Libertyshow Screen-Matt white- 6x8-120"

Correct me if I am wrong. But Projector screens to the best of my knowledge are not dutiable items because they are/can be got into the country as "Educational Material".

Another factor that comes to mind is the shipping costs as these are damn heavy, because of which costs must be huge.

Correct me if I am wrong. But Projector screens to the best of my knowledge are not dutiable items because they are/can be got into the country as "Educational Material".

Another factor that comes to mind is the shipping costs as these are damn heavy, because of which costs must be huge.

Santhosh,
Shipping cost are not more because of heavy, it is of oversized and it is considered as sports equipments package if you bring on your own in passenger plane, but potential for damage while coming in single piece.

If you put in cargo plane, you can save a lot, but potential for damage while coming in single piece... Distributor brings in container will not face damage issues and pays the normal duty or claim as indicated by you as Educational material.. But screen are not duty free items.......Especaily motorized...

Hi Friends,

I got the screen of silver grey installed and when i switched on,,Oh god,,, it has wrinklessssss,,,, horizontal in 5 to 6 places from the top to bottom exactly in centre measuring to 2 to 3 feet in the centre only... not running in full line,, funny..So Last thing is to inform the supplier to replace it,,, first i will pop some movies to test the capability of the screen,

Sorry i am not an technical expert to write the review,,, just some of the comments on my thought...

Done it,,,, I am happy with the colour depth,,It has a typical shift towards blue which gives a cool effect and makes it less brighness,,,, I am used to watching in matt white i can see brightness is down by atleast 20% ( with my setting mentioned below),, but very happy i am out of eye strain due to no reflection of light to maximum extent and also rejection of ambient light which were caused by my white wall..Due to this we are getting a cool clear picture.... By sitting from 4 feet i could watch bluray material in this screen which i could not do in matt white( due to high brightness in low mode itself) and 8 feet to 10 feet for SD material ... Spent today more than 4 to 5 hours guys assure that i never get strain in my eyes, as everybody knows it will reduce the brightness it has worked our faithfully. There are some emulsion or some kind of stuffs like silver(( instead of glass bead) or something has been sprayed to the material to enhance the gain... And no doubt it is doing its duty to some extent... :licklips:some Experts can you please clarify/ whether it is helping to give some 3 dimensional effect... :)

Since i have never popped my projector in high brightness and kept only in Low lamp mode / cinema mode and User setting to custom calibrated with help of Av forum above than warm and inbetween cool....Same setting i followed to test the screen and i am happy with the result except it reduces brightness what the grey is intended this particular silver grey screen, more gain is there from the normal grey which will be 0.8/0.9 or 1 and works out to pop the picture faithfully without loosing more brightness and giving 3 dimension image without much softness,,and never crushes the BLACK very badly.I. I have watched black scenes in my Blu ray discs and it is reproducing as black and not as grey.

Ultimate result is for long time HT users of Matt white,,, it will give a greater depth of picture clarity, but on the loss of brightness which can be adjusted to suit in the custom mode if necessary to watch some sports.

For first time HT users, if you have seen the matt white in demo or in friends house, u will be disapponted on buying for your own, but grey is really an good option to get used to in a small HT Room and particularly in Living room atmosphere with some ambient light and white wall and also have glass cupboards, and it will reject the reflecting light, hence we will get clear picture projected from the PJ.

Guys since i have earlier also tested the Matt white screen and posted the pics, request to take some time to review the pics and comment .

Note:::: Manu____ I need some photos from your end with the pics projected on your screen, can evaluate.. regards
::::: Santhosh___ We cant wait further,,, we need pics man,,,,,, go ahead... regards

Posting the photo links of wrinkles found on screen : Picasa Web Albums - srinivasan - 2009-10-24

Posting of matt white and grey shoot out::: Picasa Web Albums - srinivasan - 2009-10-24

EDIT NOTE : I JUST FORGOT TO TAKE SOME PICS WITH LIGHTS ON TO SEE HOW MUCH WASHOUT IS THERE IN PIC QUALITY... WILL DO IT TOMMOROW...

regards

Srini

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I got the screen of silver grey installed and when i switched on,,Oh god,,, it has wrinklessssss,,,, horizontal in 5 to 6 places from the top to bottom exactly in centre measuring to 2 to 3 feet in the centre only... not running in full line,, funny..So Last thing is to inform the supplier to replace it,,, first i will pop some movies to test the capability of the screen,

Sorry i am not an technical expert to write the review,,, just some of the comments on my thought...

