Latest Hifi news thread-

Probably a new series of speakers!!
PHONON "KAMOME" - A feather-shaped speaker made out of paper.

Lineup

KAMOME speaker (KMM-01)
* Amplifier are not included in the product (KMM-01). It is necessary to amplifier connection of 15W (8?) or less always.

KAMOME speakers + amplifier bundle (KAM-01)
* Photo is a product image. Amplifier of the photograph is not included.
* Amplifier, which is same root to the amplifier bundle, Ltd. is a size KAMA BAY AMP 2000.
* Amplifier bundles (KAM-01) is offered at a limited number.

Specifications (KAMOME speaker)

Model number KMM-01
Speaker Unit Weight 129g (1 per unit)
Impedance 8?
Feather Yupo paper
Vibration transmission rod Ramin
Specifications (amplifier)

Model number SDAR-2000-BK
Amplifier output 10W + 10W (8?)
Entry (Can be connected to a CD player, etc. iPod) 3 system RCA input , 1 system 3.5mm stereo mini input
Output 1-type speaker output , headphone output 1 system
External dimensions 151 51 depth 184mm
Body weight About 760g

I shall plan to use this for my living room. After all sometimes aesthetics also matters!! ;)

Probably a new series of speakers!!
PHONON "KAMOME" - A feather-shaped speaker made out of paper.

Lineup

KAMOME speaker (KMM-01)
* Amplifier are not included in the product (KMM-01). It is necessary to amplifier connection of 15W (8?) or less always.

KAMOME speakers + amplifier bundle (KAM-01)
* Photo is a product image. Amplifier of the photograph is not included.
* Amplifier, which is same root to the amplifier bundle, Ltd. is a size KAMA BAY AMP 2000.
* Amplifier bundles (KAM-01) is offered at a limited number.

Specifications (KAMOME speaker)

Model number KMM-01
Speaker Unit Weight 129g (1 per unit)
Impedance 8?
Feather Yupo paper
Vibration transmission rod Ramin
Specifications (amplifier)

Model number SDAR-2000-BK
Amplifier output 10W + 10W (8?)
Entry (Can be connected to a CD player, etc. iPod) 3 system RCA input , 1 system 3.5mm stereo mini input
Output 1-type speaker output , headphone output 1 system
External dimensions 151 51 depth 184mm
Body weight About 760g

I shall plan to use this for my living room. After all sometimes aesthetics also matters!! ;)

Wow is it available in india.

Last edited:
Engadget | Technology News, Advice and Features

Technics will be launching a high-res download service in 2015

In order to give its high-end audio wares the proper content to offer pristine listening, Panasonic's Technics brand is building its own hi-fi music store. Launching in the UK and Germany next year, Technics Tracks will serve up a library of 24-bit FLAC audio files, a number of which will boast a 92kHz sampling rate. In addition to the high-resolution selections, a collection of 16-bit/44.1kHz CD-quality tracks will be available as well via the service being tooled by 7Digital -- an outfit that operates a high-quality download repository of its own. Of course, Neil Young's Pono service and player are on the way as well, and with Tidal's recent launch, your high-resolution listening habit can now afford to be a bit more selective. When it arrives in Janurary, Android, iOS and desktop apps will be available for shopping and organizing cloud-stored music until you're ready to download.

Yeah I also read that it functions based on the spherical layout ...controlled by the DTS Neural X , a new spatial remapping engine.

Yeah I also read that it functions based on the spherical layout ...controlled by the DTS Neural X , a new spatial remapping engine.
Despite DTS' use of technobabble, Neural:X is not a spatial remapping engine. It's just their new upmixer (what used to be called surround processing), which combines aspects of two of their previous surround processing modes: DTS Neural and DTS Neo:X.

Andrew Jones joins ELAC-
http://www.hifivision.com/articles-guides/59120-aj-moved-elac-pioneer.html#post659595

256gq6p.png

29qb0ol.jpg

33mbseh.jpg

ELAC B5 loudspeaker, $20,000 sound for $229, by Andrew Jones, THE Show 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZ7ig9EiNI

Check video second half for actual playing Demo.

Last edited:
Digital music (including Streaming and paid downloads, but not CDs) surpasses Physical (including CDs and everything else) music media sales for the first time, amidst modest growth in total music sales for the first time since 1998:

‘Major rise in global music sales for first time since 1998’ | The Financial Express

Clearly, the studios are laughing all the way to the bank mainly due to formats like mp3, despite their best efforts to stamp out digital downloads.

Emotiva has discontinued their highly successful amp series XPA Gen2 except XPA-1 and introduced new XPA Gen3 at much higher price. This is a bad news to audio lovers with limited resources. My attempt to acquire XPA-5 Gen2 got failed by a whisker :mad:. There is no expert review of XPA Gen3 yet. Good news is that Emotiva authorized a distributor at Delhi. So there is a possibility of getting service there. Can anyone share more info about this?

The main concern is that, if the amp is to be shipped to US for adding channels, then the upgrade feature is useless to Indians. Also the durability of SMPS is a question compared to the robust toroidal transformer. I'm confused about Gen 3:rolleyes:.

ESS will have new ES9038 pro DAC chip on top-
ESS Technology :: ES9038PRO

It sets a new benchmark for audio excellence with the industrys highest dynamic range (DNR), up to 140dB, in a 32-bit, 8-channel DAC.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back