Listening impressions to bhagwan's set up - part II [July, 2014]

Last weekend i listened to this georgous setup which has been well described in the forum by others. My personal impressions as below,

- Highly resolved soundstage with imaging at dead center little bit higher than the listening plane.
- Sound stage width was not as wide as required as placement was for a near to mid-field listening with distance between speakers being around 6 feet which was also the listening distance between us and speakers.
- Mids are very resolved, clean, without clutter and open. Vocals were not chesty but more realistic with good presence and centering. Imaging was good, but due to the placement could not be very wide. More to do with the room rather than the speaker.
- Highs could have been a little bit more detailed, but again it was not grainy or fatigue.
-Lows were deep and diffused and did not interfere with the mids or the highs. A very good job on placement given the constraints.
- Little bit more details in the mid-bass and low-mids would be beneficial to the overall sound stage
- The speaker would have sounded much better in a larger room and the dynamics would have been fully utilized. The current placement is more of a compromise with the constraints given.:clapping:

All in all a very good evening spent with Bhagwan and enjoyed his courtesies. Thankyou.

Last weekend i listened to this georgous setup which has been well described in the forum by others. My personal impressions as below,

All in all a very good evening spent with Bhagwan and enjoyed his courtesies. Thank you.

Sir,
Your visit is much appreciated.
A 'talented' audio designer & manufacturer to have visited my home & 'auditioned' my 'humble' set up is a 'good' thing for me.
A few small 'clarifications :-

Tweeter to Nose [both sides]- 66 inches - speaker is 'equidistant'
Tweeter to Tweeter [gap between front baffle] - 88 inches
Vent to Vent [gap between rear of the speaker centre to the rear of speaker centre L & R] - 101 inches

Had an opportunity to listen to bhagwans setup after almost 10 months
The cabling was changed and speaker position was fine tuned from last time I visited
This resulted in a big change in the overall sound of the setup from what I listened to last time
As posted earlier, the speakers just vanish (amazing fof the fact that the room is not huge and speakers are no way small )
The tonality of the instruments feels very real and bass is super controlled and tight
The imaging and soundstage depth and width at par with the tidal bookshelves which itself are very good in that department
The vocals have more presence then before and it's a treat to listen to a good vocalist
Overall the setup is performing very well and has all the traits of good synergy between all the components of the setup
Thanks for the session bhagwan. It was a small one but satisfying one

Had a chance to listen to the setup once again.
The interconnects were changed from last time and speaker position fine tuned

Now for me the setup is sounding at its best and surpasses the earlier setup with tidal and canasyas
I heard the new setup for the first time exactly a year ago. At that time the sound had many rough edges for me which I conveyed to Bhagwan.
Improved massively when I heard it few months back and presently sounds its best
It does everything what the earlier setup did and there is added resolution and bass slam
All this with a mammoth speaker doing a disappearing act like a boss and few instances of slight bass overhang only in tracks which has way too much bass
Speakers sit just few inches away from the wall

Had a chance to listen to the setup once again.

Now for me the setup is sounding at its best and surpasses the earlier setup

Speakers sit just few inches away from the wall.

Hello !

Thanks for your visit;

It was a pleasure to host you & the Doc.
The Cadence Cansaya left my house in 2015.

Therefater you had visited with the TAD & the AM Hi End Amps.

I was not sure if you had heard the AARC Speakers before.

Currently the CEC [Transport] feeds the Meitner MA-1 [DAC] with a LPS Computer - into a PRC made - AM Hi End Pre Amplifier into a 833s Tube based SET Power Amplifier.

Yes, the speakers & the entire set up is playing super - best I have heard @ my house in the past 2 decades. I thank the lord for the help & the guidance.

Most welcome for more music - any day.

Others too are welcome to enjoy & share my joy !

LPS computer?? Please enlighten

Computer with Linear Power Supply by HDPLEX

@Bhagwan, I heard the new components exactly a year ago on Holi, the new speakers, amp, preamp, PC with LPS, DAC and the CEC cd player

Computer with Linear Power Supply by HDPLEX

@Bhagwan, I heard the new components exactly a year ago on Holi, the new speakers, amp, preamp, PC with LPS, DAC and the CEC cd player

OK.
I followed.
Then I had removed the AARC [Artos Audio Rainbow Cell] & was using the TAD [Tidal Amea Diacera] until November 2016.
At that time I made new feet for the AARC & re-installed them with new feet & Cable Change - Bertram Audio Out & Acrolink In. PRC AM Hi End Interconnect OUT & Audiaz Interconnect IN.

So what you here in Feb 2017 was the same speaker AARC but new feet & cable changed. Also position was 'new'
It is a 'different animal' now.

I personally an very happy & satisfied with the performance.

Earlier this week I was graciously hosted by Bhagwan to visit and listen to his setup. This being one of the celebrated rooms on the forum - I was extremely keen to listen to the latest iteration of the setup. Bhagwan is truly a gracious host. He is also a man of exquisite taste. We have met on earlier occasions but it was my first visit to his home.

One of the things that has struck me about Bhagwan has been the ruthlessness with which he moves gear in and out of his chain. No piece of gear seems to be safe in his chain. Any chance he gets to try something he seems to be able to move gear out. The sticker price for the gear is an added element to the curiosity of this famous room. The most important aspect for me was that Bhagwan has embraced digital and runs a full blown computer audio setup. I dont plan to add details of his setup as others have already covered the details earlier.