Done it,,,, I am happy with the colour depth,,It has a typical shift towards blue which gives a cool effect and makes it less brighness,,,, I am used to watching in matt white i can see brightness is down by atleast 20% ( with my setting mentioned below),, but very happy i am out of eye strain due to no reflection of light to maximum extent and also rejection of ambient light which were caused by my white wall..Due to this we are getting a cool clear picture.... By sitting from 4 feet i could watch bluray material in this screen which i could not do in matt white( due to high brightness in low mode itself) and 8 feet to 10 feet for SD material ... Spent today more than 4 to 5 hours guys assure that i never get strain in my eyes, as everybody knows it will reduce the brightness it has worked our faithfully. There are some emulsion or some kind of stuffs like silver(( instead of glass bead) or something has been sprayed to the material to enhance the gain... And no doubt it is doing its duty to some extent... :licklips:some Experts can you please clarify/ whether it is helping to give some 3 dimensional effect... :)

Since i have never popped my projector in high brightness and kept only in Low lamp mode / cinema mode and User setting to custom calibrated with help of Av forum above than warm and inbetween cool....Same setting i followed to test the screen and i am happy with the result except it reduces brightness what the grey is intended this particular silver grey screen, more gain is there from the normal grey which will be 0.8/0.9 or 1 and works out to pop the picture faithfully without loosing more brightness and giving 3 dimension image without much softness,,and never crushes the BLACK very badly.I. I have watched black scenes in my Blu ray discs and it is reproducing as black and not as grey.

Ultimate result is for long time HT users of Matt white,,, it will give a greater depth of picture clarity, but on the loss of brightness which can be adjusted to suit in the custom mode.

For first time HT users, if you have seen the matt white in demo or in friends house, u will be disapponted on buying for your own, but grey is really an good option to get used to in a small room environment..

Guys since i have earlier also tested the Matt white screen and posted the pics, request to take some time to review the pics and comment .

Note:::: Manu____ I need some photos from your end with the pics projected on your screen, can evaluate.. regards
::::: Santhosh___ We cant wait further,,, we need pics man,,,,,, go ahead... regards

Posting the photo links of wrinkles found on screen : Picasa Web Albums - srinivasan - 2009-10-24

Posting of matt white and grey shoot out::: Picasa Web Albums - srinivasan - 2009-10-24

EDIT NOTE : I JUST FORGOT TO TAKE SOME PICS WITH LIGHTS ON TO SEE HOW MUCH WASHOUT IS THERE IN PIC QUALITY... WILL DO IT TOMMOROW...

regards

Srini
i'll post pictures sometime in near future and about wrinkles the only way to reduce is to replace your screen

Santhosh,

Any improvement in your case,,, waiting for the full blown pics..

Regards

Thanks Srini. I will be posting pictures in my thread in next 1 hour.

Hi Friends,
Done it,,,, I am happy with the colour depth,,It has a typical shift towards blue which gives a cool effect and makes it less brighness,,,, I am used to watching in matt white i can see brightness is down by atleast 20% ( with my setting mentioned below),, but very happy i am out of eye strain due to no reflection of light to maximum extent and also rejection of ambient light which were caused by my white wall..Due to this we are getting a cool clear picture.... ...................................................For first time HT users, if you have seen the matt white in demo or in friends house, u will be disapponted on buying for your own, but grey is really an good option to get used to in a small HT Room and particularly in Living room atmosphere with some ambient light and white wall and also have glass cupboards, and it will reject the reflecting light, hence we will get clear picture projected from the PJ.

..............Posting of matt white and grey shoot out::: Picasa Web Albums - srinivasan - 2009-10-24

Thanks for your detailed review Srini and am glad it has made such a huge difference in eye comfort. Please ensure you get a replacement ASAP. I know what to upgrade to the next time:)

Techn came for inspection today for my screen and accepted the facts and assured to replace it, however there is no 16:9 screens without wrinkes were availble in stock and they have only 4:3.
They have few which were already found out with wrinkles in stock...
Will wait for few days to get a reply from them.

