LG PQ70.....best buy this Diwali???

@jsanand

I was able to find a comparable deal in hyderabad.

PQ60.
40,400 last price @ LG BEST Madhinaguda (Miyapur)
Same price @ LG BEST Road No 12 Banjara Hills.

PQ70.
42.5k @ LG BEST Madhinaguda (Miyapur)
Not available else where.

The guy@ Madhinaguda said that he will try to give me the 50 free DVDs pack if possible and that there was an offer which got over by diwali. If he is able to do that it is an excellent deal.

Even otherwise I think it is a good deal as 1000/- deviation from delhi prices in hyd is acceptable.

Got an excellent deal of PQ60 at 38.7K in Hyd. It is yet to be delivered and installed. Will connect with my friend and revert with the dealer from where he picked it.

Seems Delhi is costlier than Hyd ;)

Is the PQ70 discontinued? Can't find it around Mumbai.

i dont think so..just a couple of weeks since they started posting its advertisements (highlighted amongst other models) in Times etc. dealers may not be promoting plasmas as usual, for the reasons they knows better.

Got an excellent deal of PQ60 at 38.7K in Hyd. It is yet to be delivered and installed. Will connect with my friend and revert with the dealer from where he picked it.

That IS a great price. :cool:
Also can you ask your friend as to whether the dealer has PQ70 in display? And the price he is quoting for that?

Is 38.7 with finance option? My dealer was quoting 40.4k with 15k downpayment in rest in 8 EMIs.

Last edited:
Is the PQ70 discontinued? Can't find it around Mumbai.

I guess there is an acute shortage for PQ70. It is not discontinued, its just that its in demand (more than what they anticipated).
(Somewhere in this forum someone quoted that the next batch of PQ70's will take about 2 months to arrive).

If you look around you should still find some store. Just make sure that it was NOT a showroom unit.

i dont think so..just a couple of weeks since they started posting its advertisements (highlighted amongst other models) in Times etc. dealers may not be promoting plasmas as usual, for the reasons they knows better.

<Sarcasm>
Plasma's have bad viewing angle and needs gas refilling ever few years, right :p
</sarcasm>

Some notes on Blue Tooth capabilities of PQ70.

Plays A2DP Stereo through bluetooth. You can connect your A2DP headset. The problem here is, The volume cannot be controlled via TV remote! You need to use the up/down buttons in the headset. Also in BT mode, you can NOT connect USB and play movie. (This is wierd!), The workaround is, connect the USB disk to your laptop and connect the laptop through VGA and then connect the BT headset. (So much for a bug in LG's design!)

Plays Mp3 from mobile phone through BT. I suppose it can be transfered to the receiver through audio out. So if you do not have a BT interface from your mobile to your receiver, this will be helpful.

Plays JPG images and flicks from your mobile. ;) You can delete ugly chicks from the mobile. :D

This set will be most helpful to guys who have a motorola S9 headset and A2DP enabled mobile phone.

Last edited:

Hey Anand, Any more deails on the dealer? Iam looking @ finalising early next month. Your input will help.

What do you mean? I am able to access serice menu on my PQ70. purchased couple of months back.

If you check in the AVSForums you will find that PQ6000 (and PQ60s) with firmware of 3.7 or above has the service menu feature disabled.
On my 3 weeks old PQ60, I cannot access the service menu no matter what I do... :(

Yup, However as I posted earlier, I got one of the newer batches of PQ60, with newer firmware. Apparently the above mentioned methods dont work in the newer firmware of PQ series.
(firmware v3.7 and above, if I recollect correctly)

Yup, However as I posted earlier, I got one of the newer batches of PQ60, with newer firmware. Apparently the above mentioned methods dont work in the newer firmware of PQ series.
(firmware v3.7 and above, if I recollect correctly)

I have also heard this. Looks like they have changed service menu shortcut. Keep searching on google, someone will crack this soon.

Just a word of Caution here. Make sure you guys get a new unit and not a display unit.
Follow the tips given @ http://www.hifivision.com/television/6512-checklist-avoid-buying-demo-piece-lcd-plasma-tv.html

The reason Im cautioning is that we cannot access the service menu on newer LG Plasmas (@least not without service remote)

So, If you can access the service menu, You can see the number of hours viewed.

If not it is a new one with the new firmware which did not have much time, after it is released, to be a display unit :D

Either way you are safe? ;)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back