Is it a bird, is it a plane?

ranjeetrain

Is it a bird, is it a plane?

No, it's a speaker!

AXPONA has got quite a bit of interesting stuff going on. Take this for example:

[IMG2]http://www.avsforum.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Volya-NoLimits.jpg[/IMG2] It surely is something we have all seen. Except it's too large for what we have ever seen. Take this photo for a perspective: [IMG2]http://www.avsforum.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Volya-NoLimits-at-AXPONA-2017-768x512.jpg[/IMG2]

Well, these 4? diameter beauties weigh 420 pound each, and are a 3-way design. Ahem!

Well, here is more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5HgO7MuY8

The Ultrasonic waves coming from that weapon is going to cripple Superman's super senses, oh no! It is designed by the evil genius Lex Luthor!
How will Superman overcome his number one adversary? Will Lex finally get the Man of Steel? Will any of Superman's friends come to his aid?
Watch on the next episode!

That's not a giant woofer, just a gimmicky cabinet to get attention. On the front baffle you can see the midrange, tweeter and 11-inch woofer. Mount those same drivers in a box-shaped cabinet and you would end up with a 3-way speaker that nobody would have paid attention to.

That's correct. It's plenty clear it's not a giant woofer, just a curious mock up. Details are available on the AVS forum including brief specs.

No supersonic boom though enough to catch the attention of any and everyone. One has to salute the creativity on this one.

They are Better than their Bouquet speakers.
Volya Bouquet

I was the wanderer in the crazy audio jungle,
then 'Bouquet Speakers' upon which I stumbled.

They gave natural sound like blossoming flowers,
I can listen to the music for hours and hours.

From flower to flower as bee gathers honey,
These speaker gather details with so little money.

like sweet flower fragrance, low end fills the room.
your auditory senses are surely surely to bloom

High-end of the audio range as delicate as petals
These are the speakers you will certainly settle.

As fresh flowers sways in the morning breeze
Seeing them You will surely go weak on knees.

Regards :)

Good Morning
After a long time, Hiten. Please let us have the pleasure more often. [emoji4]
Thanks friend,
just keeping the forum active. Missing old days (and members):sad: when elaborate discussions ranged from Jazz, Western/Indian Classical music, Tubes, DIY, Pass Amps, Analogue stuff, Missing humor and wit of Gobble missing Suri, iaudio, Stevie, Santoshbhai, Asitda, Cranky, Venkat and many others. Hope they are doing well. :)
Nicely rapped :lol: Hiten
It is Limerick, Poem, Couplet and Rap all rolled in to one :lol:
Regards

Imagine the power needed to wake up the giant if it was real.

Hobbyists and professionals around the world have made several attempts at giant woofers. They all have one thing in common. They are not made of off-the-shelf parts, and, they are not run off off-the-shelf amplification.

A simple YT search finds many interesting giant woofer projects.

Imagine the power needed to wake up the giant if it was real.
As ranjeetrain has said good only for hobbyists. Not practical. Most of the music genre is well within the range of proper three way speakers. Even two way works well. Or one can use number of subwoofers placed in rooms. Dr. Geddes has has done comprehensive study on this. Search DiyAudio website.

But if made, indeed it would required large powerful amplifier. Also Imagine having a large single 4 ft. speaker magnet in room. It would attract all metal objects in the vicinity Including amplifier, will even attract person sitting on metal chair. Talk about being sucked in to the music :lol:

Regards.

Agreed Hiten. Very few left on the forum

Hear hear. Well, life isn't always as people want it to be. So is this forum. IMO, the happiness lies in accepting that change is the only constant. Usual audiophile caveat applies - "YMMV" :lol:

yes Prem and Ranjeet,
very few active members. Just posted what came to my mind and what I felt like. I also understand life changes and with it sometimes priority changes. Anyway hope all are well and happy and doing good in life. :)
Regards.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back