Launch of Fox TV on Tata Sky

vishalj

Hi friends,

Today I was surprised to find two new channels added on my Tata sky bouquet of channels. FX and Fox Crime channels on Channel No. 203 and No. 217 respectively.

Also, they were airing an advertisement stating that FOX TV ASIA has 8 HD channels namely Star World, Star Movies, National Geographic, FX, Fox Crime, Fox History and Entertainment and two others (I don't remember them). But it didn't say on which DTH service provider they would be available.

Am keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see Tata Sky launching their HD service soon (including these channels) :)

Also, they were airing an advertisement stating that FOX TV ASIA has 8 HD channels namely Star World, Star Movies, National Geographic, FX, Fox Crime, Fox History and Entertainment and two others (I don't remember them). But it didn't say on which DTH service provider they would be available.

Am keeping my fingers crossed and hope to see Tata Sky launching their HD service soon (including these channels) :)
TataSky will be launching HD services in July/August and latest by September. The launching of these HD channels, except for 'National Geographic HD' on the other hand, is an issue dependent on permission from the Indian government to downlink these channels in India. Considering the very long, over 250 channels, list of channels, pending for government clearance, it may be along time before any DTH company will be able to carry these channels. 'ESPN HD', 'HBO HD' & 'Disney HD' are the channels most likely to be launched first. So far only 'Discovery HD' & 'National Geographic HD' have permission to downlink in India.

With Sky,

Tata sky should have launched their HD service by now... I mean whoever bought Tatasky has been waiting for so long for them to upgrade... and it looks like they have been waiting to see how the reaction is for HD and then started the process...

Well whatever has happend, I have not bought HD till not, is because I still am waiting for Tatasky HD, I have HUGE expectation from them...

If not HD services I am sure they can have the exclusive agreements like Dish HD has with ESPN for FIFA and bring a ton of Events in HD for the viewers in India... :clapping:

Can't wait for the HD channels on Tata sky.hope they don't kill us by charging more initially else it might deter me to really own.already got three Tata STB including plus......hope they give me a discount atleast for being loyal:)

I am sure they can have the exclusive agreements like Dish HD has with ESPN for FIFA
What is the point of this agreement, exclusive or otherwise? According to TWO seperate Dish TV dealers, who confirmed it with the NCR sales headof DIsh TV, the actual HD service and set-top boxes will not be launched until sometime next month. By the way, the FIFA World Cup ends on the 11th of July. This happens only in India. :)

What is the point of this agreement, exclusive or otherwise? According to TWO seperate Dish TV dealers, who confirmed it with the NCR sales headof DIsh TV, the actual HD service and set-top boxes will not be launched until sometime next month. By the way, the FIFA World Cup ends on the 11th of July. This happens only in India. :)

Dish HD is supposed to be launched within a week.

Dish HD is supposed to be launched within a week.
What is your source of information and how can you be sure it is confirmed?
Yesterday I called two dealers to have Dish HD installed, they said it is not launched yet and upon my arguing that it has been, one of them called the NCR head of Sales and put me on conference call. The Sales head said that Dish HD will notbe launched anytime before next month. If you call Customer Service, that is the same thing they state.

interesting, any idea which ones? any sniff of a launch? I can't believe these guys missed out on launching before the world cup.

Well no idea about which channels are those three channels,since they are scrambled ,but they are in MPEG4 format.but TS is probably targeting a launch before the 2010 CWG.

Well i think all the DTH companies are going to miss out the world cup.SUN dth,BIG tv are yet to launch ESPN HD and Dish tv are yet to even launch the HD stbs .

Last edited:
What is your source of information and how can you be sure it is confirmed?
Yesterday I called two dealers to have Dish HD installed, they said it is not launched yet and upon my arguing that it has been, one of them called the NCR head of Sales and put me on conference call. The Sales head said that Dish HD will notbe launched anytime before next month. If you call Customer Service, that is the same thing they state.

^That's odd.

No, it's not confirmed. I had just read (many) news reports that it'd come in the second week of june.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back