Jamo & Sherwood

Hi Friends
I guess I am one of those with the untrained ears the people at Croma and Reliance seem to be targetting. My sole specialization is literature. I am approaching my 50's, and my hearing probably can't make out the nuances anyway.
The reason I was interested in the Sherwood/Jamo combination, entrylevel as it might be; and perhaps bordering on the sacrilegious is that it is all that would fit my budget in these recesionary times.
I've had a brief exposure to the combination at one of the AV Max expos either in Delhi or Noida.
I found the sound too dull. And, I want the rear speakers to be cordless.
I know this system does not seem to fit the requirements.
If you experts could spare a little patience, I'll tell you how this might be made to work.
Problem 1: Dull and closed sound.
Solution(?): Install Pioneer TS20 Tweeters on the top of each speaker cabinet facing the ceiling. I have used these in my car, and they did a lot for sound there. I have a hunch that this would allow a very wide sound stage, would expand the sweet spot no end, and would avoid harshness since the sound would be reflected off a ceiling 7' above.
Problem 2: Rear cordless speakers to be managed (wife hates wires).
Solution(?): Philips G2G302 Full Spectrum Wireless FM Transmitter plugged into the rear channels of the Sherwood AV receiver. A two channel stereo receiver at the other end of the room plugged into the surround speakers, tuned to the broadcasting frequency of the FM transmitter.
Problem 3: Subwoofer
I am used to a 'cheap' Sony 222 amp in my car clubbed to a Sony 12" Woofer (placed in the trunk).
Solution(?): Planning to use a similar combi plugged into a 450W power supply from some P4 cabinet.
Planning to run the rig through a 1000W UPS.
So tell the poor Prof. if this could be made to work?
Thanks for your time and patience.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back