Jamo & Sherwood

Hi Friends
I guess I am one of those with the untrained ears the people at Croma and Reliance seem to be targetting. My sole specialization is literature. I am approaching my 50's, and my hearing probably can't make out the nuances anyway.
The reason I was interested in the Sherwood/Jamo combination, entrylevel as it might be; and perhaps bordering on the sacrilegious is that it is all that would fit my budget in these recesionary times.
I've had a brief exposure to the combination at one of the AV Max expos either in Delhi or Noida.
I found the sound too dull. And, I want the rear speakers to be cordless.
I know this system does not seem to fit the requirements.
If you experts could spare a little patience, I'll tell you how this might be made to work.
Problem 1: Dull and closed sound.
Solution(?): Install Pioneer TS20 Tweeters on the top of each speaker cabinet facing the ceiling. I have used these in my car, and they did a lot for sound there. I have a hunch that this would allow a very wide sound stage, would expand the sweet spot no end, and would avoid harshness since the sound would be reflected off a ceiling 7' above.
Problem 2: Rear cordless speakers to be managed (wife hates wires).
Solution(?): Philips G2G302 Full Spectrum Wireless FM Transmitter plugged into the rear channels of the Sherwood AV receiver. A two channel stereo receiver at the other end of the room plugged into the surround speakers, tuned to the broadcasting frequency of the FM transmitter.
Problem 3: Subwoofer
I am used to a 'cheap' Sony 222 amp in my car clubbed to a Sony 12" Woofer (placed in the trunk).
Solution(?): Planning to use a similar combi plugged into a 450W power supply from some P4 cabinet.
Planning to run the rig through a 1000W UPS.
So tell the poor Prof. if this could be made to work?
Thanks for your time and patience.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back