J Play launches its own Cables - Any one used them ?

Guys, let's try out the below process and figure out whether the combo makes any difference or not...It should not but without conducting the actual experiment it makes no sense to reject the below notion....

Who is up for it in Delhi? Can we have 2 volunteers with Windows 8 loaded laptops to test in a high resolution system?

Let everybody go there in a petrol-engine car driven by a tank of water please.

There are so many possible experiments. Some of them may appear wrong-headed to others, and yet may bear fruit. But whether it is water in the tank, or attempting to fly off one's building, we know that some cannot. So, if we try those things (hey, just for fun: it'll will either work or not, and, at least with the car, the damage will be repairable) there is a wrong thinking involved. It goes like this:

Because I am a ____phile it might be different for me.

No, ___philia doesn't make anything different for us.

So, replace the blanks with audio... The audiophile works long and hard at listening. Of course there's a difference in the way they hear, according to the amount of listening, the experience of listening, the depth of listening. The people who have an enthusiasm for comparative listening have worked long and hard at it. They've been to "listening school."

So, how about they go to networking school too (because, no, networking is not different for you because you are an audiophile). Then they can join the rest of us in telling these dishonest companies where to stick their ridiculous flyleads. In their petrol tanks, perhaps! :eek:hyeah:

This is a forum where people read experiences/opinions of others and basis that form their own opinions...Not many of us are able to hear so many different equipment to form our own...

Therefore whatever the outcome of the Jplay experiment, if possible, we should post our opinion of the same for others....if we cannot hear any differences, the general forum member will know that the differences are audible to some and not audible to others and they can form their own judgement...otherwise we have only Mazher's experience as the basis....

Sure sir. A bunch of us will surely give it a go at the earliest opportunity possible.

I have gone thorough a lot of material about JPlay. I understand their implementation and recommendation 100%. So whenever the experiment happens, it will happen the way JPlay recommnds. Nothing to worry about that.

It will be a good experiment to carry, with a lot of fun and popcorn thrown inbetween regardless of the result.

The experiment is not reliable unless we can have proper A/B testing. As such, I would like to make a suggestion. I am not a network engineer but I think link aggregation with round robin would be perfect for blind A/B testing. Since sections of music (encoded or decoded) will be transported randomly across different cables, the experimenters should be able to hear the drastic difference between those sections while music is playing. I do not use Windows, so I can't conduct the experiment myself unfortunately :(. It would also help if the experimenters can record the experiment and post it to youtube so that people who are proven correct have a documented proof :).

Dear Thad, if the petrol engine manufacturer claims that it can run on any liquid, I will definitely fill it with water, maybe different flavours as well to find out what gives the best mileage....

In this case, Jplay are making a claim which Mazher can vouch for...If you disaprove, then please conduct the experiment for the benefit of the forum members and for yourself and let us know what you find....

The Dark Ages are behind us and let us not try and behave like the the Vatican....Till 1903, it was stupid to suggest that man can fly and cross oceans but .......

Well, if we could use youtube to hear audio equipment, then everyone would have started an online business model for audio equipment.....

The experiment is not reliable unless we can have proper A/B testing. As such, I would like to make a suggestion. I am not a network engineer but I think link aggregation with round robin would be perfect for blind A/B testing. Since sections of music (encoded or decoded) will be transported randomly across different cables, the experimenters should be able to hear the drastic difference between those sections while music is playing. I do not use Windows, so I can't conduct the experiment myself unfortunately :(. It would also help if the experimenters can record the experiment and post it to youtube so that people who are proven correct have a documented proof :).

So, if we try those things ... .... .... ..... there is a wrong thinking involved.

Agree!

The manufacturer succeeds in making a sale even if people buy it only for 'experiment purpose'. In a world with a population of 7 billion, if a manufacturer succeeds in selling 700 units of a cable at US$ 499 which is no better than a $5 cable, he still succeeds in his stunt.

So, the need to curb the wrong thinking very much exists. Because even the idea of an wrong experiment can be rather damaging (financially) for the people involved while manufacturer would still laugh his way to the bank.

