IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Please help me with this issue
3 days back my iffalcon TV(Model 32F2A) got an auto update to android version 9 and afterwards my Bluetooth is not working properly.. the issue is if I connect to my Bluetooth headset (ver 4.2) this will work for sometime and afterwards there won't be any sound coming from speakers some delayed stuck sound noise will be coming. To get work again I need to do TV plus headset restart. Remember after just paired if start playing movies or song immediately and continue there won't be any issues if I pause and start playing this issue will come.
I have contacted to TCL customer executives and send lots of mail and no solutions ... If u got any suggestions please help me out of this.. the android version 8 didn't had any issues and their stupid auto update ruined my TV smoothness.
Thanks in advance,

My Google assistant has just stopped working. Voice search also does not work. What might be the issue?
Should I turn audio feedback on or off?
What are the best audio settings for movies?

Nope. No display at all. The display stays turned off.
I had a similar experience. Only the bottom light was turning on. The display wasn't turning on, despite trying with various remotes.

I removed the power cable on the side, waited for 20s and put it back on. Thankfully, the display powered on.

Don't know what caused this behaviour, though!!

Did IFFALCON push some update recently? My 55F2KA has started behaving erratically and is inconsistent. Power on takes forever. Sometimes TV remains blank for several minutes. The old problems related to sound continue. Apps crash randomly, even after cleaning up and removal of most apps other than a few like Sony Jio Zee Youtube. Red patch on the right red corner is now very prominent and irritating. Their phones lines dont respond. emails sent to Jeeves, Iffalcon, TCL and Flipkart also dont get any responses and in case if there is a reply, is useless. No complaint number is provided, just say someone will visit. No visit, problems never rectified.

Is there a way to factory reset again externally and if it helps?

Hi everyone, my first post here.

I have an issue with my Iffalcon 40f2. The remote has started acting weird. When I tap the Vol+ button the volume keeps increasing until I tap any other button. Similarly if the scroll down in the menu it keeps scrolling down indefinitely until I hit some other button.

I have the same issue while using the physical buttons on the TV also. However the wifi remote from the T-Cast app works perfectly.

The TV is 2 years old and I have not had any such issues until this morning.

Things I have tried,

1.) Change batteries in the remote
2.) Try another remote of the same make (Same issue)
3.) Try my remote in a similar TV (Works fine)
4.) Factory reset
5.) Fully Power off for 10 mins and retry

None of these seemed to help. Looking for help.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Guys, my 55k2a suddenly went black today. So the screen stays black (as in turned off) when I turn the TV on. Once it is fully on (still display off) I can turn it off using the Remote. Means it is turning on but no display. Tried calling Jeeves (as it is still under extended warranty) but no response (due to lockdown).

Is there any chance it could be fixed at home via some reset or something? I will hate to be without my primary source of entertainment in this lockdown!

I usually run into this problem when I power off (standby mode) my TV while watching Youtube. When I try to switch it on again after some time i see only indicator light changing and screen stays black. What I do which works in my case is, I long press the home button on my bigger remote for few seconds and it brings me interface to close apps. Then by closing Youtube (I usually close all apps) my screen comes back to life. May be you can give it a try and see if this also works for you.

I usually run into this problem when I power off (standby mode) my TV while watching Youtube. When I try to switch it on again after some time i see only indicator light changing and screen stays black. What I do which works in my case is, I long press the home button on my bigger remote for few seconds and it brings me interface to close apps. Then by closing Youtube (I usually close all apps) my screen comes back to life. May be you can give it a try and see if this also works for you.

