Interest Check: Mumbai Music Meet Starring Amphion Helium 410

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why people are not so keen to go listen to one [brand of] speaker, although when visiting each other's houses they may just get to hear one pair of speakers.

I can understand that the distributor is not going to set this up, pay expenses, etc, to share the attention. Unless that distributor can bring more than one brand to the party, in which case it is still his party, his publicity and his potential sales.

Perhaps its that people have a scale of speaker manufacturers, and there is a point on that scale below which they won't travel, and and above which ...they will.

Perhaps its just that Mumbai audiophiles are a lazy, unsociable bunch (* * * JOKE * * *).

Seems a shame if it doesn't happen, though. But there is no point in fighting over the why-nots, or the alternative suggestions.

Reactions: mpw
There might be a hyderabad meet in near future. If the dealer wishes, he can join the meet. Pretty sure quite a few hyderabadis would like to hear amphions as they are not locally available.

Can we know what u bought from last meets??

I think meets are not for selling or buying, but just listening and taking experience. If i want to buy, i will rather go to a store and not a meet as i will not be able to get full attention to the product i want to buy in a meet.

There is no guarantee that more folks would turn up if it were a multi brand meet.

To my mind - the unique thing about this opportunity is to hear a normal marantz + amphion combo which would suit most pockets @ rs 120k give or take.

Multi brand meets end up confusing - more than educating.

This meet - single brand - is a trend setter in that sense for the Mumbai market atleast in terms of its focus. Abroad - the trend is for single brand audition - with appointment only.

Bhagwans post and others - have suggested multi speaker meet
But you see - that distracts the focus.

People think that good sound costs good money - not that 100' is any less but its a decent start. It amazes me no end to see the potential of simple uncluttered systems which are maximised by single minded attention to the chain. The best part is this chain can be assembled within a lac approx and the amphions and marantz are not targeted at "bigmoney " anyways.

The OT is well aware and as are the folks reading this about multi brand demo rooms.

My attendance is based on 2 things - KJ is a master at speaker placement.. One can observe and learn and the other is to validate the maantz and 410 combo. I am sure KJ would have been suitably convinced by the combo to organize this meet anyway.

Bhagwan mentioned in his thread - that he may even downsize - now that's food for thought isn't it ?? :cool:

Mpw

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the natural way to organize such events is to do all homework and legwork, request D&Ds to participate, arrange for a hall, lunch etc etc, showcase a dozen different brands of amplifiers, sources and speakers across different budgets, invite registrations and manage the show by spending from own pocket wherever necessary. I wonder what would be the motivation for such a person to do all this? We still tried it anyway. If visiting a dealer to demo a specific product is one way of purchase, taking out an occasion to meet FMs, sharing thoughts and making new friends in the process is another. I prefer the second way any day. None of us who signed up so far is likely to buy this, but its not about buying always or is it? Its about listening to music too and discuss and learn how the gear plays a role in it. I remember the Genelec meet organized by Denom where the dealer had organized for a nice presentation about the technology and audio-basics to the participants. It would have not been possible if someone dropped alone at the showroom. Similarly, we could get some good tips and suggestions from KJ as he is an expert in this domain- just another small reason to meet up.

I sincerely wish we stop attempting a post-mortem before the event has even taken place and instead appreciate the dealer for coming forward and encourage participation from FMs so that we get to see more such events in the future.

Ill made comments are un-necessary from where-ever it may be.

but it must be frustrating to organize this meet ( my earlier post alludes to why i find this unique ) and get all these distractions.

FM's must take this chance as i seriously feel a used CD 6003 + marantz 6005 + 410 will be good. Having had KJ over in my home i can sense this combo will be very nice.... not spending too much hard earned money but yet getting a feel of hifi in a true sense.

nobody is forcing anyone to buy here..

anyways... one can take the horse to the water they say.. ( in hindi )..

btw.. this is OT.. mumbaikars dont have too good a voting percentage too.. so maybe that says something..

:)

mpw

FM's must take this chance as i seriously feel a used CD 6003 + marantz 6005 + 410 will be good. Having had KJ over in my home i can sense this combo will be very nice.... not spending too much hard earned money but yet getting a feel of hifi in a true sense.

mpw

I too was part of that session and agree on this atleast.

Cant meets be on a Saturday? I always prefer Saturdays to Sundays as now a days most of the offices are closed on Saturdays too? I prefer to sleep on Sunday afternoon after a good lunch.

Its pointless to reason with people who basically can't understand reasoning.

It makes sense to have our own personal mini meets & enjoy without mentioning the details on the forum.
People on the forum do not appreciate efforts put in by somebody else.

I will request the supermod to close this thread & end this humiliation.

PS: Spoke to KJ & he said that we will meet anyway, so whom so ever is interested, do come.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back