J Play launches its own Cables - Any one used them ?

bhagwan

Wizard High-End Audio Blog: JCAT cables

Meicord: MeiCord

Has any person used these or any other ?

I just saw the post on different web sites - so I wanted to ask here;

p.s. Each of those cables cost Rs. 25/- K [approx] - a bit expensive - I feel...

p.s.s. There are even sata cables here - see the level till which some people can go ? They too cost Rs. 25/-K per cable. My Machine has 11 HDD's - so how many would I need ? Crazy - is it not ??:D

I am sure their software will sound better with their cables....Pretty soon they will come up with special racks on which to put the computers as well..Maybe some air purifiers as well for wirelessly streaming the music from one computer to the other for better results...

A CAT cable with that price, should be capable of downloading non-digital items from Amazon or ebay.

It's only a matter of time that many rave reviews of these items will come out.

I can even predict the conclusion of such reviews without actually reviewing it -- "The component brought a "marked improvement" in overall tone. Bass was better defined and highs sounded smooth as never before. I didn't know what I had been missing without these. For such a small price these cables are an absolute must have."

Here is a scientific fact: Purple ones are better. See this visualization:

spectrum.JPG

Due to their smaller wave-length and higher energy state, they are able to reject external interferences to a higher degree, thus minimizing jitter and maximizing purity of signal being carried. No wonder those are more desirable among audiophiles and command a higher price.

This thread is comedy gold (at the risk of hurting Bhagwan's sentiments:)).

Why may I ask ?

What have I got to do with J Play Cables ? I do not have them - nor do I use them. Yes, I do use J Play to play my music - the software runs on my 2 machines & controls the playback.

Do you know any one that has purchased / used it ? The J Play Cables i.e.

Have you heard 2 [different] ethernet cables between 2 computers that play back music using J Play ?
Has the 'test' [listening session] been done by any one on this forum ? You or any one else for that matter;;;

The fact that some one makes the cable is just being stated here - the results what ever they are - not known to me or to any one else that may have posted above - could all the comments be 'presumed' on results that have never been 'heard' ?

I just stated a link that was up [on the internet] & that link showed that Cables were launched - how good they were / or how bad they were / do they make a difference - [+ve or -ve] all this has to be 'first' heard & then commented upon.

There could be only 2 results -
a]
There is a difference
b]
There is no difference

In either case, the 'listening' is NEEDED - not just typing.

Umm- maybe I should rephrase my statement. All I meant was that the responses were funny in and of themselves. However, our humour may have the effect of hurting Bhagwan (unintentionally). I apologize.

Umm- maybe I should rephrase my statement. All I meant was that the responses were funny in and of themselves. However, our humour may have the effect of hurting Bhagwan (unintentionally). I apologize.

Sir,

Thank You - for the apology - I appreciate the gesture;
However, the same is a bit misplaced - reason being - 'bhagwan' has NOT PURCHASED any J PLAY Cables, therefore what you say about them - does not connect with me in any manner.
You can either like the product or not like it - in either case it is your 'personal' take on it.
I have simply copied & pasted a link about a product that some company has released.

If I try and broaden the scope of this discussion a bit, then the issue again comes down to 2 things as was stated in post # 10 [http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...own-cables-any-one-used-them.html#post524571]
Just LISTEN & then COMMENT :-
a]
There is a difference
b]
There is no difference

So unless you or any other FM that has contributed to this thread has 'heard' the Cables - the opinion you may hold or statements what you make would all be 'un-substantiated' :rolleyes:

If I try and broaden the scope of this discussion a bit, then the issue again comes down to 2 things as was stated in post # 10 [http://www.hifivision.com/audio-vid...own-cables-any-one-used-them.html#post524571]
Just LISTEN & then COMMENT :-
a]
There is a difference
b]
There is no difference

So unless you or any other FM that has contributed to this thread has 'heard' the Cables - the opinion you may hold or statements what you make would all be 'un-substantiated' :rolleyes:

Sir,

Thank you for broadening the scope of this discussion.

