IFFALCON TVs owners thread

Is iffalcon 55K2a and 65K2a the same model as TCL 55p2mus and 65p2mus?

Both the TV's look the same and it's the same parent company. Only difference I've found so far is that iffalkon models are clocked at 1.1Ghz compared to 1.5Ghz for tcl models. Iffalkon models also have Android O compared to Android M for Tcl p2mus (tcl could get the software update in the future as well though)

Got my iffalcon tv today.

One thing i noticed its only playing HDR in Netflix and not in Youtube App.When its playing a video it shows only 4K and not 4K HDR.When i watched same videos on other tv the youtube app shows HDR.

Has anyone noticed this.I think one more person reported the same issue

First impressions?
Picture quality is much better than my 40 inch FHD but motion blur is easily noticeable of complete frame is moving in video. I didn't like the android tv os, it takes lot of time to boot and has lot of stock apps by google, hangs occasionally. But, overall it much more enjoyable than FHD.

My Ifalcon K2A is being delivered today two questions

1.I have 4K demo videos on a USB which format will tv recognise?
2. How to down load Amazon Prime?

I ordered K2A yesterday in sale. My primary usage will be the following streaming services (4k):

Youtube
Netflix
Prime
Hotstar

Will all 4 of these work out of the box in 4k? If not, then which ones will not? What device (chrome cast, fire stick or Mibox) will be needed to have all 4 of them in 4k?

Thank you in advance for the replies.

Only YouTube and Netflix will work. I don't think there is any 4k content available on prime. I have tried prime with firetv stick on this tv, it works much smoother than android os. I didn't find hotstar app out of the box. It might be available on Play Store.

Only YouTube and Netflix will work. I don't think there is any 4k content available on prime. I have tried prime with firetv stick on this tv, it works much smoother than android os. I didn't find hotstar app out of the box. It might be available on Play Store.
Prime doesn't work.. You need to sideload it but still it didn't work for me. Hotstar can be installed through app store but it doesn't have 4k videos. Youtube doesn't support HDR content yet. I played 4K HDR movie through USB and it worked fine. I use my PS4 pro for prime 4k hdr videos

One problem i sometimes face is that the TV doesn't switch on. I have to repeatedly try and then it switches on. But i can't replicate the issue always

People should not get bothered if the smart features are not working properly. Smartness can be added to any TV with a smart box like Firestick or connecting to a PC to make it an HTPC. What is important is the picture quality including motion smoothness. What is smart today will become dumb in the next 2-3 years. It is easier to replace a smart-box than the entire smart TV.

I received a call from iffalcon support to factory reset the tv. After reset that occasionally freezing is gone it is working smoothly just like my firestick.

Chromecast is useless. You will always need your mobile and it will drain the phone's battery.

PC (HTPC) is the best option if your PC is in the same room. Or if you have an old laptop or PC that you are not using. But it will require some more work to get a remote control working with it.

Fire stick is good. Very smooth and works well. But you cannot play your own downloaded media from a USB pen-drive or disk (without using hacks).

I haven't tried Mibox but that would be a better solution, if you can connect your own disk, though more costly. If not, then you can get any other media player android box under Rs.10,000. That way you can get all streaming services, play local media and get a remote control for quick access.

Use the "Kodi" player from the Playstore (or download on Windows PC if using HTPC). It has the best interface and will play every video file that you throw at it.

One problem i sometimes face is that the TV doesn't switch on. I have to repeatedly try and then it switches on. But i can't replicate the issue always

Are you talking about TV not turning on occasionally when you press the power button on the slimmer Bluetooth smart remote?

I do have my workstation in the same room (but on a different wall). Is there any way to connect it to the TV without wires? Or will I need a long HDMI cable for it?

A long HDMI cable will work. Amazon Basics sells one of a good quality.

There is a separate "HTPC" section for more details.

I use Kodi software for media playback, Eventghost software for remote control setup, an IR receiver connected to the PC and placed under the TV. If you don't want to do all that work, just get a good quality android box which will come with its own remote control and an integrated IR receiver.

I do have my workstation in the same room (but on a different wall). Is there any way to connect it to the TV without wires? Or will I need a long HDMI cable for it?

You can use the Steam Link app to stream wirelessly if you don't want wires at all. However, the quality will be degraded a bit, so HDMI is best.

For 60fps/4K, you will need 5GHz WiFi

Prime doesn't work.. You need to sideload it but still it didn't work for me. Hotstar can be installed through app store but it doesn't have 4k videos. Youtube doesn't support HDR content yet. I played 4K HDR movie through USB and it worked fine. I use my PS4 pro for prime 4k hdr videos
I also have ps4 pro i have tried playing jack ryan but it was playing on 1080P.Dose it require some special settings

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back