jamo C605/ C607

Status
Not open for further replies.
kindly stop it guys , its kinda begining to suck:annoyed:
YOURE RIGHT SUBHASH,no matter what else gets thrown at me im not saying anything anymore.All i wanted was talk about mine & others speakers.So i'll say adieu for now!!SORRY BY THE WAY FOR ALL THE S**T YOU HAD TO LISTEN TO! :eek::eek:

hehe just grabbed this opportunity to have peek at this thread again. Couldn't resist.

The difference between extrapolation and lying is not mere semantics nmytree, it's a very substantial difference. "reignofchaos's mouth wrote a check he good not cash"? again, whatever that means, it doesn't mean he lied. Lying requires intention. You, good sir, have pathetically failed to demonstrate any! No amount of bluster and name-calling can conceal that fact :)....the Emperor is wearing some fine new clothes ;)

And what's priceless is that you keep talking about people playing victim and then then harp on about these so called personal attacks on you early in the thread. Where are these personal attacks nmytree? I'd love to see them. And why are you going on bawling about them? can't take what you dish out?

By the way, I hope you can distinguish attacks against Jamo speakers, and attacks against you as a person. Did it hurt bad when they spoke ill of your little babies the Jamos? Did it hurt your pride as a self-proclaimed "musician" and "audiophile" that people elsewhere have a different opinion about the speakers that you like? That's some mighty thin skin for someone who claims to an oldie! And neither of those instances amount to personal attacks.

Two points, now, to which I am sure you will have no logical or reasonable response, but some entertainingly dense name-calling. Did I thank you for the entertainment? It has been top-class :) Anyway to move on to the points:

a) you called someone a liar without basis. And extrapolation and generalisation are not lying to anyone who understands what those words mean. demonstrate intention to mislead, or forever hold your peace....oh wait, don't do that....keep the silly stuff coming....it's priceless :D (by the way, are you sure it's music that you do and not comedy? i'd pay good money for you)

b) you keep banging on about personal attacks against you, when the only ones making them are you and maladjusted. Everyone else has spoken about speakers, and about your offensive behaviour. Neither of those is a personal attack. But oooh, they spoke of Jamos......

cheers!

Oh my, you're attacking my Americanism ....my education .....my grasp of grammar and language skills. Oh dear me!

I'm wounded...I'm bleeding....oh lord help me.....such a severe blow to my argument...Oh god, I never saw that one coming.....such a devestating counter-argument:lol::lol:

Let me clarify this and break it down to the simplest and most basic fundamentals. Even you should be able to grasp this. Although, it will be written in my typical American, brutish and forcefull prose... :eek:hyeah:

Reignofchaos's mouth wrote a check, he's incapable of cashing.

I called him out on that.

Rather than admit his creative and loose interpretations, he and all the rest of you...chose to circle the wagons and deny, deny, deny; as you diligently worked up your weak, spinjob counter arguments.

Are you sure you guys don't work for the American governement?:lol::eek:hyeah:

And now, you're all resorting to personal insults. Which is oaky, because it doesn't bother me. But don't any of you come back in this thread playing the delicate, innocent victims and feigning offense, okay? That would be silly.

You know vortex you try to sugarcoat your perfect little existance,like everybody else has no opinion...like only yours is the one that counts.If you want to call somebody a liar dont go around the issue just say it.But make sure youre right before you do so:mad:

If you dont want me to sugarcoat my words, you will just have to come visit me. Here at an internet forum, I prefer decent communication.

I will repeat this, maladjusted. Before making judgments on people, just try and stay on in the forum and observe. This hurrying to paint mental pictures of people and then typing it out is not serving any other purpose other than abrading already eroded bonhomie.

I stand corrected about the reference on mud slinging though. Glad you pointed it out.

speaking of jingoism and unknowns...i am reminded of what old rumsfeld used to say about the 'known unknowns and the unknown unknowns'...

i am sure every one is having a lot of fun here.....
after all you cannot take people whom you have not known so seriously as to have opinions about them...

hehehe moktan!!!:)

like you said - my evil alter ego has had a lot of (alternate) fun in the past few minutes - which my ID will regret later on!

when the supermods decide to chuck I, and NMyTree out of this forum till "furhter notice" (hehehe - FUHRER! HEIL!) - close the gates- throw in the swords- and let the just battle begin - two sworn gladiators who will not live till the other one dies!)

