LEAKED! Intel Ivy Bridge Laptop by Asus

corElement

Looks like this asus zenbook is going to be a standard setter if they manage to pull it off.

Asus Zenbook UX31A and UX21A coming soon with Ivy Bridge, WiDi, matte Full HD IPS display, and backlit keyboard | The Verge

IPS options on both 11 and 13" at full HD resolution meaning they'll have to seriously step up their PPI.

Granted, just saying IPS means nothing till it's tested because if it's anything like the HP envy IPS panels, there's some serious color issues with their IPS panels.

I currently use a Lenovo x220 with an IPS panel which notebookcheck.com rated as the best laptop screen available so I'm happy. Plus full hd on a 12" screen will be very hard to see. Definitely a little jealous but end of the day I think a thinkpad is a thinkpad, cant beat it's keyboard and functionality.

What about you guys, how do you guys feel about this bit of standard changing information.

I personally feel that if apple does not meet this ultrabooks standard in terms of weight screen and battery life and people still buy the apple if they provide subpar parts compared to this it will be quite sad and hold back the laptop market from advancing. But if the ipad3 is any sign of things to come, the new mac laptops should have a retina display.

I personally feel that if apple does not meet this ultrabooks standard in terms of weight screen and battery life and people still buy the apple if they provide subpar parts compared to this it will be quite sad and hold back the laptop market from advancing. But if the ipad3 is any sign of things to come, the new mac laptops should have a retina display.

Jony Ive

... for apple, its "I've been there ... done that..."
they look at new avenues and may not venture again on on the same turf.
They too seems to be on the same path as intel's "TICK" and "TOCK", introduce new and refresh the olds.

And btw. People will still buy even after this is flooded in the market at half the price of what apple has to offer.
Things and the world may change, but Apples' people never change.

puff.. apple had given Macbook air may be 4 years back ..light notebook long battery life
so whatz Asus done big here ?? these bananas are never charming as Apples no matter u make smoothie or milkshake from these

Dont talk about IPs screen the china factories are flooded with these
dont talk about widi etc/Full HD , every slim notebook will have these as they are the trend

what i see is these guys have spotted a small market segment where tabs and netbooks dont fill ...
new processor ?? ok a good thingy ,it will enjoy a market slot like atom ,

people have put huge pages of intel Atom+Nvidia reviews ,now no one cares about this
they sell cheaper than a funky watch
so what is the point :
what is the BIG innovation here ... answer will make many people happy if it is there .
it has selling point: good for people who travel with work or holiday laptop

personally i feel bad even to work with 14 incher office laptop, so if it is 12 inch soon i will get specs of 'babubhai aapte'

Jony Ive

... for apple, its "I've been there ... done that..."
they look at new avenues and may not venture again on on the same turf.
They too seems to be on the same path as intel's "TICK" and "TOCK", introduce new and refresh the olds.

And btw. People will still buy even after this is flooded in the market at half the price of what apple has to offer.
Things and the world may change, but Apples' people never change.

Yeah, I know and it's pretty messed up. I suppose the only excuse is the OS.

OT but how much is the x220 selling for in India?

--G

I think around 55k but they dont sell IPS in india other than tablet model afaik.

also

GOBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long time no see!!! :D

puff.. apple had given Macbook air may be 4 years back ..light notebook long battery life
so whatz Asus done big here ?? these bananas are never charming as Apples no matter u make smoothie or milkshake from these

Dont talk about IPs screen the china factories are flooded with these

dont talk about widi etc/Full HD , every slim notebook will have these as they are the trend

what i see is these guys have spotted a small market segment where tabs and netbooks dont fill ...
new processor ?? ok a good thingy ,it will enjoy a market slot like atom ,

people have put huge pages of intel Atom+Nvidia reviews ,now no one cares about this
they sell cheaper than a funky watch

so what is the point what is the BIG innovation here ... answer will make many people happy if it is there .
it has selling point: good for people who travel with work or holiday laptop

personally i feel bad even to work with 14 incher office laptop, so if it is 12 inch soon i will get specs of 'babubhai aapte'

ROFL!!!!!!
Are you trolling us?