Jeeves guys came and declared it as a dead panel. I will be getting a pro-rated refund. Any good alternatives for this as I do not want to go for the same TV again. Budget is 35-50k depending on how much better the option is compared to 55K2A

Guys, my 55K2A now doesnt display anything. On turning on the tv, no logo or boot sequence messages. Just that the black screen turns a bit lighter, whitish for a while, then slowly the lights fade. Right top corner remains dark red. The sound turns on in a while. But no picture or menu now. Looks like their os update has created a mess. Even in past, i could see many unwanted apps getting installed automatically, non removable, and I decided to just live with the bloatware. This TV didnt work without a problem a single day. Either there will be colour issues, app crash, sound delays, bluetooth/headphone jack (i atopped using these, even turning the sound level to zero for internal speaker and use only the spdif optical out), tv freezes, and/or remote would need removal of battery and pair again. Looks like a buggy firmware or hardware issue. No responses from iffalcon on any complaint but seems to have registered one last june which i dont recall. I registered complaints since jan on email everytime the tv behavior changed. Flipkart also doesn't let me publish mh review with the genuine issues listed. I truly regret buying this piece of junk, now all reviews on flipkart appear fake.

someone help me i have ifallcon k31 43" tv on it whenever i start it is booting to android mode instead of av mode don't want to reset tv because it's too much time consuming for re setup it

Download links for different versions of iFallcon 55k2a which has CHASSIS : MT5658.
I am currently on V544 and is quite stable and NTFS drives works fine.
Use it at your own risk.:)

Android Oreo
V546:
V544:
V535:

R549:

Here are some more versions from Australian TCL website.
https://support(dot)tclelectronics.com.au/software-version/

How to update:
1. Turn off the TV (TV mains plug power off)
2. Copy the firmware to the root directory and insert the FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3. Press and hold the power button on the TV.
4. Turn on mains power to the TV (while keeping the power button pressed)
5. TV should detect USB drive, after about ten seconds, you will see the upgrade notification on the TV.
As soon as you see this, release the power button. If it doesnt detect USB pendrive, try it with a different one (less than 32GB).
The TV will now update and may take upto 20-25mins. Do not disconnect
or press any buttons, until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.
This post helped me a lot. I was watching TV when an updated popped up and I updated. After updating my TV failed to boot few times. I disconnected power plug then tried to boot. Sometimes it booted sometimes it failed. My TV was v534. I downloaded v544 from the link given here as it was recommended by user. I flashed as per instruction. It booted up nicely. Few More features have been added up. NTFS formatted drives are detected easily. Overall I am happy with performance. Thanks for this post.

5 minutes read time - Successful in updating the software.

Existing Software Details - Before Update #

Model Number # 55K2A (iFFALCON by TCL 138.71 cm 55 inch Ultra HD 4K LED Smart Android TV with Netflix)
Software Version # V8-T658T01-LF1V528
TV+OS Version # V5.0.0(V8-1903191-MF1V500)
Project ID # 157
Client Type # TCL-AP-MT58K-S1
Kernel Version # Linux localhost 3.10.79 # 1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Mar 26 16:04:52 CST 2019 armv7

Mistakes you should not do #

USB Related Alert #

1. There are 2 USB ports behind the TV. For easier understanding, lets refer it as the top USB (black - USB 2.0) and bottom USB (blue - USB 3.0)

2. Top USB (black - USB 2.0) is the port for service related - for software updates. Normally, it is in this port the USB receiver for "Infra Red" Remote (Wireless Remote - Model # RC602S - JUR1) is connected.

3. When I updated the software, I did not even see the existence of this port and hence used the bottom USB (blue - USB 3.0) port and it still worked fine.

4. I used 16 GB Transcend USB for flashing the file. Before flashing, I formatted the USB in my Laptop (File System - FAT32 (Default) / Allocation unit size - Default Allocation Size / Tick - Quick Format / Volume Label - A)

5. Initially, when I inserted the USB drive and tried the steps (which I will explain shortly), the initial screen gave an "android with red exclamatory" mark and did not update. I realized that the update file was an issue. But, alas the USB port and the USB device did not fix well and hence it did not recognize. Fortunately, my USB drive had a "led" indicator which helped me to identify the problem, whether it's connected properly and tightly to the port and whether the TV is able to read from the USB or not.

6. I did not rename the file and tried the same file name - Update_V8-T658T01-LF1R549_sign.pkg (I installed version 549 directly from factory installed version of 528. Even when I was in version 528, I used to keep checking for updates from menu options and it will always say "No update needed".

