LCD TV beginner's assistance

Renny2077

On a whim, I purchased a Panasonic TH-L32S10 yesterday for an attractive price and freebies. Now, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to LCD TVs. This is my first one. The TV is in its original as I'm waiting for the technician to come, unpack, and install it for me.

Couple of questions:
1. Stand or wall-mount? I guess its personal preference. Wonder if the technician will do the wall-mounting is asked.
2. Standby or turn off when not in use?
3. General cleaning and maintenance advice if any.
4. General calibration advice?
5. Any special requests to the technician?

Thanks

1. Stand or wall-mount? I guess its personal preference. Wonder if the technician will do the wall-mounting is asked.

Wall-mounting is usually free.

2. Standby or turn off when not in use?

TV's still consume power (albeit a small amount) when they are on stdby. Really up to you..
3. General cleaning and maintenance advice if any.

Don't worry about it too much. Wipe it with one of those soft cloth kinda things. I'm not sure what they're called, but they come with spectacles. Otherwise, you can get screen wipes from a store nearby. A pack of a 100 should cost about Rs250.

4. General calibration advice?

Pointless, unless you plan to watch Blu-Ray discs and/or and not satisfied with the current performance. Get a calibration disc otherwise.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back