Last edited:
hehe just grabbed this opportunity to have peek at this thread again. Couldn't resist.

The difference between extrapolation and lying is not mere semantics nmytree, it's a very substantial difference. "reignofchaos's mouth wrote a check he good not cash"? again, whatever that means, it doesn't mean he lied. Lying requires intention. You, good sir, have pathetically failed to demonstrate any! No amount of bluster and name-calling can conceal that fact :)....the Emperor is wearing some fine new clothes ;)

And what's priceless is that you keep talking about people playing victim and then then harp on about these so called personal attacks on you early in the thread. Where are these personal attacks nmytree? I'd love to see them. And why are you going on bawling about them? can't take what you dish out?

By the way, I hope you can distinguish attacks against Jamo speakers, and attacks against you as a person. Did it hurt bad when they spoke ill of your little babies the Jamos? Did it hurt your pride as a self-proclaimed "musician" and "audiophile" that people elsewhere have a different opinion about the speakers that you like? That's some mighty thin skin for someone who claims to an oldie! And neither of those instances amount to personal attacks.

Two points, now, to which I am sure you will have no logical or reasonable response, but some entertainingly dense name-calling. Did I thank you for the entertainment? It has been top-class :) Anyway to move on to the points:

a) you called someone a liar without basis. And extrapolation and generalisation are not lying to anyone who understands what those words mean. demonstrate intention to mislead, or forever hold your peace....oh wait, don't do that....keep the silly stuff coming....it's priceless :D (by the way, are you sure it's music that you do and not comedy? i'd pay good money for you)

b) you keep banging on about personal attacks against you, when the only ones making them are you and maladjusted. Everyone else has spoken about speakers, and about your offensive behaviour. Neither of those is a personal attack. But oooh, they spoke of Jamos......

cheers!

Every single point you're trying to make, is completely wrong and inaccurate.

The proof is in this thread. If you were actually reading this whole thread and not just selective bits and pieces, you would already know that. It's obvious you have not.

And before you go around trying to characterize me as complaining about personal insults. It is you guys who are whining and running your mouths. In fact, this thread proves that it was you guys who initiated the personal insults, not me or Maladjusted. And I ignored it for quite some time. Anyone who has read the thread clearly sees that.

Now, I am responding to all this whining about personal insults, because many of you are being hypocrites and using a glaring double standard.

Except for thevortex who is for the most part, being the most fair and truthful.

Last edited:
Before making judgments on people, just try and stay on in the forum and observe. This hurrying to paint mental pictures of people and then typing it out is not serving any other purpose other than abrading already eroded bonhomie. .

Hmmm......I would suggest many of your other members take this to heart and practice what they preach.

This a glaring double-standard, here. And the hypocrisy is running rampant.

Notice I have not once resorted to insulting anyone for their ethnicity, nationality...country of orgin.

Yet, several insults have come my way of that nature.

What is it they say about us americans? I imagine most of you people have mirrors, correct?

Guys - we have two ways before us.

1) Have the moderator lock this thread up because of the growing irrelevance not to mention verbal aggression.

2) Move on as gents and try and catch up with each other in a different thread at a better time. And hopefully we can all see a better side of the other.

The choice lies before us.

Anyone here have experience with the Jamo C80 CEN?

I use one of my C803 bookshelf speakers (I have three pair of them), as the Center Channel with my C809 system. For some reason, the vertical bookshelf versions (with the same size drivers) of a floorstander always sounds better to my ears; than the horizontal Center Channel.

Anyone care to share their experiences and opinions on the C80 Center Channel?

Anyone here have experience with the Jamo C80 CEN?

I use one of my C803 bookshelf speakers (I have three pair of them), as the Center Channel with my C809 system. For some reason, the vertical bookshelf versions (with the same size drivers) of a floorstander always sounds better to my ears; than the horizontal Center Channel.

Anyone care to share their experiences and opinions on the C80 Center Channel?

now isn't that a bit out of context here in this whole debate???

1) Have the moderator lock this thread up because of the growing irrelevance not to mention verbal aggression.

