LCD-LED comparable to Panasonic 50V20

hello
Am thinking of the panny 50V20 .. whats is the price thats being quoted... i agree that plasma have a greater black depth compared to the " SO CALLED LED " ..

The DP is 118K. If there is a chance and you bargain well you could get it for 112k.

Well it ain't silly and they are rather well informed ,but when they paid 80k or so for the plasma and it goes kaput in 2 years.
It is a one off case and this is definately not the norm for Plasmas. You really think if all Plasmas were failing within 2 yrs, the product would still be around? I personally have several Plasma TVs in my family & friends circle and not one of them has any such issues even after 4 - 5 yrs in some cases.

Well it ain't silly and they are rather well informed ,but when they paid 80k or so for the plasma and it goes kaput in 2 years.

It's a one-off. My Philips 7422D LCD cost me 90k back in 2007, and wouldn't you know it - cost me 7k to repair in June 2009. Just out of warranty. I'm not going around telling everyone to swear off LCDs now, am I?
:p

It is a one off case and this is definately not the norm for Plasmas. You really think if all Plasmas were failing within 2 yrs, the product would still be around? I personally have several Plasma TVs in my family & friends circle and not one of them has any such issues even after 4 - 5 yrs in some cases.

Most of the cinema halls like PVR are using plasma panels for over 5 years that are running non stop and have not faced any issues.

My Q9 is over 3 years old and never faced any issues till now and it is going strong.

A lot depends on the quality of parts used and the manufacturer.

I feel the earlier palsma models were more durable and reliable. The latest models are now coming with reduced pricing, different type of panels and features, all this also makes the pricing more competitive and attractive to lure new buyers so it will have its own pros and cons.

IMO with new technological advancements coming up everyday TV manufacturers would also not want customers to keep holding on to their TVs for longer period.

It's a one-off. My Philips 7422D LCD cost me 90k back in 2007, and wouldn't you know it - cost me 7k to repair in June 2009. Just out of warranty. I'm not going around telling everyone to swear off LCDs now, am I?
:p

No one said all plasma fail:p ,but the person who migrated to a lcd from a plasma didn't want to buy another plasma,which was written in bold letters.

Last edited:
Which person and what "bold letters" are you referring to? In any case, how is what one person did or did not want to do, relevant to this thread.

well in another forum ,well anyway you where the one who dragged to off topic by by saying its silly reason.

Again the main point i made was the rated life of both lcd and plasma panel are probably hyped ,since the electronics can easily go kaput well before the panel does.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back