IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Yes you can update manually. i tried this and very happy with the results. The tv runs much smoother and faster now. I don't know if installing 8.0 Oreo manually voids your warranty or not. Research before you update.
Please provide latest Oreo update link or manual update for iffalcon 55k2a

Hi,
I am having trouble converting my USB drive to internal memory. My TV recognises the USB drive and then I erase and format as device storage it shows USB drive not connected under device storage but shows up under removable storage again. I want to increase my internal memory to add more apps and cache space. Do I need any specific USB stick or is there any settings I need to update.

Download links for different versions of iFallcon 55k2a which has CHASSIS : MT5658.
I am currently on V544 and is quite stable and NTFS drives works fine.
Use it at your own risk.:)

Android Oreo
V546:
V544:
V535:

R549:

Here are some more versions from Australian TCL website.
https://support(dot)tclelectronics.com.au/software-version/

How to update:
1. Turn off the TV (TV mains plug power off)
2. Copy the firmware to the root directory and insert the FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3. Press and hold the power button on the TV.
4. Turn on mains power to the TV (while keeping the power button pressed)
5. TV should detect USB drive, after about ten seconds, you will see the upgrade notification on the TV.
As soon as you see this, release the power button. If it doesnt detect USB pendrive, try it with a different one (less than 32GB).
The TV will now update and may take upto 20-25mins. Do not disconnect
or press any buttons, until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.

Download links for different versions of iFallcon 55k2a which has CHASSIS : MT5658.
I am currently on V544 and is quite stable and NTFS drives works fine.
Use it at your own risk.:)

Android Oreo
V546:
V544:
V535:

R549:

Here are some more versions from Australian TCL website.
https://support(dot)tclelectronics.com.au/software-version/

How to update:
1. Turn off the TV (TV mains plug power off)
2. Copy the firmware to the root directory and insert the FAT32 formatted USB stick.
3. Press and hold the power button on the TV.
4. Turn on mains power to the TV (while keeping the power button pressed)
5. TV should detect USB drive, after about ten seconds, you will see the upgrade notification on the TV.
As soon as you see this, release the power button. If it doesnt detect USB pendrive, try it with a different one (less than 32GB).
The TV will now update and may take upto 20-25mins. Do not disconnect
or press any buttons, until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.
Any links on whats the difference between 544 and 549?
Also whats the improvemnt u have noticed after update

Hello everyone, i have 55K2A 55 inch 4k LED. Been nearly 9 months since i purchased it and no problems with it so far. Running smoothly. Updated to 8.0 oreo manually. Went smoothly. Recently i got a RC OTA upgrade notification randomly (i think it’s for bluetooth remote), but when i click upgrade it says fail & try again. Does anyone got a similar update notification & if you guys managed to update, please let me know. Thanks. I’ll include a picture of the notification if it helps.
3EE5288F-2A6F-46E1-9EDD-2EC5DCC1D6B7.jpeg

Attachments

• A8320428-0D10-4F33-AD93-410BD36F2C90.jpeg
    A8320428-0D10-4F33-AD93-410BD36F2C90.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 048F8394-8750-43D8-A1BC-0A05FECB38B2.jpeg
    048F8394-8750-43D8-A1BC-0A05FECB38B2.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I'm using boat avaante 120w sound bar. I'm using hdmi arc port to connect to my k2a 55 tv. But I'm noticing the sound getting break every 3 minutes for a second and continues again. Should i change any setting? Please help. Thanks.

Power off the TV, hold the power button in remote and power button on TV at the same time until ,u see a screen saying "don't turn off "
I received message don't turn off, but what after that,

It restarted n again boot going on on on

Please help for next

Hi All,

My 55K2A tv keeps triggering google assistant randomly, i tried to remove the batteries from remote to check if it was any faulty button and also tried to factory reset the unit still same issue. I don't want to disable the Google assistant app as ots handy for voice typing. Kindly suggest any possible fix for this issue.

Hi All,

My 55K2A tv keeps triggering google assistant randomly, i tried to remove the batteries from remote to check if it was any faulty button and also tried to factory reset the unit still same issue. I don't want to disable the Google assistant app as ots handy for voice typing. Kindly suggest any possible fix for this issue.
Do you have ThopTV installed? I had similar issue and ThopTV was causing it.

Guys, my 55k2a suddenly went black today. So the screen stays black (as in turned off) when I turn the TV on. Once it is fully on (still display off) I can turn it off using the Remote. Means it is turning on but no display. Tried calling Jeeves (as it is still under extended warranty) but no response (due to lockdown).

Is there any chance it could be fixed at home via some reset or something? I will hate to be without my primary source of entertainment in this lockdown!

Do you have ThopTV installed? I had similar issue and ThopTV was causing it.

Yes, i knew it. Is there any other apk's for IP TV service ?
Also i noticed that two apps namely "Giftcard" & "BI" are getting installed automatically no matter how many time i uninstall them.

Finally i got fed up and used adb to uninstall the apps which were not required, the TV is now operating without any issues.

Guys, my 55k2a suddenly went black today. So the screen stays black (as in turned off) when I turn the TV on. Once it is fully on (still display off) I can turn it off using the Remote. Means it is turning on but no display. Tried calling Jeeves (as it is still under extended warranty) but no response (due to lockdown).

Is there any chance it could be fixed at home via some reset or something? I will hate to be without my primary source of entertainment in this lockdown!

Are getting the boot screen ? Iffalcon logo during start

Hi,
I am having trouble converting my USB drive to internal memory. My TV recognises the USB drive and then I erase and format as device storage it shows USB drive not connected under device storage but shows up under removable storage again. I want to increase my internal memory to add more apps and cache space. Do I need any specific USB stick or is there any settings I need to update.

Format the pendrive to fat32 and a option is available on android iffalcon to install apps on mounted storage

Does the latest build v546 version has amazon prime in google play store or any other difference??

I am using a 55k2a model, amazon prime is not available. But you can sideload the app, make sure you download the android tv version

Let me know if you need steps or any guidance to install

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back