Kindly rate the order of the speakers as per quality

It's just a hobby bro. Don't commit interest/ funds that comes at the cost of other things.
If I were you, I'd use a full year or more auditioning at dealerships and friends' places. That would give me time to understand my needs, narrow down choices and source funds in the meantime.
Believe me, spending more is no guarantee for more enjoyment.
A very sane advise to all the members. Thank you.

Can you show me some links to genuine reviews on various speaker brands pls? I am even thinking of cancelling the family vacation to Maldives giving covid as an excuse yet again and putting extra shrimps to the barbie. As I understand from having read in these message boards that speakers have to be given extra funding and AVRs or amps can be entry level. Right?

You seem to think there is an objective answer for A/V but there isn't. Neither speakers nor TVs can be bought based solely on objective criteria and hope to please everyone as there are many varied tastes. If you have a preference you should list it, if you just want something that has a flat frequency response then you should look at manufacturer websites and buy whatever you feel is a flat enough response for you.

You seem to think there is an objective answer for A/V but there isn't. Neither speakers nor TVs can be bought based solely on objective criteria and hope to please everyone as there are many varied tastes. If you have a preference you should list it, if you just want something that has a flat frequency response then you should look at manufacturer websites and buy whatever you feel is a flat enough response for you.
Actually Taga Harmony TAV 607 5.0 is something in my mind. AVR and sub woofer is something that needs to be chosen. Although I read somewhere that I have to select real good speakers at the word go and it would last a dozen years or more. So was wanting to see some highly rated speakers suggestion.

So was wanting to see some highly rated speakers suggestion.
This is something you can start with within your budget of 2L, considering you want to avoid too much audition; prices are right now highly inflated.
  1. Denon X2700H
  2. Acoustics 3010i 5.1 Cinema Pack

You need to think about budget, if your budget is in the TAGA range and your usage is is more towards video then I think it should be a fine choice for that budget, others may chime in if they feel there is something better for that budget as I am not aware of all the options. Q Acoustics is often cited too. There's also Wharfedale for a more warm sound and some have gone with Polk. There was a thread where a fellow was trying to get the best for his budget (around 1 Lac) and you could read his thread for ideas.

Wrong.
Slow down boy. You are moving too fast. Unless squandering is the name of your game.
Can you be more elaborate please? I don't understand these mysterious stylish answers that may only be comprehended by a certain community of knowledgeable folks privy to years of research and personal experiences but for a newbie like me, it is a mystery. It adds to existing confusion. I don't wish to squander either but from what info I got

1) Spend 60% on speakers and 40% on amps(or AVRs).
2) A stereo setup is better for pure music and a HT for movies.
3) HTIBs are shadows of real HTs and a quest to go for that missing factor will arise and every AV enthusiast will want to upgrade after a while.

Are you suggesting I just continue with the existing HTIB?

I would be more than glad to, as I have many commitments and this is indeed a luxury. Not a basic need.
But one thing is that I have worked hard, far too long to not experience anything exciting that money can get and am not seeing a point in being frugal anymore. It is like a crossroad of thoughts between living one life to the max or to be extra miserly and pass on the torch to my boys. Quote slow down boy unquote... Ha ha
In 1992 when Sony Walkman cassette player was priced Rs.1800, I was 13, in my 9th class, I gave one good shot at the Under 14 national chess championship and won it getting a prize money to cover it. Fast forward nearly 29 years later, now I have earned and saved enough to buy good audio equipments and still I am not able to decide to go for it or not and if so which one. Or is my life meant to be that I will win races but will perennially be unable to win the prizes ;) - talk about squandering money, hobbies etc...

Money, according to me is a "temporary" custodian level fiduciary responsibility that sooner or later may pass from one person's hands to another but that which can't be taken to the grave.

This is something you can start with within your budget of 2L, considering you want to avoid too much audition; prices are right now highly inflated.
  1. Denon X2700H
  2. Acoustics 3010i 5.1 Cinema Pack
Thanks I will keep this recommendation as a mark. But seriously I still am confused why my original question about rating by order transposed to my HT quest with budget etc... I am a single member earning family man with so many dependants that I do not want to jump in at the moment as I have
1) Already bought a HTRT3 and it's warranty expires on April 2022 and so I intend to save money until then or atleast till Jan 22 and unleash it. The HTRT3 will go to my hall TV.
2) expenses coming up
3) time on my side but may consider buying parts at stages once every two months.

Furthermore I was leaning towards a Denon 1600 + Taga 5.0 + a sub-woofer in Jan 2022. Is this going to be a much better upgrade compared to HTRT3 or would I have to go for 2700H + Q acoustics 5.1 speakers to notice difference?

