Local Indian components Vs Imported components - My shocking Discovery

The problem with Nichicon and other popular brands is that the market is flooded with cheap china copies.
Nobody bothers to rebrand a Keltron or at least its not as common.
My solution to this is to track weights. I also only buy from trusted vendors whom I have built up a relationship over years.
But hey some good info provided and nothing wrong with what you have posted.
Projectpoint.in I like because he mentions weight and size for every part he sells.
Im on the lookout for a vendor who provides the best non polarized caps for audio.

I am not sure how you compared. I shall suggest you open your device and check for bulged capacitors. Nichicon has Manu many counterfeit though.
This comparison was done by listening. PSU was new and so caps. So no bulges in cap but the performance was average.

Does anyone know "CAPS" branded Electrolytic capacitor? I am told that they are actually made by Keltron by the shop owner as they look same as Keltron in Orange colour but different lettering. I am not sure !

Thanks,

Does anyone know "CAPS" branded Electrolytic capacitor? I am told that they are actually made by Keltron by the shop owner as they look same as Keltron in Orange colour but different lettering. I am not sure !

Thanks,
Nope. Check on Keltron website ?

Use one regularly but never came across fake Keltrons before. Keltrons we’re always given to perform best.
Well I always thought Keltrons were too cheap to fake but I guess thats not the case.

I used to use Websen caps. I believe they were made in bengal under tech collab from rubycon or atleast thats what I was told. Nice caps. No longer available. Most guys at lamington road have samwa or keltron.

Well I always thought Keltrons were too cheap to fake but I guess thats not the case.

I used to use Websen caps. I believe they were made in bengal under tech collab from rubycon or atleast thats what I was told. Nice caps. No longer available. Most guys at lamington road have samwa or keltron.
Keltron are the most expensive compared to other Indian caps

I am not affiliated with any company.

70% of components were procured locally for Aleph2 and F5T.

I have used Alcone capacitors(PG 8K) for Aleph2.

Transformer - Torotrans

Heatsinks - Bhoomi Heatsink

Only PCB components were procured from mouser. It's difficult to fine one stop shop for Indian made components which are 100% genuine.

Last edited:
Does anyone know manufacturer of bipolar caps Indian?
You can easily DIY a bipolar capacitor using a standard electrolytic capacitor. For e.g if you are looking for a 50uf bipolar capacitor, then connect two 100uF electrolytic capacitor in series such that either both the +ve or both the -ve terminal are connected to each other.

I am not affiliated with any company.

70% of components were procured locally for Aleph2 and F5T.

I have used Alcone capacitors(PG 8K) for Aleph2.

Transformer - Torotrans

Heatsinks - Bhoomi Heatsink

Only PCB components were procured from mouser. It's difficult to fine one stop shop for Indian made components which are 100% genuine.
I am with you on Torotrans.

You can easily DIY a bipolar capacitor using a standard electrolytic capacitor. For e.g if you are looking for a 50uf bipolar capacitor, then connect two 100uF electrolytic capacitor in series such that either both the +ve or both the -ve terminal are connected to each other.
Thank you.

CK Electronics sells genuine Keltron caps at LR.
Yes.

There is a shop at the start of that same lane on right hand side selling only caps. They may have it. I have bought a few of other brands from them in retail before covid including websen. Dont know current situation.

CK has stopped selling Keltron , only elcheapo Chinese caps. I asked an old timer repairing Technics amp in that area. He said "If not Keltron, go for anything that's available like Alcon or Chinese. Otherwise you wont be able to repair anything!" LR has changed drastically , many shopkeepers put out board, "Only Wholesale". What I need is good caps in quantities of 5 pcs but different values/ ranges to recap old Norge, Technics , NAD C352 , etc as they are 20+ yr old. Norge is creating problems while others are still working. Min qty is typically 25-100 for small caps, even at Visha! . Else I will have to settle for Samwha

Yes.

There is a shop at the start of that same lane on right hand side selling only caps. They may have it. I have bought a few of other brands from them in retail before covid including websen. Dont know current situation.
SKylark selling Punsumi caps?1691995881397.png

Last edited:
CK has stopped selling Keltron , only elcheapo Chinese caps. I asked an old timer repairing Technics amp in that area. He said "If not Keltron, go for anything that's available like Alcon or Chinese. Otherwise you wont be able to repair anything!" LR has changed drastically , many shopkeepers put out board, "Only Wholesale". What I need is good caps in quantities of 5 pcs but different values/ ranges to recap old Norge, Technics , NAD C352 , etc as they are 20+ yr old. Norge is creating problems while others are still working. Min qty is typically 25-100 for small caps, even at Visha! . Else I will have to settle for Samwha
Samwha caps are used by many top tier audio equipment manufacturers. My Arcam amp uses Samwha. If they have settled for Samwha and it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me! If Keltron is not available in retail quantities, the loss is theirs. Not that they care - typical "sarkari" company attitude.
Try projectpoint.in for Keltron caps.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back