2) Move on as gents and try and catch up with each other in a different thread at a better time. And hopefully we can all see a better side of the other.

NO! NO! NO! - thevortex - this is a battle to the end! - please! - no locking!

the fun has just begun - and the end is death - of just the one of us!

jUST to come in again quickly,if we did meet on another thread and the discussion was jamo speakers which ones would you like to comment on vortex?plain question. and is there any other options we have to keep the thread going,like talking about OUR jamo's.??

Except for thevortex who is for the most part, being the most fair and truthful.

DO NOT TRY TO DIVIDE AND RULE! - that is the way of the (colonial) british!

thevortex is one of us - YOU ARE ALONE - fight to YOUR death!:)

now isn't that a bit out of context here in this whole debate???
NO,Look above at thread title this is how it should be,even if nmt is talking about a different higher-end model,But i know where your coming from looking at all the bickering!;)

By the way, I'm currently listening to Govi's Magellan's Beat from the Guitar Odyssey album; through my Jamo C809. It sounds absolutely beautiful!!

Beautiful music.....through wonderfully musical speakers.

honestly speaking ...sometimes my experience here in this thread is a bit like watching a food show on TV...the presenter takes you through the elaborate rituals of preparations, the exotic recipes, the ambiance and then in the end he puts the food (or drink) in his mouth, contorts his face, curls his fingers and says that it is either 'tangy' or 'delicious' or different'..i have absolutely no clue as to what the guy is talking about and yet i drool over the food and almost enjoy the whole experience...
of course it is easier to fight with food than over food ..

By the way, I hope you can distinguish attacks against Jamo speakers, and attacks against you as a person. Did it hurt bad when they spoke ill of your little babies the Jamos? Did it hurt your pride as a self-proclaimed "musician" But oooh, they spoke of Jamos......

cheers!
YOURE A CHILD psychotropic,So what if he nmt likes jamos,WHY does it bother you so much?I like them too along with w.dale,mission.polk,paradigm,monitor audio,mordaunt short all musical in their own way.But i agree with nmt the jamos are very musical!Id love to hear the ref909 range.maybe they might be good enough for you PSYCHO!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
By the way, I'm currently listening to Govi's Magellan's Beat from the Guitar Odyssey album; through my Jamo C809. It sounds absolutely beautiful!!

Beautiful music.....through wonderfully musical speakers.

do yourself a favor,

go tomorrow to-

Charlotte, NC

11409 Carolina Place Parkway Pineville, NC 28134
(former Tweeter building near Carolina Place Mall)

these guys have excellent options to listen to that- Govi's Magellan's Beat from the Guitar Odyssey.

perhaps, then, you will get off your mediocre high-horse, and realize there are better commodes in life than jamo:)

Maladjusted, since you'll be getting your speakers soon. Here's a little inexpensive tweak I tried with my Jamo speakers and it worked very well. I know there's no Lowes stores in your country, but maybe you can find something similar in one of your country's hardware stores. Check out the link, so you know what I'm talking about. This is a very inexpensive and easy tweak to try.

Here's little experiment I did..........

I bought a bunch of these .......self-adhesive Waxman Grippers.....

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=54359-255-4739495N&lpage=none

I cut them into one or two inch pieces, peeled the protective paper off the adhesive side and carefully placed the adhesive side together; to make a thicker pad.

Then I placed one each under the front spikes (Front spikes only or front of floorstanders only) of my floorstanders (you can use a penny or dime under the spike and on top of the little gripper pad; to prevent puncture). Or if you have those brass spike coasters, depending on the thickness; you want to use just one gripper pad. As opposed to sticking two together.

I found that by lifting the front of my Jamo speakers just a 1/4 inch or a little over a 1/4" ........the soundstage became even bigger than it already was. Wider and more enveloping.

The bass response also seemed more powerful.

But, lifting the front up to a 1/2" or more.........compressed the bass down and made it seem like the bass was be squeezed out of a little vent; while expanding the midrange even larger. Didn't like that.

Different speakers, diffferent rooms ...may offer different results. But you'll immediately notice some differences.

Whether you perceive the changes as improvements; is an individual preference as well reliant of your room and speakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back