Immersion audio power amp.

BLASTO

I have been to a fellow FM's house and happen to audition a five channel power amp in his setup.

He has B&W 8 series partnered with anthem 300 receiver doing pre-amp duty and a bryston power amp.

From the brief review I noticed that it is vastly better than the previous amplifier from the same company, to the extent that it sounded better when the bryston is replaced. And it is not an easy task to beat a bryston settled in its territory.

It did a commendable job when directly connected to the DAC and used as a stereo power amp using PC volume control. But the luxman tube amp doing stereo duty in the same setup beat it by a margin for stereo sound. I think it will perform far better when connected to a dedicated stereo pre amp.

Between the inbuilt power amp of the anthem MRX 310 (which by the way exceeded expectations in every discernable way for an AVR) and the power amp, I personally did not see much of a difference after switching. Both of them performed splendidly. Maybe the power amps themselves (both bryston/immersion) show their supremacy in high decibel levels which I am not a fan of.

If you are in Hyderabad looking for an excellent performer in 5 channel power amp, give these things a listen. Something might click.

I agree with Blasto, its a very good power amplifier competing with Bryston, it really did stand out. The Best thing is the stereo performance of that amplifier, it is excellent and even better than Bryston, where as in HT setup it was on par with Bryston 5BST.

PS: Name of the Power amp is Invention audio not Immersion Audio :)

Attaching pictures

iyq8tv.jpg

9amlna.jpg

I have been to a fellow FM's house and happen to audition a five channel power amp in his setup.

He has B&W 8 series partnered with anthem 300 receiver doing pre-amp duty and a bryston power amp.

From the brief review I noticed that it is vastly better than the previous amplifier from the same company, to the extent that it sounded better when the bryston is replaced. And it is not an easy task to beat a bryston settled in its territory.

It did a commendable job when directly connected to the DAC and used as a stereo power amp using PC volume control. But the luxman tube amp doing stereo duty in the same setup beat it by a margin for stereo sound. I think it will perform far better when connected to a dedicated stereo pre amp.

Between the inbuilt power amp of the anthem MRX 310 (which by the way exceeded expectations in every discernable way for an AVR) and the power amp, I personally did not see much of a difference after switching. Both of them performed splendidly. Maybe the power amps themselves (both bryston/immersion) show their supremacy in high decibel levels which I am not a fan of.

If you are in Hyderabad looking for an excellent performer in 5 channel power amp, give these things a listen. Something might click.

He isthe same guy who was banned right ? Also the same guy who adocated piracy to save money .. wondering how mods allowed this Chori- he was banned

also looking at his site I think he is still not able to offer a decent pre - amp or his dream replacement HTPC :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: , actually I was eagerly awaiting how he is able to replace Pre amp with HTPC , that to cost effective and easy to set up manner .. I do not think so .:licklips::licklips:

Just going through the other thread.. It could be possible
Isn't the Xonar card giving full fledged output enough required to drive an amp? Its already giving Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage 2 Vrms (5.65 Vp-p)
Sound Cards and Digital-to-Analog Converters - Xonar D2X - ASUS
which is more than what Rotel preamplifier is capable of. I think it should work.
Home Theater System Surround Sound Amplifier DVD Player - Rotel PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

Please read my posts-
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/51126-home-theater-pc-use-av-receiver-2.html
It is not easy to set it.Also "PAP" issue is there.

I have seen power dvd playing full scale DTS-MA 24bit 192Khz in the info panel. I believe if you bit stream it for which PAP will not allow you to do that but native decode must be happening. Agreed the fact that using a PC is not easier as receiver.
PDVD can Bitstream HD audio to AVR(not soundcard).While using D2X,it down-samples audio and you will not get 24bit audio.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...X&id=20101205220420653&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Last edited:
probably the pass through is possible in new XBMC formerly KODI?
AudioEngine - Kodi
if the software player is capable to output LPCM then the card does the job of only D/A conversion as DTS Decoding will happen prior to LPCM.
D2X only does DAC job and not decoding.It has DD/Dts encoders for stereo music(to convert DD/Dts while playing).Only some soundcards have licence for HD audio like Xonar HDAV.

Got a chance to listen to invention audio amplifier
Overall experience is good, when compared to their earlier amplifier.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back