LG 42 inch new model - Any reviews of LG 42LN5710

Bought it from Croma. You can get it from LG Shoppe too... The extended warranty was from Croma not LG. The LG extended warranty is I think 7k a year.

I have also purchased this model last Friday from Reliance Mart (Digital). Everything looks fine. However I can see that there is some audio sync issue with this model. While playing on normal SD STB (Airtel), the sound is a little out of sync with the picture.... sound coming earlier than the picture.... however when I connect it with my home theater system, this sync issue becomes quite significant. I have tried to adjust the settings of Audio Sync that's available under the settings menu. It helps reduce the sync issue to some extent... but if I stop and play again... the sync issue becomes evident again with the same 'sync setting' being shown under the menu.
If anybody can suggest anything to rectify this....

I dint find any huge sync issues. Both on DTH and the movies I played. Right now watching a movie and the PQ is amazing and sync is not an issue for me. At least not enough for me to notice.

I have hooked my Edifier C2 2.1 speakers for now to watch movies. Far better than the TV speakers.

P.S. I am not a huge audiophile, so as long as the sound has good texture and volume and I can hear the little sound details I am fine.

I dint find any huge sync issues. Both on DTH and the movies I played. Right now watching a movie and the PQ is amazing and sync is not an issue for me. At least not enough for me to notice.

I have hooked my Edifier C2 2.1 speakers for now to watch movies. Far better than the TV speakers.

P.S. I am not a huge audiophile, so as long as the sound has good texture and volume and I can hear the little sound details I am fine.

Thanks for your feedback. In fact very strangely I also can't find much of sync issue any more as such. When using TV speaker, if I set the Audio Sync 'off' it works almost perfectly now. However if I use my home theater system as sount output, then this sync issue surfaces. But then if I set the Audio Synch to 'on' with 'bypass' option checked, then so such sync issue any more.

So relatively it's quite better now than the initial experience.

Picked up the 47 inch model; It's pretty awesome, don't have any issues of sound that's being reported here or other places. A few quick things.

1. Upscaler is damn good. I am watching SD, which looks as good as on a plasma. I was thinking of getting an HD box, but this is good enough. In fact my Toshiba 32 is a so lousy in front of this.
2. There is a bit clouding, but only visible with the LG logo not other wise.
3. Pretty fast with Smart TV functions.
4. Time Machine is pretty awesome, recording Live TV, can't beat that.
5. Very good sound quality. Around 15 to 20 is more than sufficient in a room with a ceiling fan running at 4.

If you have some questions I can try and answer them.

Picked up the 47 inch model; It's pretty awesome, don't have any issues of sound that's being reported here or other places. A few quick things.

1. Upscaler is damn good. I am watching SD, which looks as good as on a plasma. I was thinking of getting an HD box, but this is good enough. In fact my Toshiba 32 is a so lousy in front of this.
2. There is a bit clouding, but only visible with the LG logo not other wise.
3. Pretty fast with Smart TV functions.
4. Time Machine is pretty awesome, recording Live TV, can't beat that.
5. Very good sound quality. Around 15 to 20 is more than sufficient in a room with a ceiling fan running at 4.

If you have some questions I can try and answer them.

Sir can u post some pics of your tv showing sd channel.

I bought this TV from Bangkok last month.
Picture quality is very good. Plays full HD with amazingly well. Was pretty impressed with the Smart features, and builtin wifi. Plex worked like a charm and could stream movies right from my laptop to the tv.
Audio is just ok. Delivers a 20W audio output. Don't expect it to be amazing. Its just ok
HDMI connection works well, "just scan" aspect adjusts the computer display perfectly.

Sadly, this week , the built in WiFi (one feature I loved the most) seems to have stopped working. It tries to scan for the network and fails with a message asking you to check if the network cable or AP is alright. Sometimes it connects, but disconnects within a minute or so. Tried the software update, factory reset etc. but still doesn't work. So, without WiFi, i am unable to stream anything directly from the internet, no DLNA either. Wired network works fine, but i don't have a router next to it to pull a cable right into it. My WiFi router works just fine, all my other devices connect to it just fine.

Called the LG customer care, but they dont know jack. They keep asking me what dongle am i using? i keep telling them that the TV has a BUILTIN WiFi. They just don't get it. LG should hire technically better reps. :indifferent14:

I bought this TV from Bangkok last month.
Picture quality is very good. Plays full HD with amazingly well. Was pretty impressed with the Smart features, and builtin wifi. Plex worked like a charm and could stream movies right from my laptop to the tv.
Audio is just ok. Delivers a 20W audio output. Don't expect it to be amazing. Its just ok
HDMI connection works well, "just scan" aspect adjusts the computer display perfectly.

Sadly, this week , the built in WiFi (one feature I loved the most) seems to have stopped working. It tries to scan for the network and fails with a message asking you to check if the network cable or AP is alright. Sometimes it connects, but disconnects within a minute or so. Tried the software update, factory reset etc. but still doesn't work. So, without WiFi, i am unable to stream anything directly from the internet, no DLNA either. Wired network works fine, but i don't have a router next to it to pull a cable right into it. My WiFi router works just fine, all my other devices connect to it just fine.