The MBA...it's an ultralow voltage cpu..these are full voltage..

99% of laptops use TN panels. Where do you see laptops flooded with IPS panels? AFAIK the only laptops which use IPS in 2011 are

x220
HP envy15 <- is a 15"
HP dreamcolor <- SUPER expensive
Lenovo w700 <- SUPER expensive
1 model of LG xnote <- Only available in korea I believe.

What panel would you like to talk if IPS is taboo to you? There's only one 11" laptop with full HD and that too is a TN panel and that is a sony z series which costs a BOMB.
What would you like to talk about if not full hd ips on a 11 and 13"? I am MOST curious to know.

Widi is a wireless streaming technology of intel core i3 5 7 cpu's to only 3 known devices in the world ONLY. It has nothing to do with a notebook being slim or fat.
What is this trend are you talking about?

Also..Ivy bridge will enjoy a market slot like atom??????????

..........lol

Now I know why you're an apple fan.....
I humbly request you to please read up and be informed prior to making statements such as..... ivy bridge will enjoy a market segment atom has.. lol.
IVY Bridge is the replacement for sandy bridge. All apples and pc's alike will be on ivy bridge in 2 months...
It offers nearly 35% boost in performance + battery life along with near double the integrated graphic performance without an on motherboard gpu or external gpu.

For the sake of 'babubhai aapte' please be aware of what you're talking about before making such bold statements man..

ohhh! to babubhai aap the?

lol man, it's just sad.

Last edited:
i was talking about innovation, you did not answer that !

Ips panels--most 150USD china tabs use these

Laptops dont use because there is no need to have IPs

Ok new transistor technology--
some things will change by default
better video/processing power,low power consumption

will it replace normal laptop :NOOOO , tiny screen,tiny KB
will it give better performance: No ,power optimized scaled down cpu model
does it cost less : NO... may be 60k+ ;(
May be it gives many days of backup:????
final : So is it a slim laptop , with drastically better features ...HMmm..?

Come on work in 11 inch-12 inch for an hour with xls/doc only ..
eye pain /head pain will be a gift
I have no issues with IVY br /ips/ASUS/intel also no special Apple-ship
but i respect apple innovative power

Last edited:
i was talking about innovation, you did not answer that !

Ips panels--most 150USD china tabs use these.
Laptops dont use because there is no need to have IPs

Ok new transistor technology--
some things will change by default
better video/processing power,low power consumption.

will it replace normal laptop :NOOOO , tiny screen,tiny KB
will it give better performance: No ,power optimized scaled down cpu model
does it cost less : NO... may be 60k+ ;(

May be it gives many days of backup:????
final : So is it a slim laptop , with drastically better features ...HMmm..?

Come on work in 11 inch-12 inch for an hour with xls/doc only ..
eye pain /head pain will be a gift

I have no issues with IVY br /ips/ASUS/intel also no special Apple-ship
but i respect apple innovative power

Lets sum it up

You don't want good viewing angles
You dont want good color reproduction
You dont want extreme battery backup through cpu efficiency and die size reduction
You dont want to talk about IPS displays on laptops because "chinese tablets use them and laptops supposedly dont need them acc to you"
You dont want to talk about widi based desktop extension capabilities (because you think it's a trend)
You dont want full hd screens on laptops with higher pixels per inch
You dont want a reduction in thickness of a laptop
You dont want drastically better features on a pre-existing form factor
You dont want template driven cost effective keyboard solutions for multiple laptop sizes
You dont want atoms because you think they're cheap (which is what they were exactly meant to be)
You dont want pages of reviews online about atoms because theyre not powerful enough
You dont want slim small computers because you think they're for travel/holiday
You dont want high performance ultraportables with drastically better features

Yet you want innovation?