Typical Indian vendor ridiculousness! How is it possible that they have only wrinkled screens in stock? I bet they knowingly bought wrinkled lot for cheap and trying to sell it off gullible buyers. Since srinisunder did not get fooled, they will now trying to get a genuine replacement for him. Good luck!

Typical Indian vendor ridiculousness! How is it possible that they have only wrinkled screens in stock? I bet they knowingly bought wrinkled lot for cheap and trying to sell it off gullible buyers. Since srinisunder did not get fooled, they will now trying to get a genuine replacement for him. Good luck!

Since 16:9 has not caught up here ( first of all projector + screen) and everybody in the forum also indicates that sourcing an 16:9 screen itself is difficult added up to these things. As you indicated They could have got a LOT of 16:9 which could have factory rejected with price less than XX of MRP and try to push to unknown customers.

Please note common customers ( schools / churches / Institutions) unless otherwise they are forum members like us they could not aware of the fact that screens will come without wrinkles... Vendor can easily indicate and push stating any rollable material will have straight lines since going a round over tubular material and for these customers straight line will not make sense except US....

Techn came for inspection today for my screen and accepted the facts and assured to replace it, however there is no 16:9 screens without wrinkes were availble in stock and they have only 4:3.
They have few which were already found out with wrinkles in stock...
Will wait for few days to get a reply from them.

Srini, is the silver screen material thick? Reason why I ask is, in my Panoview screen, the material feels very thick compared to many others that I had seen during my search. As a matter of fact, the Plasma tv that I have behind the Projector screen is jutting out by about an inch and thus pushing the screen's center portion a little. But I do not see any wrinkles because as the stiffness kind of corrects the rest of the screen to be straight. I hope I don't develop wrinkles because of this.

ps: Even before buying the TV, I had taken measurements at the showroom so as to mount the tv flush to the wall but the mount that was supplied with the TV turned out to be different, hence this problem:(.

Please note common customers ( schools / churches / Institutions) unless otherwise they are forum members like us they could not aware of the fact that screens will come without wrinkles... Vendor can easily indicate and push stating any rollable material will have straight lines since going a round over tubular material and for these customers straight line will not make sense except US....

You are absolutely right about this. Forums like HFV are hugely informative. Why common customers, in my office(I work in the IT department of an australian bank), I can see two expensive 1:1Da-lite projector screens hung upside down (retractor below) on a tripod and swaying in the wind as it is placed in the cafetaria (a semi-open area).

Srini, is the silver screen material thick? Reason why I ask is, in my Panoview screen, the material feels very thick compared to many others that I had seen during my search. As a matter of fact, the Plasma tv that I have behind the Projector screen is jutting out by about an inch and thus pushing the screen's center portion a little. But I do not see any wrinkles because as the stiffness kind of corrects the rest of the screen to be straight. I hope I don't develop wrinkles because of this.

Santhosh,

U r right,, screen thickness is less comapring to Panoview, not much difference u can see in terms of visual.

I believe more stiffness will lead to wrinkles... Have to check this point with some expert or we can search in forums..... Only the fabric and coating makes the difference. This point we will cross check... OR members who were reading this can comment...

Regards

Santhosh,

U r right,, screen thickness is less comapring to Panoview, not much difference u can see in terms of visual.

I believe more stiffness will lead to wrinkles... Have to check this point with some expert or we can search in forums.....

Hmmm, my thoughts are that, if it is thick, it will form cracks due to lack of flexibility. But if it is thin, it will be more flexible but prone to wrinkles. Not sure, will have to check.

Srini, when has the dealer promised you a replacement?

Just added test images thru imageshack

1) Open imageshack..
2) click browse
3) add the required photos.. ( all to be loaded in a single posting)
4)select the resize image button- select 15" desktop size or whatever u need.
5) click start or upload.
6) after getting finished you will see 3 options.....
Direct link to image
Hotlink for Websites
Short link to image

Kindly select DIRECT LINK to image files and copy the links...if it is a one image only one in the top will be appearing in the section as mentiond...
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8696/dsc04027f.jpg .... click the INSERT IMAGE BUTTON in the posting and paste in the link.. done... As below image will appear.
If it a multiple image,, go in to the GET LINKS AND CODES FOR ALL IMAGES & alot of links appear in the direct links, copy all in a notepad and insert one by one( next line type) in the via INSERT IMAGE..

dsc04027f.jpg

If you select the thumbnail for forums it will be like below

dsc04027f.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back