Called the LG customer care, but they dont know jack. They keep asking me what dongle am i using? i keep telling them that the TV has a BUILTIN WiFi. They just don't get it. LG should hire technically better reps. :indifferent14:
Escalte and insist on sending senior techanical representative ... I had another issue
, and they sent a guys from their company R & d department, and those were good... But fortunately it was possible as I stay in pune and lg company is in pune ... But in ur caae, escalate and it sgud work ...all the best...

Escalte and insist on sending senior techanical representative ... I had another issue
, and they sent a guys from their company R & d department, and those were good... But fortunately it was possible as I stay in pune and lg company is in pune ... But in ur caae, escalate and it sgud work ...all the best...

Ok, so the LG guy came over yesterday, and checked the tv. He suspected that its a router issue as my tv is upstairs and my router is down in the living.

We brought the tv down to the living and it showed the same problem with connection.
Then he did an In_Stop! Voila it connects like a charm now :yahoo:. In_Stop is available in service menu , and does a factory reset a little different than what you can do from the user menu. I apparently reloads all the drives and stuff.

And another important thing, My tv does not have an international warranty! And the guy says, if by any chance the mother board gets faulty, there will be no way to replace it. Though same tv is manufactured in India, the boards and the connections might differ from plant to plant. So one from Thailand might not be a direct fit to the tv in India. What do u guys think about this? So i get this box conked up, there would be no way to fix it?

Does anybody know if the lg service menu explorer on android market works with our tv?

I am interested in buying 42LA6200

The stores are quoting 75K.. may come down to 71K but I see the online price is 66.4K. Can anyone confirm which is the best price in stores (Bangalore) or should I get into online horror shopping?

LG Full HD Cinema 3D LED TV 42LA6200 Price: Buy LG Full HD Cinema 3D LED TV 42LA6200 Online in India - Infibeam.com

Also, Did anyone get the Flexi Mount Wall Bracket????

This thread is about the 5710. You might want to try elsewhere or open your own thread.

what is the best deal price for this tv ?
i checked this out in lg showroom in bengaluru, they quoted 58.5k ?:sad:

Hi...how is it compared to samsung 40f5500 and panasonic 42e6d. I did see samsung 40f5500 is much brighter than 42ln5710 in one of the croma store..may be the lighting was more on samsung..not sure..how do you all see the brightness of lg model.

how is movie watching experience with lights off.

also is it safe to buy online of this model?(infibeam/snapdeal)

i compared this with panasonic 6d and samsung 5500 side by side. the natural color render is better in lg n panasonic compared to samsung.

l felt if tv is on for a while , then felt some heat in samsung not in lg n panasonic.

samsung offers hw/sw upgrade , not sure if its applicable to just 3D. not sure if this is valid with lg and panasonic.

if you compare panasonic and lg side by side its difficult, lg offers some good features like time machine,auto usb play,magic remote{ extra} which are missing in panasonic.

Hi...how is it compared to samsung 40f5500 and panasonic 42e6d. I did see samsung 40f5500 is much brighter than 42ln5710 in one of the croma store..may be the lighting was more on samsung..not sure..how do you all see the brightness of lg model.

how is movie watching experience with lights off.

also is it safe to buy online of this model?(infibeam/snapdeal)
Brightness will look low in LG coz of the IPS panel... samsung sony use VA panel (read the difference in google).
however... the brighness is not low. U bring the tv home and u wont find any issues.

buying online is a waste of time. it should be done only for stuffs upto 15k.

i compared this with panasonic 6d and samsung 5500 side by side. the natural color render is better in lg n panasonic compared to samsung.

l felt if tv is on for a while , then felt some heat in samsung not in lg n panasonic.

samsung offers hw/sw upgrade , not sure if its applicable to just 3D. not sure if this is valid with lg and panasonic.

if you compare panasonic and lg side by side its difficult, lg offers some good features like time machine,auto usb play,magic remote{ extra} which are missing in panasonic.
Yes LG and Pana gives true colors... Samsung Sony have a polished view...
All smart tv have an option of software upgrade... hardware upgrade is very restricted and is a marketing gimmic

Hi Friends,

Does anybody have any feedback for this LG model 42LN5710 ?
Looks to be a new model released recently and the features look pretty good for the price (around 58K).
LG 42LN5710 Full HD Smart LED TV | LG Electronics IN

Thanks in advance!

Wassup buddy!! I just bought the lg 42 inhes, i neva wanted a 3d but a smart tv!! So i opted for this one, it has got amazing picture quality, with IPS panel, wifi, high motion stability etc and smart TV as well!! Sound is actually pretty decent all u have to do is play around with the settings, if u put it on surround mode it will defo make a stupid sound effect, but u can always install a soundbar with it to give that amazing boost wid a 3.5mm available jack behind it!
For me, this works really good! I bought it for 60k from the authorised LG showroom in lajpat nagar with a smart motion remote worth 3k (complimentary)
Video - 9.5
Audio - 8
UI. - 9.5
Wifi. - 9
Overall its one if the best options if you dont wanna go for a 3d (headache) tv!

i can confirm that sound is not good.Atleast not what you would expect from a 60K led.The sound is actually without any BASS and you just get an idea by playin some music on your laptop and disable all bass.Yes it has less bass than my laptop speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back