7. Website for downloads # //support(dot)tclelectronics.com.au/software-version/
CHASSIS : MT5658 (ANDROID M).

Instructions on Software Update #

1. First fix the USB drive and check if it's working like as follows. Create A folder in the USB drive. Copy a movie clip in it. Additionally, copy the update file, without changing the name, in the root folder. Check if the movie is playing properly. If so, do not touch or disturb the USB pendrive side /do not move / shake the TV.

2. Switch off the TV through remote & then Switch off the power supply to the TV or better still, remove the TV plug and insert it again.

3. Keep Pressing the "ON" button on the TV and NOT THE "ON" BUTTON ON THE remote. Without taking the hands off the ON button, switch on the POWER SUPPLY.

4. Don't take the finger from the ON button, until you see a small screen on the TV which says "Please do not power off during the updating. This process may take a few minutes". (Screenshot_1 Attached)

5. Lets bifurcate the update process into 3 stages. Stage 1 will last 5-10 minutes, in the same "updating" screen. During the process, the led light in the TV will keep blinking on 1 second interval. TV will reboot and enter into Stage 2. Stage 2 will take another 10-15 minutes, in the same "screen" and "blinking lights". Post completion of Stage 2, TV will restart and should ideally start how the new TV will start.

6. Remove the flash drive once TV is fully booted and all configuration and agreements.

Post update, the updated software details are as under #

Model Number # 55K2A (iFFALCON by TCL 138.71 cm 55 inch Ultra HD 4K LED Smart Android TV with Netflix)
Software Version # V8-T658T01-LF1R549
TV+OS Version # V5.0.0(V8-2001061-MF1V500)
Project ID # 157
Client Type # TCL-AP-MT58K-S1
Kernel Version # Linux localhost 3.10.79 # 1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jan 9 11:10:23 CST 2020 armv7

As far as I know, the following are the changes which were noticed post update - (4 hours into update)

1. New options in menu to have more customizations and features.
2. Picture quality seems slightly of better quality.
3. Sound is of higher volume. Means earlier when I used to keep 50 as volume and now, I can feel the volume is louder now.
4. Reading speed from USB seems to be quicker

Let me know your views and if I can be of any support.

Ok, thanks to the excellent & detailed guide @ammzul, I did update my tv to ver 549.

It resolved the main issue of tv doing full bootup process even when put on standby. Now, it does comes back to the state you left it before putting it on a standby. It was a major issue for me personally.

BTW, how to check the software ver of tv ? I am not able to find it anywhere in settings .

Hello everyone I have bought a new iFfalcon 50' K31 from Flipkart. The Latest Software and built has support for Prime
video and Netflix and Hotstar etc, I am facing a problem with only one app Jio Cinema,it is there on both Play store and Aptoide TV and i have downloaded from both the sources but it is not working. It gets stuck at the Logo, I even installed Jio Saavan and thats working perfectly fine.
Someone with the latest built can guide me on this?
Thanks in advance

Any idea how much does it cost to replace the LED screen? My kids did this yesterday!! Not sure if its easier to throw the TV or sell it for its components vs replacing the screen. It was a super deal @ 45000 in 2018...guess todays selling price will be closer to 35K.

My kids swear they didnt do anything. But it does seem like something hit it.

IMG_20200628_200656 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I dont think you will get anything for it. It will be better to buy a new one then getting it fixed. My 55K2A went dead after 18 months on 5th May 2020. Got the refund on 25th June (80% of the invoice value, pro-rata based) as I had purchased extended warranty for 2.5k. So spent 40k (TV and warranty) and got 30k back.

I dont think you will get anything for it. It will be better to buy a new one then getting it fixed. My 55K2A went dead after 18 months on 5th May 2020. Got the refund on 25th June (80% of the invoice value, pro-rata based) as I had purchased extended warranty for 2.5k. So spent 40k (TV and warranty) and got 30k back.
I am sure I too took flipkart extended warranty although not sure if it covers human errors. Not seeing it on flipkart orders page strangely. When I hear back from them in a day or two..hopefully they will mention the warranty and hope it covers this kind of damage!

Can you pls clarify what kind of warranty you took from whom?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back