Yes mowgli (oh, I like your handle, so cool!), we need to have blind testing. We won't leave any stone unturned.

I do have the feeling that most of the times people come out with logic-defying outcomes, somewhere there is a wrong method responsible for it. We have seen how wrong method can result in 2+2=5 and 2+2=3 too. So, the method is extremely important.

In terms of Hifi, wrong results will be obtained, if during the experiment any variables change such as listening position, volume, position of speakers/equipments. Until the difference is day and night, the difference can be attributed to a number of factors. Even the time of the day. I percieve the same song playing at the same volume to be differently loud at different times of the day. So, there are many more variables to account for while condicting such a high profile experiment. The method is absolutely important. And blind testing is one of the indispensible methods to use for a truely neutral outcome.

The answer you get depends on the question you ask. So if you ask two people which of the 3 cable they heard which one they liked. They all will have a preference for a certain cable. Ask the same people to describe the difference on a piece of paper without discussing among them. And then compare the notes. You will come to know whether the difference they heard is based on real difference or is is placebo/guess work. If there is a real difference, they will all describe the difference to less or more same attributes. If their description is wildly different from each other, you know what's going on around there.

Well, if we could use youtube to hear audio equipment, then everyone would have started an online business model for audio equipment.....

This video gives a picture of what I meant. The purpose of the video is not to ascertain the quality of sound but if there is indeed as big a difference in sound that can be correctly distinguished by human hearing.

On a personal level, I disagree with you. The video did portray to me that MA had more complete tonality compared to JBL, something which I could have never found out in real auditioning as none of the dealers carried both the speakers. Although not audiophile quality auditioning stuff, to me, its utility was far more than to be easily discarded.I would actually prefer more online business model for audio where speaker makers compare their products with their competitors.

Dear Thad, if the petrol engine manufacturer claims that it can run on any liquid, I will definitely fill it with water, maybe different flavours as well to find out what gives the best mileage....
So we should look to the claims made by Cisco, Belden, etc, etc, etc as to what networking equipment and cables do and how their best performance can be achieved not some scamsters who have jumped on the bandwagon of the consumer audiophile cables and peripherals market.

In this case, Jplay are making a claim which Mazher can vouch for
In this case, no he isn't making any claims about the Jplay cable: he's asking about it. He has made claims that the Jplay 2-pc setup which he is using is a superior PC-audio setup. I have my doubts, but I am not arguing it because I don't use Windows and so will never be a potential Jplay user. Doubts is one thing, recognising the impossible is absolutely another.

...If you disaprove, then please conduct the experiment for the benefit of the forum members and for yourself and let us know what you find....
Notwithstanding the above, JPlay were never previously on my list of companies to avoid because they lie about at least some of their products. Now they are. Except that, in the link Bhagwan gave, there actually very few "claims," just a few statements (like, hey, it's 1m long!!!) and they seem to be relying on the aura of the price tag.

The Dark Ages are behind us and let us not try and behave like the the Vatican....Till 1903, it was stupid to suggest that man can fly and cross oceans but .......
I think you jumped in it with both feet there :)

Dark ages? It is the "audiophile" community that has reduced this business to one of faith and superstition.
Till 1903, it was stupid to suggest...
Till 1973, it was probably stupid to to suggest that data could fly between two computers along a network cable. That was forty years ago. The equipment and cables have been through generation after generation. The technology continues to evolve. How much do you think Audioquest, Jplay and all the others are going to contribute?

It is never impossible for step forward in technology to be made by a guy in a shed, but the people we are talking about here do not make steps forward in technology, they ask, "What would our market like to see?" And they answer, for instance, silver or silver-plate, oxygen-free, teflon, directional, fancy appearance, fancy connectors, high prices. Fall for it if you want!

And nobody here should need reminding that there are many, many reasons, quite apart from the straightforward and obvious one that something is different, why we hear things as different. Sadly, though, many "audiophiles" apply the same standards to their own testing as they do to the vendors whose claims and products they lap up.