It is obvious that only a very very small percentage of comments made here are 'substantiated'! Some are 'speculation', and some are 'extrapolation'. I have seen a lot of people 'extrapolate', including you.

Here is my take on listening, speculating and extrapolating.

(1) 'Listening' is no guarantee of coming to the right conclusion.

(2) Some people may not be able to draw correct conclusion even after 'listening'. Whereas, some people may be able to 'extrapolate' even without listening. It depends on the actual expertise than the amount of time spent 'listening'.

(3) 'Listening' in a certain environment, with a certain gear, with a certain set of music is no license to pass a judgement for all listening environments, for all people, with all kind of equipments. Therefore, any 'listening' experience is as much a 'personal' take as any other.

Here is a scientific fact: Purple ones are better. See this visualization:

Due to their smaller wave-length and higher energy state, they are able to reject external interferences to a higher degree, thus minimizing jitter and maximizing purity of signal being carried. No wonder those are more desirable among audiophiles and command a higher price.

Then why is the "standard" colour a bluish grey? Is it because of the boring nature of most of the data carried on corporate LANS? Why did I always use red for cross-over cables? I wasn't always cross over something!

There is obviously much more to all this than I had ever thought.

Who could have guessed it? Yesterday I got convinced that glass may well be better than plastic for digital optical cables; today I may be convinced about coloured network leads!

But I am sad, because either my buying has been all astray (including corporate: most of my LAN cables come from the days the office was closed down and all the stuff chucked out, and I can't blame anyone else for the cable colours) or life has been unkind to me. I do not own a single purple hifi cable :sad:

Then why is the "standard" colour a bluish grey? Is it because of the boring nature of most of the data carried on corporate LANS? Why did I always use red for cross-over cables? I wasn't always cross over something!

There is obviously much more to all this than I had ever thought.

Who could have guessed it? Yesterday I got convinced that glass may well be better than plastic for digital optical cables; today I may be convinced about coloured network leads!

But I am sad, because either my buying has been all astray (including corporate: most of my LAN cables come from the days the office was closed down and all the stuff chucked out, and I can't blame anyone else for the cable colours) or life has been unkind to me. I do not own a single purple hifi cable :sad:

You don't really have to worry. Even my CAT cables are mostly grey. And most of my hifi cables are still generic 4N OFC :lol:

So long as you don't use BAD cables, you get the job done. When people want to improve on even the un-improvable, that's where ridiculously priced gear comes into picture. These products are not as much "needed" as much they are meant for satisfying curiosity.

Guess what will people do after having spent a million dollar on a music setup? Spend another 10k on sundry items to see if performance improves or not. Right?

Such products are targeted at those people. Curious people, people with deep pockets, people with upgraditis, people with cablemania etc etc.

Sir,

(1) 'Listening' is no guarantee of coming to the right conclusion.

(2) Some people may not be able to draw correct conclusion even after 'listening'. Whereas, some people may be able to 'extrapolate' even without listening. It depends on the actual expertise than the amount of time spent 'listening'.

On a rather simple note - why do audiophiles exist ?
To be in a position to appreciate music in it finest & most natural form.

Music Lovers are many - but many of them are not audiophiles.

Therefore, if a person listens to 2 different systems & cannot tell what the differences are [even to himself] he may not be the 'right' candidate to do any 'critical' listening.

So my primary point is - let some person that can 'hear' small changes in audio set ups - power cable 'swap' / 'rca or xlr' cable change / orientation of audio gear / routing of cables / etc. etc. do the listening - then form an opinion - if there is a difference or there is no difference.

Of Cause, this needs 2 things - [a] The Cables [as the topic of this thread suggests] A person can 'Listen' as you suggested
this is a ccp from your post # 15.

Therefore, if a person listens to 2 different systems & cannot tell what the differences are [even to himself] he may not be the 'right' candidate to do any 'critical' listening.

:clapping:
or to put it in another way..the person does not need a higher system..unfortunately that opinion does not come with the certificate that there is no difference.

and that is (perhaps) the root of these interesting threads we so get worked up on when they are there ..and miss when they are not :eek:hyeah:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back