Kindly rate the order of the speakers as per quality

Donivlapog

1) Yamaha 2) Pioneer 3) Polk 4) Elac 5) JBL/Harman 6) Bose 7) Q Acoustics 8) Klipsch 9) Taga 10) definitive technology 11) KEF 12) Jamo 13) Dali 14) Bowers and Wilkins 15) Focal 16) Marshall. TIA.

1) Yamaha 2) Pioneer 3) Polk 4) Elac 5) JBL/Harman 6) Bose 7) Q Acoustics 8) Klipsch 9) Taga 10) definitive technology 11) KEF 12) Jamo 13) Dali 14) Bowers and Wilkins 15) Focal 16) Marshall. TIA.
no one can do that and even if so everyone will have an order as a speaker is dependent on room, amplification and the source itself.

What are you looking for and what is your room size/ amplification and what music do you listen to ( Type/Quality etc..) then folks here can suggest.

Last edited:
Usage HT or Music? Entry level series for the KEF/B&W/Dali & Focal?
Your Budget? number of speakers needed? Just can't say which is better then the other.

Cheers.

Let me try

1) Pioneer 2) Yamaha 3) Marshall 4) Taga 5) Jamo 6) Polk 7) Bose 8) definitive 9) KEF 10) Elac 11) JBL/Harman 12) Q Acoustics 13) Klipsch 14) technology 15) Dali 16) Bowers and Wilkins 17) Focal.

Even if you get statistically relevant number of replies, it’d only tell you which speakers are more popular, not necessarily which are better (even if speaker quality was definable in absolute terms - which it is not). And quite probably, brands that aim for all-round performance would be more popular. (It’s not surprising for example how often QAcoustics appears in threads as the most recommended budget speaker brand). That’d also give a wrong impression that niche speakers with characteristic signature are worse in comparison just because they rank low.

The question is like asking ‘which are the best careers?’ - a common question on Quora, while the right question to answer is, ‘what’s a more appropriate career option for me?’)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, for my understanding!
Understanding what? Everyone has their own preferences and use cases. So what my number 1 speaker would be, may not be yours. All the brands you have listed are very good. If you're looking to buy, list out your requirements, preferences, purpose, Budget and shortlist speakers based on them.

Once shortlisted, then maybe members here can Help you further drill down and select a model.

Otherwise it's like asking which is better Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.

MaSh

Possible Answer will be like n! in mathematics ( permutation ), that would be 16! ,
i.e
16x15x14x13x12x11x10x9x8x7x6x5x4x3x2x1 = 20,922,789,888,000
Will this be correct ?

Usage HT or Music? Entry level series for the KEF/B&W/Dali & Focal?
Your Budget? number of speakers needed? Just can't say which is better then the other.

Cheers.
Actually, from time to time I see some discounted "sale" price online. But it surprises me that some brands that I rate highly are found at lower prices and those that I rate as low are priced much higher. I watch movies and listen to music and I am wanting to plunge into HT in Jan 2022 only as I have family expenses to meet, up and above a decent amount to pile up for the HT and in Jan it would be about 2 to 2.5 lakhs at disposal if things go according to plan and God willing plus 5.1 set up will do.

Actually, from time to time I see some discounted "sale" price online. But it surprises me that some brands that I rate highly are found at lower prices and those that I rate as low are priced much higher. I watch movies and listen to music and I am wanting to plunge into HT in Jan 2022 only as I have family expenses to meet, up and above a decent amount to pile up for the HT and in Jan it would be about 2 to 2.5 lakhs at disposal if things go according to plan and God willing plus 5.1 set up will do.
So HT, that means 5 speakers & avr for 2.5L? If so most the brands you mentioned won't come in that budget, especially KEF, Focal, Dali & B&W.

That actually is slightly easier to answer.
BMW for performance and driving pleasure.
Merc for luxury and comfort.
And Audi... ermm... let me guess.... for discount?
Now don't flame me :)
Ha ha true,I didn't want to add more. Can be a good discussion in tbhp. But I agree with your analysis.

Actually, from time to time I see some discounted "sale" price online. But it surprises me that some brands that I rate highly are found at lower prices and those that I rate as low are priced much higher. I watch movies and listen to music and I am wanting to plunge into HT in Jan 2022 as I have family expenses to meet, up and above a decent amount to pile up for the HT and in Jan it would be about 2 to 2.5 lakhs at disposal if things go according to plan and God willing plus 5.1 set up will do.

Jan is a sufficient time to listen and audition various steps. There is really No better way to find speakers that will suit your liking.

MaSh

Price and brands are not linear. There is absolutely no alternative to audition with your own electronics in your own room. That being not always possible, atleast carry your electronics to your dealer. You may find what works best for you was on nobody's recommendation list.

So HT, that means 5 speakers & avr for 2.5L? If so most the brands you mentioned won't come in that budget, especially KEF, Focal, Dali & B&W.
I may spare more but already my children's thread function plus a possible family vacation if third wave is not as deadly as second, are in line. I can sell some stocks or mutual fund units from my portfolio and even go as much right now but I just bought a Mickey mouse Sony HTRT3 a few months back which I am wanting to use for a few more months atleast and then go for the real deal.

I may spare more but already my children's thread function plus a possible family vacation if third wave is not as deadly as second, are in line. I can sell some stocks or mutual fund units from my portfolio and even go as much right now but I just bought a Mickey mouse Sony HTRT3 a few months back which I am wanting to use for a few more months atleast and then go for the real deal.
It's just a hobby bro. Don't commit interest/ funds that comes at the cost of other things.
If I were you, I'd use a full year or more auditioning at dealerships and friends' places. That would give me time to understand my needs, narrow down choices and source funds in the meantime.
Believe me, spending more is no guarantee for more enjoyment.

It's just a hobby bro. Don't commit interest/ funds that comes at the cost of other things.
If I were you, I'd use a full year or more auditioning at dealerships and friends' places. That would give me time to understand my needs, narrow down choices and source funds in the meantime.
Believe me, spending more is no guarantee for more enjoyment.
Yes one expensive hobby, specially if you into 2 channel too :rolleyes:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back