LG gbc h20L for only 2500 - region setting?

anm

Hi
I went to nehru place today. Don't have much time to spend right now, but just wanted to share that this Blu ray drive was available at 24xx
Just a few questions:

If I use it with a comp, how will I be able to control the region setting? Can I make it region free?

Will it fit into the upcoming popcorn hour?

regards

EDIT: It also has light scribe, and can burn cd, dvd.

Last edited:
2400 something for 24xx. Don't remember exact price. Yes it is in INR. It is a SATA drive for use with comp.

2400 something for 24xx. Don't remember exact price. Yes it is in INR. It is a SATA drive for use with comp.

Hey great info. Thanks .. actually xx and xxx gave me some wrong impression! ( U Naughty boy!)

Jokes apart myself too want to ask same questions....or to summerize

IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUILD A REGION FREE HDMI & HD AUDIO OUTPUT BLU-RAY PLAYER BASED ON PC AND BLU-RAYROM/WRITER DRIVE?

Yes, it is POSSIBLE

Why are SW made for?Like for reglocked DVD rom/Wt ,software must be available with like Power DVD9.It is easy to play on BD-rom.

Last edited:
Yes, it is POSSIBLE

Why are SW made for?Like for reglocked DVD rom/Wt ,software must be available with like Power DVD9.It is easy to play on BD-rom.

DO NOT ASSUME.
Give us links as people say it is EASY to crack everything but surprisingly I NEVER found a carcked Blu-Ray PS3 games on net.

In my research I did not find much.

Also need to find out a person who is actually implemented it. Reviews ,wattage figures gives one picture and real world gives another. One of our member gor berestford DAC after reading the reviews. After some time it was available for discounted sale...:)

Also BR is built on tight security which I read is 2 way ,ie some chips in TV which can resist piracy..is it true???

There MAY be software but need to find out which is effective and future proof. As a lot of BD players have LAN connectors - I feel that this is one measure of security by S/W comapanies.

Also BR is essentialy a sony backed idea. A lot of sony ideas were Highly incompatible and propritary type. In fact incited of opening their source code ,sony let the idea to be a flop...SACD,ATRAC,UMD,Memory Stick,MD,Betamax,
the list is limitless... that is why I am worried. Also sony was

anyway you know about sony was accused of putting malware ( a type of virus) on their CD's Just to protect copyright? Read this

Sony BMG CD copy protection scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Sony BMG CD copy protection scandal concerns the copy protection measures included by Sony BMG on compact discs in 2005. Sony BMG included the Extended Copy Protection (XCP) and MediaMax CD-3 software on music CDs. XCP was put on 52 titles[1] and MediaMax was put on 50 titles.[2] This software was automatically installed on Windows desktop computers when customers tried to play the CDs. The software interferes with the normal way in which the Microsoft Windows operating system plays CDs by installing a rootkit which creates vulnerabilities for other malware to exploit. This was discovered and publicly revealed by Mark Russinovich on the Sysinternals blog.

As a result, a number of parties have filed lawsuits against Sony BMG; the company ended up recalling all the affected CDs; and greater public attention was drawn to the issue of commercially-backed spyware and rootkits. Additionally, further investigation revealed that Sony had created its copyright protection software, in part, using LAME code written by Jon Lech Johansen, violating its GPL license.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back