Light weight media player for 720p 1080p?

A google search on potplayer showed the first result as 'PotPlayer x86/x64 (aka "KMPlayer Reloaded")'. So it is basically KM Player. I downloaded a 6MB file but it turned out to be an update. So now going to download the original file.

Did you try my 1st link? file at bottom is 12.5MB.
I DL from there.

I downloaded and installed the player. It is a decent player but has a few glitches. It will take some time for me to adapt with the new player.

You can read the other link & install necessary codecs,it will help to play smoothly.

Which player can output 5.1 ch PCM via HDMI other than VLC for most of formats?
I tried MPCHC with ffdshow filter with PCM out,but cant get 5.1 in AVR (audio is 5.1aac).
When used vlc,I could.We cant bitstream codecs other than DD/Dts HD/regular as AVR cant decode aac or other 5.1.So we have to decode & send as PCM 5.1.
VLC does it,but how can MPCHC do it?

Which player can output 5.1 ch PCM via HDMI other than VLC for most of formats?
I tried MPCHC with ffdshow filter with PCM out,but cant get 5.1 in AVR (audio is 5.1aac).
When used vlc,I could.We cant bitstream codecs other than DD/Dts HD/regular as AVR cant decode aac or other 5.1.So we have to decode & send as PCM 5.1.
VLC does it,but how can MPCHC do it?

Finally I could get it a time back with new ffd filters.

Finally I could get it a time back with new ffd filters.

Hi Spiro

Please post the steps or the configuration settings that you changed to get the aac 5.1 channel to output in mpc-hc. I tried all sorts of settings and only get as PCM listed in my yamaha receiver. I double verified that the file is aac with 5.1 channel. How did you get it to pass thru in mpc-hc? If I can get this done in my mpc-hc then my htpc is complete with hd audio pass thru working flawlessly..

thanks in advance..

Hi manniraj,

You can check the config of mine as below-

Internal filters-

External filters-

Output-

FFDshow setting-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
with LAV-

Rest happens autometically when selected ATI as primary sound device configed as 7.1.

Last edited:
new MPCHC has much better sound output-
Downloads – MPC-HC

Listening with xonar D2X,I can certainly more gain and less noise.I can say at least 20% better sound output.Sounds good with 2ch music too.Not congested.Must try new 1.7.7 V.

Power DVD9 is very big and too ram consuming, I find KM and GOM are best lightweight and VLC is always good for any kind of file. KM player can even play HD videos on slow PC.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back