless you can get you hands on a Emotiva.

Ideally, since you have a Marantz, you should look for Marantz power amps. Increase your budget to 75K, and I think your options will improve.

Cheers

I'm looking at only a 2ch as of now... name the options, I shall consider.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back