LG 50PK550 or Samsung 50C550? Got to buy.

Buy LG 50PK550 or Samsung 50C500 at best price

• Total voters
Google Translate a very extensive review of the samsung 50 C550 set compared to last year model and is full of knowledge, and by the looks of it LG 50PK550 is stealing the show from samsung 50C550 since the buzz is not looking to leave samsung displays in the near future and it is so annoying, anyone who is saying it is not, is fooling himself and others, LG still has the most reflective panels on the market. but that is controllable, but controlling the buzz is not in the hands of the consumer

Very strong words, Preet27. While buzzing has been reported as a problem with some Samsung plasmas, it's not fair to accuse people who's sets don't buzz of fooling themselves and others. One of the forum members has just bought a C550 and he's not heard any buzz.

Google Translate a very extensive review of the samsung 50 C550 set compared to last year model and is full of knowledge, and by the looks of it LG 50PK550 is stealing the show from samsung 50C550 since the buzz is not looking to leave samsung displays in the near future and it is so annoying, anyone who is saying it is not, is fooling himself and others, LG still has the most reflective panels on the market. but that is controllable, but controlling the buzz is not in the hands of the consumer

Hi Preet, You are welcome to my home for audition of my B450 plasma and get yourself fooled that there is no buzzing sound.

I don't know where the reviewers get such things. I have never heard anyone complain any buzzing in INDIA. Maybe the manufacturing unit is good.

okay i don't know why my words are taken out of context in this forum, first in the LG thread and now here, if u were to read what i wrote again nowhere have i mentioned that all sammy's are buzzers and that all are fools who own a sammy

what i said was and i quote "the buzz is not looking to leave samsung displays in the near future and it is so annoying, anyone who is saying it is not, is fooling himself and others" now this statement if you people can read clearly clearly is meant for people who have buzzers but want to stay in denial and go on to say that it is a non issue and that the person who finds it irritating is being over sensitive.

It was not meant for those who own a buzz free plasma. I guess people like to jump to conclusion and like to throw their weight around just like everywhere else in India and here is no exception i guess, it might be true that u are very knowledgeable people in this regard and i don't have any knowledge for that matter, but one should at least read and interpret before commenting.

Also, FYKI the word used was fooling and if you can check the dictionary you will find that a person fooling himself carries the same meaning as to someone being in denial.

Thanks Anyways

Last edited:
Has anyone reported the new samsung C450 as a buzzer?
In the showroom while demoing it i couldnt hear any buzz but want to be sure.

The poll is for Mumbai but anyone interested in exporting welcome.

Best prices:

LG -> 61 - 63K
Samsung -> 68 - 73K

It's Samsung 50C550. My mistake. How do I edit the poll?

Last edited:
Re: LG 50PK550 booked - Mumbai

Booked an LG 50PK550 along with another forum member. Got a sweet deal.

Delivery next week.

At last I can sleep!

Now for a bluray player. Holding on to it for some time.

Guys,

As by now few members have demo-ed and few others have purchased either of the subject plasmas, can somenow do a side by side comparision of 50PK550 and 50CC550. I am confused on which one to buy. I have a LG LCD and not too much inclined towards LG now. However the popular choice on forum seems to be LG 50PK. As price difference is not much, I would not give any points on price or service for that matter. Just a pure comparision based on features and performance.

Can someone help decide ?

No Idea about Samsung 50C550 PQ but I love LG Plasma now.
Got it for over 3 days now and seems quality is improving after initial hours of running.

Combined it with Xtremer and with optical to Sony DZ 510 and HDMi to Plasma and changed a few settings from Old Sony LCD to new one and blast the quality is amazing.

Also this is 11.5 K cheaper than samsung one. I got LG for 61,500 and Samsung was quoted for 73 K . I think the difference would be the lan connectivity and file playing option in Samsung ( I dont need that any way as I have xtreamer ) .

Cheers.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back