My visit was for a couple of hours. Think of it as a drive by visit made pleasant by Bhagwans hospitality. All I wanted was to have an experience of a top flight system tweaked to the limits by very experienced ears. That much was very easily experienced as Bhagwan played out a selection of jazz standards some familiar some not. Whatever misgivings that I heard of about the Artos Audio speakers were more or less sorted out. The two speakers just stood there seemingly doing nothing while throwing up a sound stage that extended several feet beyond the speaker line. Im sure a lot of work must have gone into getting that to happen. I did ask a little but I was mostly happy to enjoy the music as it unfolded in front of me. A system of this caliber needless to say checks of all the usual audiophile traits. I will not bother to mention all my observations but the fact is that it is one of the best digital setups I have heard.

I asked Bhagwan what kind of music was his favorite genre. His response was Indian Classical and so I asked him to play some for me in order to get a taste of what he had in mind while putting this system together. Bhagwan played some Drupad music by the Gundecha Brothers. As the alap developed, I could get a sense of what the system was capable of. Delicate images of Ramakant and Umakant Gundecha formed in front of us as the melodic improvisation unfolded with Akhilesh Gundecha on the pakhawaj in the background on the left and the tanpura on the right. My visit concluded with Part I of Keith Jarretts The Koln Concert. The system rendered the performance with all its famous cues beautifully (to those familiar with it) - Keith Jarretts foot tapping along with the loudest fortissimos and softest pianissimos of that legendary performance.

My Uber ride back was surprisingly smooth as I headed back from my listening taking in the views of the Mumbai nightscape. I could not help but appreciate Bhagwans generosity in opening his doors to any forum member who would like to visit his room. In this hobby a lot can be gained by visiting other audio enthusiasts and learning about the intricacies of audio. I would highly encourage others to take up Bhagwans offer to listen to his setup. It is truly an experience to take in a system of this level.

My sincere thanks once again to Bhagwan for his hospitality.

Last edited:
I sold my

CEC - CD 5 [CD Player]
+
Meitner MA-1 [DAC]
+
ADMS - Amare Musica Diamond Server [Computer Music Player]

No music at home.

Once I decide on & get a replacement 'front end' I shall start a new thread to follow up with this one.

shanti = peace = music to the ears :)

Respected Sir,

I wish I could agree with you;

However, I am used to 2 + 2 hours of music @ home - 5 days a week.

At work - the Tannoy plays for every minute I am in the office.
Hence Music is an essential part of my daily ritual.

Currently listening to Pandit Jasraj - Malhar - A downpour of music.

Basically when I get home - I need music - if its not there - I miss it.

Hence - 4 days now - the 'front end' was shipped out & I already have 'withdrawal' symptoms & nothing new will come till June - I finish Munich in May - MOC - so some new gear will only come in there after.
Maybe I shall get the DAD installed - but my current computer cannot accept the RME Card & without the Sound Card the DAD cannot be 'connected'

Lets see, what happens. Some way I will figure it out - I need music @ home. That is for certain !! :mad:

i was just pulling your leg.. :lol:

we are on the same boat... on a few things....about the need for music for example

:)

regards

Respected Sir,

I wish I could agree with you;

However, I am used to 2 + 2 hours of music @ home - 5 days a week.

At work - the Tannoy plays for every minute I am in the office.
Hence Music is an essential part of my daily ritual.

Currently listening to Pandit Jasraj - Malhar - A downpour of music.

Basically when I get home - I need music - if its not there - I miss it.

Hence - 4 days now - the 'front end' was shipped out & I already have 'withdrawal' symptoms & nothing new will come till June - I finish Munich in May - MOC - so some new gear will only come in there after.
Maybe I shall get the DAD installed - but my current computer cannot accept the RME Card & without the Sound Card the DAD cannot be 'connected'

Lets see, what happens. Some way I will figure it out - I need music @ home. That is for certain !! :mad:

why dont you get a nice CDP for times like this ?

sometimes cutting chai... will do....

it may not be as sophisticated as the rest of your chan but a nice classic CDP could be considered ( to be boxed up when your computer comes back )

I sold my

CEC - CD 5 [CD Player]
+
Meitner MA-1 [DAC]
+
ADMS - Amare Musica Diamond Server [Computer Music Player]

No music at home.

Once I decide on & get a replacement 'front end' I shall start a new thread to follow up with this one.

Wow! Did I speak to soon?
The ruthless pruning of your setup continues to amaze me.

Good luck with the search for the new source.
Any candidates that you have in mind?

That's the second time in recent times [emoji33]
You do have the HDPlex PC
Get a DAC on loan maybe???

Last edited:
Wow! Did I speak to soon?
The ruthless pruning of your setup continues to amaze me.

Good luck with the search for the new source.
Any candidates that you have in mind?

Sir,
All the gear I have at home & packed up is for sale.
Someone pays me 50 % of the retail price & I pack & ship.
I have no love or lust for any product !
That said, I have short listed the Chord CD iii
Others @ Munich - later this year.
Fingers are crossed.
Lets see what happens....

why dont you get a nice CDP for times like this ?

sometimes cutting chai... will do....

it may not be as sophisticated as the rest of your chan but a nice classic CDP could be considered ( to be boxed up when your computer comes back )

Sir,
You mean a CDP for 'stop / gap' or for always ?
I can & I will - I have a DAC scheduled to visit - for test & play - will report soon. Swiss; :yahoo:

That's the second time in recent times [emoji33]
You do have the HDPlex PC
Get a DAC on loan maybe???

Yes, I do use a HD Plex with LPS
That machine cannot take the RME Card - No Space.
However, I have been offered a DAC for use - will get it home this weekend for trial.
Shall report soon.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back