Thanks for sharing.
I would ask that you evaluate a speaker like this with a more modern recording. A lot of the old recordings from Artists you've mentioned are not that great and may not give you the true identity of the speaker.
Thanks Sandeep, I did try with more modern recordings, including Adele, Ed Sheeran, Sid Sriram etc.. they are as livelier as ever. And its totally about the genre you listen to! (BTW, Rahman is not an old recording, and 90% of my songs are Rahman melodies)
As said in earlier this doesn't reach deep bass levels, and I'm perfectly OK with it (In fact, it reaches 50-55Hz now which is more than enough for many music genres) If you music listening needs far lower bass, then you might need to look at the Achal Towers.

Great to hear that you are enjoying your system..
I have some technical doubts about audible edge diffraction looking at the construction of these speakers.
Flush mounting the drivers helps in reducing frequency response artifacts caused by diffraction thereby resulting in a smoother responses in frequency domain. Another potential cause of diffraction are those sharp edges of the baffle. Here is an excellent article on cabinet diffraction (https://www.salksound.com/blogtopic.php?id=7). Here is another one: (https://heissmann-acoustics.de/kantendiffraktion-sekundaerschallquellen-treiberanordnun/)
Since I see no rounded/beveled baffle edges, a surface-mounted tweeter, no offsetting of tweeter to smooth out diffraction, no significant waveguiding of tweeter etc in the pics, I am wondering how significant the effects of diffraction are in the above speakers.
Also, as per the little understanding i have of this subject, edge diffraction is a problem that should be taken care of as much as possible in the acoustical domain rather than in the electrical domain, meaning that crossover should be doing (can only do) minimal diffraction mitigation (without making the circuit significantly more complex). Also, even if we try to mitigate diffraction effects in crossover for on-axis, it usually screws up the off-axis responses (peaks and dips in the frequency responses at different angles, which changes the tonality of perceived sound at different angles/listening positions). At the end of the day the room itself will cause more anomalies in the frequency response, but I still couldn't help wondering about all this looking at the pics.

Thanks for sharing the pics and your experience with the speaker...
HI Vineeth,
The points you laid are very valid. I'm a speaker designer myself and I was looking at this aspects when we design the system. But we forget one major factor, which space does this occupy? what are the room interference, bounding materials, the furniture its in, where its placed? a lot of factors throw a wide variety of factors when the output reaches our ears.
The points of BSC, Edge diffraction has way less effect compared to placement and the environment its in.
If you are going to place this in an anechoic chamber on a half space (2pi) or quarter space (Pi) the factors will play a role. but placing in a living room or even a dedicated stereo room will have its effect more than the diffraction & BSC.
I would suggest to have a quick audition, as I can see you are in Bangalore and decide yourself.

@mods, please merge with post above, as I cannot do the same.

Thanks I will keep this recommendation as a mark. But seriously I still am confused why my original question about rating by order transposed to my HT quest with budget etc... I am a single member earning family man with so many dependants that I do not want to jump in at the moment as I have
Thats because you simply cannot rate and rank speakers. Everything from ones own ear to amplification/room can change it. So if you ask a generic question, you will get a generic answer :)

And to get a specific answer, you need to give an idea of the budget etc else you will get exactly the kind of responses you have already got ..

Would assume that you have already factored in your dependents/financials etc before deciding your budget..if not please do as audio as in any other hobby can be a money drain and if you do not plan well well get into an endless spend cycle chasing a moving target and not getting the satisfaction you intended.

no one can do that and even if so everyone will have an order as a speaker is dependent on room, amplification and the source itself.

What are you looking for and what is your room size/ amplification and what music do you listen to ( Type/Quality etc..) then folks here can suggest.
Furthermore I was leaning towards a Denon 1600 + Taga 5.0 + a sub-woofer in Jan 2022. Is this going to be a much better upgrade compared to HTRT3 or would I have to go for 2700H + Q acoustics 5.1 speakers to notice difference?

I have no idea of Taga and unless you have heard it yourself and like it OR know someone who can vouch for it look for other options. but do keep a look out for deals..Hifi mart has deals coming up and so do other sites. Unless you are really sure get the 5.1 as a package as you know they will be well matched..there are enough HT folks who can help if you ask a specific question.

Coming from an HTiB, any separates 5.1 with a receiver like Denon will be an upgrade. Since your budget is 2L ( ?) and denon will be around 60K you have a budget of 1.4L. eg the BIC America may be one..

