JBL 4345 Finally !!

Congratulations Dev! Fantastic setup!

How tall are the 4345s? Just trying to get a sense from the pics.
Those drivers are huge. Should be an amazing experience listening to them.

Regards

Congratulations Dev! Fantastic setup!

How tall are the 4345s? Just trying to get a sense from the pics.
Those drivers are huge. Should be an amazing experience listening to them.

Regards

Thanks Nikhil, the 4345 is 43 inch tall. And yes they do sound very good :)
cheers

Congratulations Dev.. Awesome treasure find and hope you are settled for life time music now and no upgrades further on speaker part.
You could have posted last week, i could have walked few days back while in cbtr to enjoy these.. Always there is next time..

Congratulations Dev.. Awesome treasure find and hope you are settled for life time music now and no upgrades further on speaker part.
You could have posted last week, i could have walked few days back while in cbtr to enjoy these.. Always there is next time..
Thank you . Didn't know that you were in Cbe srini, hopefully next time we will meet.

Hello beautiful people, I was able to find a pair of 4345 last August and after a long wait of 6 months I got the recone kit for the mids and woofers. The speaker is up and singing for the past one month and I couldn't be more happier with it. Sharing my joy and few picture with you all. Thanks to Prem , Vivek ( sidewinder) and my dealer friend Mithun for all the guidance and help.
Cheers
dev
Hi Dev, not sure if you have covered this is another thread....if you can share some background on how you went about purchasing this pair of speakers, who did you buy them from, how much did it cost, what kind of technical inspection has it is undergo, who performed this inspection, where did you buy the recones etc. etc. thanks

@Dev.R

Is the woofer 18" and the mid 10" ?
Yes sir.

Hi Dev, not sure if you have covered this is another thread....if you can share some background on how you went about purchasing this pair of speakers, who did you buy them from, how much did it cost, what kind of technical inspection has it is undergo, who performed this inspection, where did you buy the recones etc. etc. thanks
Hi kapeel, this speaker was with a studio owner and my dealer friend purchased it for me, the recone kit was imported from US and Germany. I didn't inspect the speaker before buying, just few pictures were shared and was home delivered.
Cheers

@Dev.R - This looks wonderful. I heard this and its smaller version 4343 at JBL Northridge HQ several years back. It has the unusual combination of immersive concert-like reproduction with uncanny finesse and resolution.

From your pics, it seems like this does not have the 2307/8 horn lens assembly with compression driver bolted on it? Which high frequency driver does this one use?

Thanks,
Shyam.

What are crossover points Dev ?

I guess these speakers are larger than 4343. Right ? What’s the sensitivity ?
Scheme4 ways, 4 loudspeaker bass-reflex scheme, and a floor type
UnitFor low-pass: 46cm cone type (2245H)
For inside low-pass: 25cm cone type (2122H)
For mid-high ranges: Horn type (2420+2307+2308)
For high regions: Ring type (2405)
Frequency characteristic32Hz-20kHz�}3dB
Directivity (horizontal x vertical)60 degrees x 30 degrees (-3dB, 16kHz)
Output sound pressure level95dB/W/m
Impedance8ohms
Allowable input120W (at the time of a network)
200W (multi-amplifier Lo)
100W (multi-amplifier Hi)
Cross over frequency320Hz, 1.3kHz, 10kHz (at the time of a network)
290Hz, 18dB / oct (at the time of multi-amplifier)
Enclosure dimension253L (Woofer)
14L (mid Woofer)
DimensionsWidth 765x height 1096x depth of 470mm
Weight112kg (at the time of an original packaging)

@Dev.R - This looks wonderful. I heard this and its smaller version 4343 at JBL Northridge HQ several years back. It has the unusual combination of immersive concert-like reproduction with uncanny finesse and resolution.

From your pics, it seems like this does not have the 2307/8 horn lens assembly with compression driver bolted on it? Which high frequency driver does this one use?

Thanks,
Shyam.
Hi Shyam, the 2308 lens is missing. Need to order from eBay.
Regarding the HF driver , it has 2420 and now I am trying it with 2425j , since the 2420 sounds too smooth with the Conrad Johnson.
cheers

Hi, I am in the process of upgrading the capacitors in my JBL , along with that I thought of changing the internal cables.
Any recommendation for cables? Looking for options which is available in India.

Regards

Dev though we have been in constant touch personally good to see your thread on your recent purchase of monstrous JBL. I’m pretty sure it will set a bench mark. We can count on these breeds in India. Another member who owns similar one is prem from mumbai.

Thank you Sai. There are few people from whom I took advice in setting up the JBL , one is Prem and the other is Ian Mackenzie ( Lansing heritage forum) . Both these gentlemen are humble to the core and never hesitated to answer my questions. Thanks to these Gurus for all the help.
Cheers.

Thank you Sai. There are few people from whom I took advice in setting up the JBL , one is Prem and the other is Ian Mackenzie ( Lansing heritage forum) . Both these gentlemen are humble to the core and never hesitated to answer my questions. Thanks to these Gurus for all the help.
Cheers.
I’m pretty sure you are on right track Dev
Patience wins

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back