Logitech Harmony 885

sandip_d

Logitech Harmony 885 For Rs 5995 Only

Hi friends, :)
The logitech harmony 885 is available for Rs 5995/- only at Reliance Digital The MRP being 16495/- I bought one from Reliance Digital Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Here is more info...
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/372&cl=GB,EN
Logitech Harmony 885 universal remote control Overview - Other home video products - CNET Asia
Only 1 unit was left at Vashi. May be more at other outlets. Good deal for 6K. I have not set it. Maybe this weekend...
Sandip

Last edited:
Thats an excellent price for the 885 (the model nos. ending with 5 are for the Eu market) and is priced higher with the base catering to the 220-240V range. This is similar to the 880 that is sold in N America.

I personally have the 659 and love the hard button feel over the newer remotes. I would definitely buy another one if this crapped.

The logitech harmony 885 is available for Rs 5995/- only at Reliance Digital The MRP being 16495/- I bought one from Reliance Digital Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Here is more info...
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/372&cl=GB,EN
Logitech Harmony 885 universal remote control Overview - Other home video products - CNET Asia
Only 1 unit was left at Vashi. May be more at other outlets. Good deal for 6K. I have not set it. Maybe this weekend...
Sandip

Good buy!! Price of 6K is hard to believe. Croma was giving a big offer at 12K.

I got mine recently from US (880) for 5.5K.

Any idea if this offer is still on at RD?

Thats an excellent price for the 885 (the model nos. ending with 5 are for the Eu market) and is priced higher with the base catering to the 220-240V range. This is similar to the 880 that is sold in N America.

So is there a voltage/charging issue with the N. America remotes, if used in India?

Good buy!! Price of 6K is hard to believe. Croma was giving a big offer at 12K.

I got mine recently from US (880) for 5.5K.

Any idea if this offer is still on at RD?

it costs 6k in reliance digital. i wanted to buy that logitech but i am thinking of rather buying a cheaper remote,since chances of dropping a remote,breaking it,spilling liquid on it are quite high alteast in my home.so there are some philips remotes that are available for about 2.5k in croma,and its controls are simple and easy to understand by most people.

and sony remotes are even cheaper to buy ,but sadly sony remotes with learning functions are not available in india but they are available elsewere like this one costs only about $22 Amazon.com: Sony RMVL610N Remote Commander with 3 Color Back Plates - Neutral Pack (Black): Electronics

Re: Logitech Harmony 885 For Rs 5995 Only

Sandip

My friend almost bought this last piece from RD. But discovered that the display is bad. It's very light (bright) towards the centre of the screen, almost 50% area. So difficult to read. But one can overlook, unless you are careful. You may even think that you can adjust the brightness later. But there are no adjustments as such.

It made us believe that price reduction was done only to dispose this faulty unit.

Did you buy for the same price of 6K? Is your unit working OK?

Sorry Reju for replying late. The unit I had purchased is absolutely without any problems. Only thing bad was, the driver/software CD in the packing was broken. I downloaded them from Net. There is one unit still left at RD Vashi as on 17.05.2009.

Yeah it is the same last piece still there. They would not get more units. They only wanted to sell what they had.

I had spoken to Logitech sales guys and they too were quite zapped by the pricing. They went on to add that something maybe wrong with the unit (which I had already found out) and hence the pricing.

If you have got for the same pricing and nothing other than the CD was wrong, you have been extremely lucky, I would say. I never used the CD anyway, downloaded the latest 7.5 from net.

I have configured 8 devices and setup 7 activities. It is fun to use this thing;)

oh damn! that's a cool pricing. I need one for my bedroom. I will buy this anytime and move my existing 520 to bedroom. let me see in shipra mall RD whenever I can escape from work/ home!

It will be very interesting to know if they have it available in shipra mall RD for the same price. Most probably it will NOT be the case...

Could it be a refurbished piece?

I got my refurbished 550 from the US for $50. No issues. It's a Logitech factory refurb piece with a 3 month Logitech warranty.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back