Last edited:
I would be more than glad to, as I have many commitments and this is indeed a luxury. Not a basic need.
But one thing is that I have worked hard, far too long to not experience anything exciting that money can get and am not seeing a point in being frugal anymore. It is like a crossroad of thoughts between living one life to the max or to be extra miserly and pass on the torch to my boys. Quote slow down boy unquote... Ha ha
In 1992 when Sony Walkman cassette player was priced Rs.1800, I was 13, in my 9th class, I gave one good shot at the Under 14 national chess championship and won it getting a prize money to cover it. Fast forward nearly 29 years later, now I have earned and saved enough to buy good audio equipments and still I am not able to decide to go for it or not and if so which one. Or is my life meant to be that I will win races but will perennially be unable to win the prizes ;) - talk about squandering money, hobbies etc...

Money, according to me is a "temporary" custodian level fiduciary responsibility that sooner or later may pass from one person's hands to another but that which can't be taken to the grave.
That’s a high degree of self-disclosure… so rare and refreshing, yet a bit concerning.

Many of us would resonate with that overall state - having slogged through our childhood and prime youth to get where we are, but holding back our desires. Now wonder a lot of us enter this (rewarding, yet costly) hobby in our late thirties and forties - myself included.

And it’s quite understandable that while we’ve been very deliberative in our lives, we feel like being spontaneous and instinctive once we decide to let ourselves free. There‘s the eagerness go get going and immerse oneself into the joys as quickly as possible. However, the nature of this hobby, as most of us would attest, is the insatiability of it. We hardly ever stop at our first buy and the urge to upgrade is almost never-ending. A reason is also that there‘s a lot of learning and discovering involved and even our listening keeps gettting finer, and more demanding. And reading reviews and getting opinions, while helpful, cannot substitute the wisdom gained through experimentation and experience. And that takes time, a long time.

The well-meant suggestion to ‘slow down’ can be interpreted in this light. Not to mean that you should delay your first substantial audiophile purchase… the charm of it can never be upstaged. But to acknowledge that this will be a long journey, spanning decades … full of its joys as well as frustrations. And there’s probably some, but not a lot of chance of accelerating/crashing it. We just mean to suggest ‘prepare yourself for the long haul, both emotionally and financially’. Don’t expend yourself all in one go - we’ve seen that as well here on the forum, leading to a burn out.

Enjoy the longer journey - it can be rich and rewarding. Just pace it well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest you go the AVR+2.1 setup initially and then add surrounds gradually.
You can start with a pair of Dali Oberon 5 and Oberon Vokal - very good speakers. As receiver, both Denon x1600h and x2700h is a good bet.

Can you be more elaborate please? I don't understand these mysterious stylish answers .....
To get helpful answers, your question has to be proper. It's rather nice to see that dozens of replies are already there to help you find an answer to a question that is not even a relevant one.

If you are looking for help in building an HT ground up, please mention size and design of room, whether dedicated or multipurpose space, scope of acoustic treatment, listening position, type of movies viewed etc as your first line of information. Ratings of speakers will have no impact in what you will hear. Nobody can rate speakers anyway.

You can not build a system by taking recommendations from others as nobody knows your needs, familiar with your space. Every recommendation that you will get is limited by that person's choice, budget, taste, experience and availability that he has worked within.

There are no shortcuts here. The journey is as interesting, educative and enjoyable as the destination. You can no simply buy in into this (or any other) hobby.

Best of luck

Last edited:
It is always nice to follow your passion and follow your dream but in a measured dose of realism because at the end of the day you need to pay your bills and you need to survive.
- Kripal Amana in one of his youtube video blog entitled "This Humble But Amazing Eatery On Himalayan City Ride! Follow Your Passion But! Vlog 49"
It's just a hobby bro. Don't commit interest/ funds that comes at the cost of other things.
If I were you, I'd use a full year or more auditioning at dealerships and friends' places. That would give me time to understand my needs, narrow down choices and source funds in the meantime.
Believe me, spending more is no guarantee for more enjoyment.

Last edited:
One thing that I have always felt in public forums is any question posted and discussed has a bit of something in learning curve to some. (Not for all). I did manage to pick out a few more vector elements that can atleast aim to narrow down my search or better even the desire to plunge into this costly pleasure or not. If I had an intention to spend right away, I would have posted such a question but some of the decision making is still pending and I have drawn a line thinking 4-5 more months I will save before I spend. There were some extraordinary answers and I thank this forum on a whole. Yet out of my limited knowledge branding order was something I thought I could count in but I got enough indicators to understand nothing beats an audition and heresays and popular opinions can't substitute what the ears have got to say. I will set out listening to audio systems in these few months of holiday time I have set forth. Thank you all.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back