I work 12 hours a day on a 12" IPS screen and a thinkpad keyboard (the same keyboard used in their 14 and 15" models without any size change so no, it's not tiny)

WITHOUT any sort of headache or sore eyes. And honestly this is where resolution, ergonomics,weight and IPS come into play and I am thankful
to god I dont have to charge for 12 hours per charge and very much looking forward to battery backup for days even if you're not.

So I kindly request you...please be respectful of other people's requirements.
If something is not innovative to you, it does not mean it is not innovative to other people who can put to use the advancements made (which you do not consider to be advancements)

A good example is a pentile vs non pentile phone display.

Last edited:
Windows 8 is on its way.
Surprising to see new launches for Win 7.

And without tuch screen, windows 8 is a pain.

Yeah, I know and it's pretty messed up. I suppose the only excuse is the OS.

I think around 55k but they dont sell IPS in india other than tablet model afaik.

also

GOBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long time no see!!! :D

Yoohooo! <Waves> :cheers:

But you forgot to tell me the price ... :eek:hyeah:

Windows 8 is on its way.

I looked out of the window.. I didn't see it coming ... which way did it go? :rolleyes:

--G0bble

Yoohooo! <Waves> :cheers:

But you forgot to tell me the price ... :eek:hyeah:

I looked out of the window.. I didn't see it coming ... which way did it go? :rolleyes:

--G0bble

Price of the x220 tablet in india is around 1 lakh but honestly you should get a friend to order one for you from the lenovo website with discount and bring it with him to india as it has global warranty.

Lenovo - Laptop computers - ThinkPad X220

Totally not worth getting it in india and its just 1.4 kg so you can definitely consider it. Right not there are heavy discounts in the us as theyre trying to get rid of surplus sandy bridge based laptops.

Lets sum it up

You don't want good viewing angles
You dont want good color reproduction
You dont want extreme battery backup through cpu efficiency and die size reduction
You dont want to talk about IPS displays on laptops because "chinese tablets use them and laptops supposedly dont need them acc to you"
You dont want to talk about widi based desktop extension capabilities (because you think it's a trend)
You dont want full hd screens on laptops with higher pixels per inch
You dont want a reduction in thickness of a laptop
You dont want drastically better features on a pre-existing form factor
You dont want template driven cost effective keyboard solutions for multiple laptop sizes
You dont want atoms because you think they're cheap (which is what they were exactly meant to be)
You dont want pages of reviews online about atoms because theyre not powerful enough
You dont want slim small computers because you think they're for travel/holiday
You dont want high performance ultraportables with drastically better features

Yet you want innovation?

I work 12 hours a day on a 12" IPS screen and a thinkpad keyboard (the same keyboard used in their 14 and 15" models without any size change so no, it's not tiny)

WITHOUT any sort of headache or sore eyes. And honestly this is where resolution, ergonomics,weight and IPS come into play and I am thankful
to god I dont have to charge for 12 hours per charge and very much looking forward to battery backup for days even if you're not.

So I kindly request you...please be respectful of other people's requirements.
If something is not innovative to you, it does not mean it is not innovative to other people who can put to use the advancements made (which you do not consider to be advancements)

A good example is a pentile vs non pentile phone display.

itz just another slim laptop with 60k+ price tag ,that does not replace the real laptops : does this make common people excited ?

ok IPS/GPS/XPs all we want .. even we want ferrari ,
question is wheather common people can buy it at that price? if not what so special about this ?

Dont advocate mini screens.... PEOPLE USING NETBOOKs know how they are ,
"you can watch Avatar in ipod nano " .. does it mean itis as good as 40 inch TV

Ok last one , "Awesome battery backup" --- How many days ,wow 12Hours hehe motorola xoom tap goes 13Hours
is that X-citing feature for 60K?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back