Local Indian components Vs Imported components - My shocking Discovery

CK has stopped selling Keltron , only elcheapo Chinese caps. I asked an old timer repairing Technics amp in that area. He said "If not Keltron, go for anything that's available like Alcon or Chinese. Otherwise you wont be able to repair anything!" LR has changed drastically , many shopkeepers put out board, "Only Wholesale". What I need is good caps in quantities of 5 pcs but different values/ ranges to recap old Norge, Technics , NAD C352 , etc as they are 20+ yr old. Norge is creating problems while others are still working. Min qty is typically 25-100 for small caps, even at Visha! . Else I will have to settle for Samwha
I have a bunch of Elna caps in different values lying with me, let me know what you need.

CK has stopped selling Keltron , only elcheapo Chinese caps. I asked an old timer repairing Technics amp in that area. He said "If not Keltron, go for anything that's available like Alcon or Chinese. Otherwise you wont be able to repair anything!" LR has changed drastically , many shopkeepers put out board, "Only Wholesale". What I need is good caps in quantities of 5 pcs but different values/ ranges to recap old Norge, Technics , NAD C352 , etc as they are 20+ yr old. Norge is creating problems while others are still working. Min qty is typically 25-100 for small caps, even at Visha! . Else I will have to settle for Samwha
You repair old amps as a hobby or profession? Only your own or for others too? Based in?

I am buying keltrons from here past 3 years
Do you check date codes , I've heard caps should be from fresh batch

Same one…..i dont know what they sell now.
They are old auth distributors for Punsumi, never checked with them for Keltron. Will try them on my next visit

You repair old amps as a hobby or profession? Only your own or for others too? Based in?
I'm from Mumbai & I repair my own amps as a hobby + DIY stuff like headphone amps, chip amps and speakers for gifting them to my close friends and relatives. Many people ask me to go commercial but sadly Indian hi-fi market (read classic stereo) was already on a decline, when I first started dabbling in hifis during my engineering days in mid 90s. And I see no hope of any revival looking at the current generation's listening tastes - loud, low DR streaming music from mobile speakers or BT devices

I have a bunch of Elna caps in different values lying with me, let me know what you need.
I will check values and revert back to you

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back