Kindly rate the order of the speakers as per quality

1) Yamaha 2) Pioneer 3) Polk 4) Elac 5) JBL/Harman 6) Bose 7) Q Acoustics 8) Klipsch 9) Taga 10) definitive technology 11) KEF 12) Jamo 13) Dali 14) Bowers and Wilkins 15) Focal 16) Marshall. TIA.
One must have hands on experience with all these brands to assess and give ratings. Probably mentioning some models and preference of music might help to some extent.

Last edited:
You can have an objective reference based on measurements.
Then go by your subjective preference. After all you have to enjoy the sound of the speakers.

My dilemma is as follows - initially I was thinking of something just above the internal TV speakers. I bought HTRT3 and it did offer me some better sound output. However many started saying a real HT is something you must go for not this shadow of a mirage of an illusion Mickey mouse HTIB. Now that got me started. But then the technology behind audio is overwhelming. And secondly i started thinking if I could keep it short and simple with satellite speakers and a entry level AVR instead of going big at the onset. After getting familiar with audio technology with experience I can upgrade later.

You are very right with this approach. I went the same way , started with a Philips 5.1 @4k in 2006 , upgraded to Edifier DA5000 pro in 2011 @ 12k used till 2016 when I decided to get a nice HT system.

Auditioned Yamaha HtiB and did not quiet like them , tried Polk TL1600 and Vx479 @67k and liked them & really enjoyed them till I tried bookshelves in 2019.

I too enjoy these incremental experiences as I clearly understand what I am getting out of each upgrade. If you go for a satellite + nice subwoofer ( the Polk sub is quite average tbh , satellite speakers are quiet good) you will get a really nice experience .

You are very right with this approach. I went the same way , started with a Philips 5.1 @4k in 2006 , upgraded to Edifier DA5000 pro in 2011 @ 12k used till 2016 when I decided to get a nice HT system.

Auditioned Yamaha HtiB and did not quiet like them , tried Polk TL1600 and Vx479 @67k and liked them & really enjoyed them till I tried bookshelves in 2019.

I too enjoy these incremental experiences as I clearly understand what I am getting out of each upgrade. If you go for a satellite + nice subwoofer ( the Polk sub is quite average tbh , satellite speakers are quiet good) you will get a really nice experience .
Viz. A step by step approach. In life also there is no escape from this approach. A baby born today would have to go through crawling, baby steps, walking with support, running, somersaults, kindtergarden, primary school, bicycle, high school, college, first cutting class and going to the beach, first crush, first beer, first love letter(watsapp msg these days), graduation, motorcycle, first job, first appraisal, first salary raise, first promotion, first SIP in mutual funds, first marriage (oops sorry, only marriage is better here), first child, first car, first apartment, first big screen TV, first SUV, first HTIB, first low end home theater and finally the best HT! Mission accomplished and terminated!

All you guys should really exp xtz spirit series, outstanding speakers for movies and music, spirit 4 , spirit 6 Lcr , spirit 8 lcr ... i myself using Spirit 4 LR with spirit 8 C.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back