I said this only a couple of weeks back: the most important interconnect of all is the human mind. It is also possibly the most interesting. It would make a much better topic of conversation than spurious cable claims. It is also, potentially, one of the most expensive, as we have to be prepared to have it cost us some of our ego.

Ethan Winer (paraphrased) talking about audio myths, hearing, etc, to audio pros: "Who amongst us has not, at least once in our working lives, made that final tweak that made a mix just perfect --- only to find that they were moving the wrong slider." Yes, pros are not immune. But it's different for audiophiles, right?

What the audiophile community needs is more "Doh!" moments!

Last edited:
Yes mowgli (oh, I like your handle, so cool!),

Thank You

In terms of Hifi, wrong results will be obtained, if during the experiment any variables change such as listening position, volume, position of speakers/equipments. Until the difference is day and night, the difference can be attributed to a number of factors. Even the time of the day. I percieve the same song playing at the same volume to be differently loud at different times of the day.

Totally agree with what you say. I portrayed the same sentiments in Bhagwan's ethernet cable thread where I said human hearing, including Bhagwan's, cannot be considered an accurate as it varies based on lots of factors. However, some people unfortunately portrayed it as a personal attack on Bhagwan, leading to the thread's closure :(.

Delhi members, anybody keen on the doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani experiment? I for one am very keen to hear the JPlay difference......

In fact, it would be nice if we make a cables and IC comparison as well.....So we need someone with a revealing audio system, 2 laptops with Jplay and Windows 8 and with the tech know how of how to implement it.....

Any volunteers????

I portrayed the same sentiments in Bhagwan's ethernet cable thread where I said human hearing, including Bhagwan's, cannot be considered an accurate as it varies based on lots of factors. However, some people unfortunately portrayed it as a personal attack on Bhagwan, leading to the thread's closure :(.

Your posts are to-the-point and technically interesting and informative. They never have the adversarial air that I don't seem to be able to avoid when arguing ---perhaps a throwback to an unfulfilled childhood ambition to be an advocate! :eek:.

Delhi members, anybody keen on the doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani experiment? I for one am very keen to hear the JPlay difference......

In fact, it would be nice if we make a cables and IC comparison as well.....So we need someone with a revealing audio system, 2 laptops with Jplay and Windows 8 and with the tech know how of how to implement it.....

Any volunteers????

Seems like not many Delhi FMs are tuned into this thread.

Your posts are to-the-point and technically interesting and informative. They never have the adversarial air that I don't seem to be able to avoid when arguing ---perhaps a throwback to an unfulfilled childhood ambition to be an advocate! :eek:.

You could have made a great lawyer :D

I do dream of successfully advocating my case to my mylord some day .... she is a tough nut to crack :(

Any volunteers????

Respected Sir,

Hello !

Any follow up ?

Was the test done ?
20 days seem to have passed.

Report would be nice to know.
Please.

Much appreciate.
:licklips:

Respected Sir,

Hello !

Any follow up ?

Was the test done ?

20 days seem to have passed.

Report would be nice to know.
Please.

Much appreciate.
:licklips:

Originally Posted by panditji View Post

Any volunteers???
?

Hello All !

Specially the ND Chapter;

Was the test done ?

Report would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Been caught up with the construction of the house and have not been able to get everyone together and conduct the test...my apologies..
But it is on my mind and will try and get it going in the next 45 days....

AudioQuest Vodka Ethernet Cable and Diamond Ethernet Cable | AudioStream

Just stumbled on this;
So I posted it here...

If you have your music library sitting on a network, connected with Ethernet cables, and you'd like to improve the sound of your music coming through your hi-fi, I'd suggest you give the AudioQuest Ethernet cables a listen. Whichever ones you feel make the most sense price-wise. If that means you're not interested, no big deal. The things we think we know get in our way all the time. Luckily with hi-fi we only risk losing out on greater levels of enjoyment.

2sakr69.jpg

CAT 6e Cable.
New, just arrived.

2lu6u8k.jpg

zk48xe.jpg

2duguwy.jpg

2sakr69.jpg

This is basically a Belden Cable - made in USA & dispatched after it is checked & shipped with a report. That picture I will upload soon. It is lying elsewhere.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back