Looking for Bowers&Wilkins in Delhi

Dax

hello Folks:

I am looking for references for reputable dealers in Delhi for
B&W speakers,
Kef
Paradigms

to audition.

Your input would be greatly appreciated. And if you have any suggestion for audio furniture for home use would be great.

yes Bharat Gupta is the guy to speak with at Gemini Technologies. He deals with Paradigm and B&W and even Rotel amps. He is ok and reasonable. The only issue is he sits in a small space at Ashoka Estate in Barakhamba Road ( a building which mainly houses corporate offices). He has a decent demo room.

Was there last month and bought a paradigm FS. He had 2 models of B&W bookshelves and a floor-standing which cost I think 75K (do not know the model)

Parking is a huge hassle.

For KEF, contact

Rajeev Menha of AV Operations in Chittaranjan Park at 9818380493 or Speak with Denny Jose at 9999016124. He has showrooms at Dwaraka and Gurgaon.

RN

B&W should be available with Onkyo dealers.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Onkyo was dealing B&W products many years ago, they have done away with B&W tie up long ago (at least in Chennai).

I am not aware about Delhi dealers or what ever but I can share my experiences with regard to B&W as I had almost B&W's speaker package right from 300 series. My present set up is with

B&W 804 S towers for Front, HTM3s for Center, SCM1 pair for Surround and one more pair of SCM1 for Surround back. Of course my Sub is of Sunfire TSEQ 12 signature.

If you can let me know your budget I can share my opinion with regard to the speaker package.

Thanks

R. Balagopalan

Thanks Bala. Here in Rajkot, the local Onkyo desert still deals in B&W, Energy and MK sound and Elac

There is Bowers & Wilkins Showroom on the Third Floor Of Select City Walk Mall in Saket. Hope this helps.

This Forum rocks. Thanks for your replies, they really help.

So in case I buy from these folks/dealers what are the ways to get these fixed in case they go bad?

I am thinking of floor standers b&W, (have to audition Kef and Paradigms)..matching them with 3812 (Denon, if you know reputable dealers in Delhi) that would be great. Sunfire sub, (junior) I am not sure if I can get one one Delhi (Chennai has the dealer). I have a velodyne, but not too happy with it.

B&W in my opinion sounds really good for Jazz type, and deep vocals., but not really good for lively music.

I am presuming these folks also carry accessories as well like cables, connectors and power strips ?

Thanks for your inputs.

In my humble view B&W s are a bit over rated given the price range in which they fall and what they eventually offer. There are some equally good brands below this range like Dali's Ikon series, or Tannoy's revolution series or wharfadale's signature series. Not to forget Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 Floorstander.

(I am assuming Audio is your first priority).

And you are likely to get a good deal on any of the above if you know where to go.

Narayanan, you should also try PSB. If jazz is your cup of tea, you should also look at lyrita.
Getting a demo for both of these is VERY easy. Contact Viren at Lyrita Audio ashishkesarwani for psb on this forum

thanks ANM. I know Viren Bakshi of Lyrita rather well. Great guy, wonderful products, as well as knowledgeable advice.

I am sold over his small tube amp.( and may even buy it)

Yes, I know Ashish and I have demoed the PSB. I agree. Good speakers. For some strange reason (which I cannot articulate) I like British speakers.

I also recorded a rank flop when I bought the polk TSI 250.(This was in the initial stages of my audio journey.

In my humble view B&W s are a bit over rated given the price range in which they fall and what they eventually offer. There are some equally good brands below this range like Dali's Ikon series, or Tannoy's revolution series or wharfadale's signature series. Not to forget Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 Floorstander.

(I am assuming Audio is your first priority).

And you are likely to get a good deal on any of the above if you know where to go.
Can you recommend dealers then for Tannoy and Dali and Wharfadale's.

thanks.
Dax

Thanks Bala. Here in Rajkot, the local Onkyo desert still deals in B&W, Energy and MK sound and Elac

Onkyo had a direct partner ship with B&W way back in 2000. Whereas long ago they have done away with that. If it is the Onkyo dealer who is still continuing to sell B&W's Please check for the year of manufacture on the models that are not still in production by B&W. Other than that if it is a current running model then it is ok.

Thanks.

Hi Dax

For Tannoy you can speak to Sandeep Mailk of acoustics arts (Chittaranjan Park) at 9811034184. For Dali speak with Sanjeev Devgun of Top Gizmos (NOIDA) 9811066766. And for wharfadale speak to Denny Jose at 9999016124.

Cheers

RN

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back